Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a downgrade in his career. But i guess he likes Turkey and wants to get playing time.
    Kayseri is small city though.
    Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

If he stays in turkey, he’s destroying himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
        No offers from Bundesliga or Serie A. Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Turkey, Portugal and Belgium were the countries he had offers from.
        Out of all, he chose the second worst option (after Qatar / SK).

Comment

Poor choice, he surely has shown enough to get way better offers??
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            I think Maritimo would have been the obvious choice. Seems like Portugese have great footballing culture and like our players - even ones who have started out slow like Alipour. Plus, he would for sure have one Iranian teammate and perhaps two.

Comment

More than going to Qatar at the age of 24?

I know you don’t like Turkey for some reason, can’t be specific to our players since we have a small sample size and certainly none have been ruined there but if we are being totally fair here nokhodi jaan a super lig team is good for the circumstances especially if it means consistent playing time.

Majid needs to be playing at a higher than Asian level which he is in Turkey and you’d have to imagine joining a team like this he will be a consistent starter. All good things for where he is at in his career
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

On paper, Turkey would the perfect gateway league to the rest of Europe for our players - it's close to use geographically, culturally etc. But it hasn't panned out like that - actually the opposite. I don't know why. Even Majid coming off that incredible World Cup at such a young age gets benched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  More than going to Qatar at the age of 24?

I know you don’t like Turkey for some reason, can’t be specific to our players since we have a small sample size and certainly none have been ruined there but if we are being totally fair here nokhodi jaan a super lig team is good for the circumstances especially if it means consistent playing time.

Majid needs to be playing at a higher than Asian level which he is in Turkey and you’d have to imagine joining a team like this he will be a consistent starter. All good things for where he is at in his career
                  Maybe at their better clubs, but playing for a nearly relegated Turkish club isn't going to elevate his football.

Comment

This is 100% on his agents. Staying in Turkey and training with a worse squad is going to stagnate his career.

A free agent cb like Majid should be able to get a mid table Belgian/Portugese offer or bottom table team in SerieA/Bundesliga/La Liga.

Comment

Trabzon is actually one of the most likeable clubs in Turkey. They don't spend not even close to the big 3 and finish in top 3-4 most of the time.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this is actually a decent move. While I would like him to move to a better team in Turkey, I don’t actually think it’s that bad of a move at this point in his career. Hosseini joon just turned 25, and while he isn’t old, he knows a bad move here could fuck Up any chance of going to a top 5 league. While Marítimo is a better team, he knows it’s going to take a while to adjust to Portugal and is going to have to learn a new language. He’s already spent 3 seasons in Turkey and has adjusted to the culture, so the time it’ll take him to adapt to Kayserispor will most likely be shorter. If he thinks he’ll be more clinical here, it’ll be the right decision. And anything In Europe is bette than Qatar 🤢 or South Korea 🤮

Comment

In fairness, if prior to the last WC you said that Majid would leave to Europe afterwards and become a stalwart in Team Melli most people would've looked at you like you were crazy.

Progress isn't linear!

Comment

Comment

Big downgrade, but I hope he gets his game on. Unlikely to become the great player we all thought he was gonna be

Comment

Portugal/Maritimo would have been a much better move. If he played well in Portugal he could have moved to Porto, Benfica or Sporting and after that perhaps the Primera Division. There is no way Galatasaray, Fenerbahce or Besiktas will buy him even if he plays great there. Turkey is not a good environment for Iranian players as history has shown.

I'm guessing the salary at Kayserispor is better, anyway good luck to this fine defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X