Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can keep saying it Saeed, but the fact remains that Azmoun is our only world class potential player. His finishing, anticipation, speed, heading and general game understanding is better than any striker we have had for a looong time.

Defensively we rely on him for clearances on corners and set pieces more than any of our actual defenders.

His body language and personality traits are his only problem. For everything else, we should be very proud indeed that we have him.

This is not to take anything away from Kaveh who I really like and is a great forward too. I am proud of him as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Milux View Post
        Bro you can not say that about Azmoun. He is poor mentally but the rest is ok
        Right, we do not Need mentally poor Players in These days. we can not count on them...
        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
        -

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          You can keep saying it Saeed, but the fact remains that Azmoun is our only world class potential player. His finishing, anticipation, speed, heading and general game understanding is better than any striker we have had for a looong time.
          Defensively we rely on him for clearances on corners and set pieces more than any of our actual defenders.
          His body language and personality traits are his only problem. For everything else, we should be very proud indeed that we have him.
          This is not to take anything away from Kaveh who I really like and is a great forward too. I am proud of him as well.
          world class???? world class potential??? Never dude. He has not world class Format...

World Class is Lewandowski, world class is Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Griezmann, Suarez, Lautario Martinez, Aubameyang, Agüero…

while world class potential is Jadon Sancho, Erling Haaland, Jonathan David, timo Werner, Marcus thuram to Name few….

you will not finde azmoun in the Top 50 in term of Goals, ages (Talent) or Points in total...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/topscorer
          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
          sigpic

-

Comment

Saeed when Iranians talk about world class regarding an Iranian player, they don't actually mean world class but internationally sound. So instead of top 20-30, talking about top 100-300.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              Saeed when Iranians talk about world class regarding an Iranian player, they don't actually mean world class but internationally sound. So instead of top 20-30, talking about top 100-300.
              yes and this is same reason fans falling in love with azmoun, just because he Plays some CL Matches and is a Young Player...they make him god, world class and more...we should open our eyes. not Talking and repeating something we wish and Dream or believe…..say the truth, not what he can be...
              sigpic

-

Comment

World class POTENTIAL

Jeez...

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                  yes and this is same reason fans falling in love with azmoun, just because he Plays some CL Matches and is a Young Player...they make him god, world class and more...we should open our eyes. not Talking and repeating something we wish and Dream or believe…..say the truth, not what he can be...
                  Well, he has accomplished much more than Ali Karimi ever did.

Yes, Azmoun is World Class, right now. Not potential, but right now. That means, he can play and is playing at the highest levels. By definition, he is playing in the highest level of competition which is CL and doing pretty good by any standard.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Saeed, I find Azmoun loos, childish, a momma's boy. He hasn't done any favours for himself with some of his actions, but he is young so I've ignored most of it.

But in terms of his skills as a footballer, do you actually watch him?

His off-the-ball movement, anticipation and positioning, vision, acceleration, game understanding and awareness.

If you watch him and still don't appreciate he is very highly skilled in these attributes, objectively, then I guess none of us know what to say to you.

Comment

This is not to take away from any of Kaveh's achievements or Gholizadehs/Delfis...

But if in an alternate universe Azmoun was Moroccan we would have lost that game by 2 goals or more

Comment

Exactly, Kaveh is a great player. I have no doubt that if we didn't have Sardar, he would be our nok-e hamleh and would do a good job( We need him now as he is 27 and hitting the peak years for a striker).

But we have Sardar - and the guy has saved our asses in attack (both individually and with his fantastic understanding with Taremi) and defence many many times.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                          world class???? world class potential??? Never dude. He has not world class Format...
                          World Class is Lewandowski, world class is Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Griezmann, Suarez, Lautario Martinez, Aubameyang, Agüero…
                          while world class potential is Jadon Sancho, Erling Haaland, Jonathan David, timo Werner, Marcus thuram to Name few….
                          you will not finde azmoun in the Top 50 in term of Goals, ages (Talent) or Points in total...
                          https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/topscorer
                          jonathan david is world class potential but azmoun is not ? LOL. The same werner you mentioned is very talented but misses tons of chances, and was MUCH worse than azmoun in the two matches vs zenit, even being subbed at half time, despite playing for the dominant team...

Azmoun is definitely not in first category you mentioned, nor will he be at some point in the future. But immediately below those top players in the world azmoun can find himself, which for any player let alone an iranian is very impressive.

Anyways I struggle to see any iranian players in the lists you just mentioned? Correct me if im wrong...

