No announcement yet.

Iran vs Bahrain Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our midfield was nonexistent because it was literally set up that way. 4 forwards playing a flat line basically with one occasionally dropping back. Meanwhile the CM’s cause turnover after turnover and had piss poor defensive tracking. This game was such a tactical regression I just hope that Wilmots learns from this before we play opposition that can actually shoot the damn ball.

Comment

There is a lot of blame to go around but it should be mostly directed to our players. These professional soccer players lost every 50/50 ball and couldn’t complete 2 passes in one play if their life depended on it. This is not acceptable at this level.

People playing gol koochik without tactics and a coach can complete a set of passes and win a ball. They should be able to as well.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        This is a terrible post. Go Troll somewhere else.
        It’s an emotional post dude. But we seriously have 0 chance. I’m not basing this on losing to Bahrain. It’s because Wilmots play with absolutely 0 tactics and 0 plan.

Comment

What is worse than the loss is the way tm played. There is no structure, no game plan visible. Players like Ebrahimi or Hajsafi were strong under Queiroz because he gave them a clear match plan. A route which they followed no matter ehat happened. Now it is just we attack and see what happens. Which is a big mistake as pur players do not have the individual discipline for that. What our players need is a clear strucure. But tbh: there was no quality coach available after the way we treated Queiroz. What goes around comes around...

Comment

Let's stop overreacting. TM will get better but obviously not too good because Iran FA and sports minister will make sure we won't have any proper funding and preparations but enough to bounce back against Iraq and revenge vs. Bahrain at home. We will get better and think we're invincible after we make the WC but lose some games narrowly. We will get to Asian Cup making it through to Quarters or Semis and after lack of support, we will fall to likes of Japan or Australia and we will have a reality check and asking for a new coach. Also Refs, AFC, and Arabs might fuck with us through this "unpredictable" path.

See...I've mastered being a TM fan. It's all a routine. Only way I'm wrong is we don't make the WC perhaps in paragraph again but same shit every 4 years

PS: Thank god I'm not a talented football player to play for TM. People are criticizing Azmoun of having temper tantrums for the penalty and injustice. I would have probably back and front slapped KO'ed that ref and made an embarrassing scene for Iran many years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
              What is worse than the loss is the way tm played. There is no structure, no game plan visible. Players like Ebrahimi or Hajsafi were strong under Queiroz because he gave them a clear match plan. A route which they followed no matter ehat happened. Now it is just we attack and see what happens. Which is a big mistake as pur players do not have the individual discipline for that. What our players need is a clear strucure. But tbh: there was no quality coach available after the way we treated Queiroz. What goes around comes around...
              This is exactly what I’m saying. We just attack run around and see what happens. What kind of stupid coach uses such tactics? That’s why I say we have absolutely 0 chance in wc.

Comment

Don’t worry people we will be fine, we will win every game from now on. I don’t think Bahrain will get a win in the next two games.

Comment

1 - We did not have a game plan whatsoever.
                  2 - Midfield was the worst. Omid Ebrahemi ruin the game with all his backward passes
                  3 - Sardar was lost in this game.
                  4 - There was no comeback trust for the team comparee to the CQ era.
                  5 - Bahrain was the better team with more possessions and a game plan.
                  6 - Better team won.
                  7 - TM needs better preparation & friendlies. Wilmot needs to learn on how CQ was deemanding it.
                  8 - Not the same TM and if we don't adjust quickly it is a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                    so we should forget about 30 goals against Cambodia in next game? This team is done! Sell!!!! Time to bring out our Tajikistan jerseys
                    I don’t care about the loss. CQ lost to Lebanon. He lost to Uzbekistan in Tehran. But under Wilmots we play with 0 plan. It’s like if he instructs the players to just run forward freely and see what will happen. What kind of skilled coach would use such tactics?

Comment

All I can say is that we're in very big trouble. It'll be tough for us to advance from this group. We are currently sitting in 3rd place behind Iraq and Bahrain.

We can't expect a win in Iraq, we should be happy with a draw there. We must beat both Iraq and Bahrain in Tehran, and hope Iraq/Bahrain drop some points along the way. Reminds me of WCQ06..

Comment

Bring back Carlos Quriouz!! A World Class hereo big leader of Football. You think Wilmots will do the some! Our best World Cup 2018 ever. We almost won Portugal and draw Spain.. it was the best ever generation we had.

This lost was so bad it remind me of 2001 Bahrain 3:1 Iran Blazevic we lost. What happend today we are the best in all Asia!! Now we are 3th in our group

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad A View Post
                          1 - We did not have a game plan whatsoever.
                          2 - Midfield was the worst. Omid Ebrahemi ruin the game with all his backward passes
                          3 - Sardar was lost in this game.
                          4 - There was no comeback trust for the team comparee to the CQ era.
                          5 - Bahrain was the better team with more possessions and a game plan.
                          6 - Better team won.
                          7 - TM needs better preparation & friendlies. Wilmot needs to learn on how CQ was demanding it.
                          8 - Not the same TM and if we don't adjust quickly it is a slippery slope.
                          Agreed with mostly everything.

Sardar wasnt lost. A forward, especially an attacking opportunistic one like Sardar, needs assistance from his team to get the ball and score. They werent getting him the ball because of your point 2.

I REALLLYY hope Wilmots will learn from this loss, improve the tactics of the team as well as the roster. Both are seriously in need of change.
                          #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                            All I can say is that we're in very big trouble. It'll be tough for us to advance from this group. We are currently sitting in 3rd place behind Iraq and Bahrain.

We can't expect a win in Iraq, we should be happy with a draw there. We must beat both Iraq and Bahrain in Tehran, and hope Iraq/Bahrain drop some points along the way. Reminds me of WCQ06..
                            If we beat Iraq and Bahrain at Home and draw Iraq away, we will be fine (Hong Kong and Kambodja will be no prob.).

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

Yep 100%. And Iraq and Bahrain will be playing for a draw those last two games as that is all they will need to advance. People keep saying don’t panic but we are NOT in good place at all right now. Iraq game next month is a must win

Comment

Also we should take a second to congratulate Hajisafi for that amazing assist to get Bahrain that penalty!
                                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Working...
                                X