Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Masoud Shojai overstayed his welcome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Masoud Shojai overstayed his welcome?

I have a lot of respect for Masoud Shojai and do not like to bash him. But I believe he has overstayed his stay at TM. After Asian Cup he should have retired. The two yellows today was not good at all and I think he is very responsible for today's loss. I hope he retires from Iranian Football after this game. He was a special player and did a lot for Iran and he should be thanked and respected. But he definitely has overstayed and needs to step aside to allow room for some younger players to join.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

He should have been out of TM after 2011.

Comment

This the crucial mistake that people like Daie and Shojaie have unwisely fallen into.

This the crucial mistake that people like Nekounam have wisely avoided.

Comment

I can’t remember the last time he has had a good game for TM - as nokhodi said he should have been out for 7-8 years now. I can’t help but think he’s just trying to get to 100 caps
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Masoud is really good in hiding his ego behind his kind smiling and good manners. If we don't make it to the next round he has a good role in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
            Masoud is really good in hiding his ego behind his kind smiling and good manners. If we don't make it to the next round he has a good role in it.
            exactly. He is one of the most stuck up pretentious people I have seen. All of this talk about social issues, akhlagh, etc, etc . HE IS THE WORST of it all. Always arguing with ref, getting cards, playing like hot trash, and then ORDERING other people around. His body is literally fat and stiff and can hardly run. If he was such a noble person he would gtfo himself and let a new player, young player, come take his place. Seriously one of the least likeable characters involved with this team, and a huge reason for its downfall if this guy is the leader.

Comment

Typical IFF inviting Shojaei, they’re doing tarof. Somehow Shojaei doesn’t get it.
              Also I’m seeing a lack of new young players with talent in TM. Sayyadmanesh and Delfi along with Nourafkan were my hopes but nothing ain’t changing. And starting Mohebbi over ARBJ is crazy

Comment

I like him a lot as a person

but if you guys remember he committed a cheap stupid penalty foul against Qatar in one of those "must win" 2014 WCQ matches, if the Singaporean ref was sharp his mistake would cost as the 2014 World Cup. earlier he received a red card against Korea.

he always makes mistakes like that.

Comment

Originally posted by P.dente View Post
                  Typical IFF inviting Shojaei, they’re doing tarof. Somehow Shojaei doesn’t get it.
                  Also I’m seeing a lack of new young players with talent in TM. Sayyadmanesh and Delfi along with Nourafkan were my hopes but nothing ain’t changing. And starting Mohebbi over ARBJ is crazy
                  mohebbi was our best player by a long ways today.

Comment

For a 35 year old captain he has the worst attitude. Always fowling and retaliating to fouls plus he can barely make a pass.

Comment

He is certainly at fault & an absolute idiot for not retiring himself from TM earlier ..! Especially after our qualification to WC 18 was finalized...!
                      Today’s pathetic debacle is still wholly Wilmots’s to claim & no other individual Period.
                      Afterall It was him who invited Massoud in first place & foolishly started him in such an unfitting matchup ..!

I still can’t help it but feel a bit sad n sorry for the guy ... ..!
                      he tried nightly today to keep a cool head but as expected he was abused constantly & blatantly by the Iraqi players especially by that dirty hack captain of theirs ( who deserved a sent-off twice over him..!) & eventually fell in to their trap with that foolish challenge & by the clueless & flaky ref who was clearly rattled by Iraqis constant abuse & complaining & saw himself off yet again in a crucial time of a vital TM game ..!
                      If he doesn’t retire after today I’d loose that lil bit of respect & liking I still reserve for the man...!

Comment

Shojaei even doesn't start regularly in a tractor. Genius of Wilmots..

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

the red card today was not justified in my opinion
                          kind of like how Nani was sent off for Man United v Real Madrid
                          BUT ... IFFFFF ... Shojaei is the BEST we can find for our midfield in 2019-2020 ... we are in TROUBLE , regardless of WHO the manager is

Comment

Everybody is Kung Fu fighting,
                            Your mind becomes fast as lightning
                            Although the future is a little bit frightening
                            (little bit frightening)
                            It's the book of your life that you're writing
                            (life that you're writing)

Comment

He is NOT responsible for the loss. The whole team played horribly.
                              But he should retire nevertheless.

The 2nd yellow was not warranted.
                              The player came from behind him and lunged forward.
                              AND Shojaei's foot never connected with him ... despite his typical arab antics.

Refs shd know players, with another coming from behind, have no view of him and may be merely clearing the ball.
                              This happens all the time.

But the ref was already against Iran (has mostly been like this for years now).
                              And that's a trend we have to accept.
                              the country of Iran i not liked (no matter how much we would like to think otherwise). the regime in Iran has literally turned EVERY NATION in the region into our enemy!
                              Dont expect justice in such arenas ... let alone favors.

Comment

Working...
                              X