Your problem with azmoun isnt performance, because we have nobody better, and its not really close. Your problem is personal and you are unwilling to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            jonathan david is world class potential but azmoun is not ? LOL. The same werner you mentioned is very talented but misses tons of chances, and was MUCH worse than azmoun in the two matches vs zenit, even being subbed at half time, despite playing for the dominant team...
                            Azmoun is definitely not in first category you mentioned, nor will he be at some point in the future. But immediately below those top players in the world azmoun can find himself, which for any player let alone an iranian is very impressive.
                            Anyways I struggle to see any iranian players in the lists you just mentioned? Correct me if im wrong...
                            Your problem with azmoun isnt performance, because we have nobody better, and its not really close. Your problem is personal and you are unwilling to admit it.
                            Kaveh is if not better all around (finishing, pressing, physical ,etc...), at least on par with Sardar. I'd even argue Taremi who isn't my fav, isn't that far off Sardar.
                            Not saying Sardar is shit, but pointing out that alot of team melli fans underrate our other strikers.
                            Last edited by The; 12-02-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Thank you. We as usual are ungrateful for what we have and believe the grass is greener somewhere else.

Yes, Sardar has self-control issues, he may look cocky but he's by far the best striker we had since Daei prior to 2004. He's 24, he will turn 25 soon. People should not forget that the best age for a striker is between 24 and 28. That's when they're in their prime.

Envoyé de mon SM-G975F en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Kaveh is if not better all around (finishing, pressing, physical ,etc...), He's at least on par with Sardar. I'd even argue Taremi who is my fav, isn't that far off Sardar.

Not saying Sardar is shit, but pointing out that alot of team melli fans underrate our other strikers.
                                gonna have to disagree with you there. Kaveh is a zahmatkesh forward, yes. He also has some good technical qualities (passing ,vision). What I really like about him as you say is hustle, attitude, and self confidence (unlike guys like such as karim). Plus he can run in behind quite well which adds another dimension to his game.

But he is not comparable in terms of talent to sardar. That is just fact. He does not have the lightning speed, ex factor dribbling, world class leap. His hold up play is objectively quite weak, although he is good at winning aerials. In his CL matches with brugge this was painfully obvious. He could not control and release the ball in a quick efficient manner vs higher quality CBs. This has developed into one of sardars main strengths (1/2 touch release under pressure to other players)

Kaveh should definitely be given more of a look in for TM, but definitely not at the expense of Sardar. This guy has consistently showed up vs Europes Best. Even in the two matches vs one of the world BEST up and coming Cb's upamacano, sardar was still able to trouble him in decisive moments and provide his teams best threat. Vs the likes of Denayer and another very highly rated Andersen in Lyon he was brilliant even playing injured in France. He was a total menace for villareal center backs even though his finishing wasnt peak that night, still scored one. He killed fenerbahce (Albeit lower quality defenders). He scored vs at the time the best defense in the world (Atl madrid at their home stadium where they hadnt conceded for over a year!) playing for a very weak rostov side. Bayern, Ajax, Anderlecht defenses were all torched by azmoun.

Some of you can pretend like these are minor or past achievements (they are very current and happening on regular basis actually), but for all the qualities our other guys have, none are at the level of sardar. This shows as he is the only player a legitimately big club has been willing to pay for and trust completely for an extended period of time.
                                Brugge totally mismanaged kavehs injury, but when he was given chances to play (unlike ARJ) he really wasnt anything special on the higher level. To maintain sardars effiency for a team with as big expectations and pressure as zenit takes a quality player.

Not to mention sardar has achieved all this while still being considerably younger than the other guys. Taremi is somebody closer to sardar's talent level, but his ability to sustain himself in long EU season, his ability to be a consistent finisher in front of goal, are both huge questions marks as a result of staying in Qatar and PGPL so long.

And even with the crap service he gets in TM, sardar still is one of top goal scorers EVER, with nearly the best goals/game ratio, stunning for his age. So he produces for TM too. I think what plays on a lot of peoples minds is how recently for TM he looks nowhere near what he does for zenit, but its very easy to see why. Our TM midfield is so weak at getting balls to forwards currently, that they end up looking lazy and useless. Taremi in last few matches did even less than sardar. You cannot just dump these high quality players at one end of the pitch and partner them with losers like karim, Shojaei, Amiri, etc (players of far inferior quality) and expect them to be able to match the level of Sardar, Taremi, etc and get them necessary service.

Sardar's issue is that emotionally he has not developed into a leader for TM yet. He gets partnered with the garbage that is karim and he lets it get to him and affect his performance. Somebody needs to tell him that this is TM and he has to make the best with what he has got and not show attitude. But it would help a LOT if guys like Kaveh, Gholizadeh, Ghoddos, etc were around him linking with him and Taremi so their talents could actually be showcased. Right now TM is not even using 25% of the potential of these guys, and that has way more to do with personnel surrounding them than it has to do with them individually.

Comment

Working...
                                X