Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would much rather give Afshin Ghotbi another run than Branko.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      So you don't wanna see Iran in the WC?!

Comment

Last official news from earlier in the week was that Taj was going to meet Wilmots in a third country "within days" according to IFF spokesman Alavi. There is nothing after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          What makes you think that Branko has a better chance of doing so?

Comment

Ghotbi was our worst Coach we ever had, TM played like crap under his reign. We were totally lucky to qualify from our group back in AC 2011, were totally outplayed by Iraq and North Korea...

Comment

no no no no no no no no no no lol. Brangoh > Ghotbi and that's saying LOTS given that I'm the last person to support Brangoh.

Comment

What makes you think that Branko has a better chance of doing so?
                hummm....because he did it once while Ghotbi failed? That may point towards the reasoning?

Comment

hummm....because he did it once while Ghotbi failed? That may point towards the reasoning?
                  Ghotbi picked up with the team during the last couple matches when Daeis team had failed to get results. He also had one of the weakest team in our recent history. Our top forward was Mohammadi Gholami. If Ghotbi had Brankos TM, I'm sure he would have done a better job.

Comment

Ghotbi picked up with the team during the last couple matches when Daeis team had failed to get results. He also had one of the weakest team in our recent history. Our top forward was Mohammadi Gholami. If Ghotbi had Brankos TM, I'm sure he would have done a better job.
                    Nekounams very convincing criticism on Ghotbi after his failure in AC 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeZIE0800U

Comment

anyone is better than Wiltitts. Ghotbi, Branco are all better options than this overpayed clown. How did they even find this guy.

Comment

The argument could be made that without Nikbakht scoring a Lewandowski esque header vs Jordan, Branko would have been as unsuccessful. That and Hashemian going God mode against Qatar in that same first round.

He is better than Wilmots though

Comment

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2159738

Long 90min show on current state of TM

Comment

If Goals by Nikbakht and Hashemian SAVED Branko ... then ... how can you forget that GUCCI single handedly sent us to World Cup in Brazil ... his hustle against Korea and a lucky deflection that came his way aganist Qatar and he finished it ... not forgetting the incredible saves from our goalie in Seoul

Speaking of goalie ... Berianvand SHOULD have saved the Iraq winner ...

so as much as I agree with WILMOTS being the wrong choice, both due to his resume AND overall commttment to Football much less Team Melli .... let's not be selective with our history when we choose to bring it up

Thank you

Comment

When Ghotbi took over after Daei, TM played even worse than when Daei was in charge. He brought back old and out of form dinosaurs to TM. If Daei failed to take us to the WC, Ghotbi would fail even more.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                The argument could be made that without Nikbakht scoring a Lewandowski esque header vs Jordan, Branko would have been as unsuccessful. That and Hashemian going God mode against Qatar in that same first round.
                                He is better than Wilmots though
                                That argument could be applied to any coach. I refer to H.Behzadi FAN's post here above. Without Gucci and Rahman Ahmadi's double save against Korea, we wouldn't have been in the WC with CQ either.

Comment

Working...
                                X