Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
    Hwang Hee-Chan from Korea and Takumi Minamino from Japan are both Red Bull Salzberg players who scored today against Liverpool.

Very interesting contrast to see Asian players that are almost unheard of getting goals against Champions league champions.
    it begs the question...ARJ didnt HAVE to do this to himself. He could have joined a team like Ajax, PSV and been apart of an offensive system that suited his talents and while playing in a weaker league, been able to truly showcase himself at the highest level (not brighton parking the bus and conceding 5 retarded goals vs man city) actually COMPETING vs teams in european competition.

Comment

Never heard of Minamino before tonight but looked a really good player with an all round game. Hwang made a bit of a name for himself a couple of seasons back with their good Europa League run where he got a few goals but was poor last year out on loan at Hamburg.
      But ye I agree , ARJ would thrive in a team like that, even though the League is weaker you can see that they bring a lot of confidence into their European games.

Comment

Minamino was the player who assisted Japan’s first goal against us in the Asian Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          it begs the question...ARJ didnt HAVE to do this to himself. He could have joined a team like Ajax, PSV and been apart of an offensive system that suited his talents and while playing in a weaker league, been able to truly showcase himself at the highest level (not brighton parking the bus and conceding 5 retarded goals vs man city) actually COMPETING vs teams in european competition.
          Absolutely Agree. dont get he needs to learn from his ex teammate vincent jannsen. he screwed up his career going to england, then fenerbace didnt want him now hes in mexico. was one of the big talents in dutch football and drained down the toilet. hes 25 now playing in mexico.

I really hope that AJB just leaves the PL. any players should first go bundesliga (i always belive bundesliga is the best place for a strong development) before heading towards EPL if they wanted to but tbh im against going to PL.. EPL dont give a Sh** about growth, its all about money fame and transfers, look at the tv rights, why invest in developing a player when you can get the money from the TV rights every year and buy another one again , again, and again. theres no room for progress, and with this bullshit british football is getting less and less exciting, and their talents are going to run out soon unless they send them abroad , learn develop and come back, best examples are Jordan Sancho , bale, even bloody trippier. the league doesnt need to be as good as epl but f*** ,you learn the other mentaility and tactics of a country which you can use and benefit for your future performances.

AJB needs to GTFO or join his team mate in monterrey and be a fener reject. just go to PSV mate and play the way you like, plus u got europa legue and high chance of CL. it pisses me off this sh**

Comment

According to Potter, March will be back in the squad this weekend.

Comment

It would have been AMAZING for his career if he joined Ajax. Especially after seeing their Champions League run last year. VERY impressive team and I think they align very well with ARJs playing style being an Eredivise team. Sad to see what could have been..
              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Friends, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..... Nobody, or almost nobody, was questioning the move when he joined Brighton. We were so so so happy... The only debate was whether Brighton is better for him or Leicester. He has not had a smooth transition for numerous reasons and now we are all like he should have done this and that and we are assuming that he is going to end up in Bangladesh league 2... etc., etc. The honest truth is if we get another golden boot winner from Holland next year with an opportunity to move to England the following year, I would 100% support the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  Friends, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..... Nobody, or almost nobody, was questioning the move when he joined Brighton. We were so so so happy... The only debate was whether Brighton is better for him or Leicester. He has not had a smooth transition for numerous reasons and now we are all like he should have done this and that and we are assuming that he is going to end up in Bangladesh league 2... etc., etc. The honest truth is if we get another golden boot winner from Holland next year with an opportunity to move to England the following year, I would 100% support the move.
                  Perhaps you’re right, but this experience has given me a distaste for lower half of table English clubs. They play scrappy ugly football and if a player of ours had to choose between one of those and a similar team in a different league (Spain/Germany/Italy) I would 100% be in favor of the latter.

I used to watch every single one of Nekounam and Shojaei’s games for Osasuna and even though they were relegation candidates i genuinely enjoyed all of their matches plus the team atmosphere. I mean their squad included players like Monreal, Raul Garcia, Azpilicueta, Juanfran, players that nobody on Brighton’s squad could even hold a candle up to. The only time you’d see them park the bus was when they’d face Barca who at the time had the strongest squad in the planet under pep.

Comment

I would much rather see our players in BuLi or La Liga then EPL and I'm a Man U fan.

Even Portugal and France would be better. Our players are thriving in Portugal and look at how well Ghoddos is with his teammates.

For all the natural talent Jahanbakhsh doesnt have like Ali Karimi...he would have worked 3x as hard to assimilate and eventually be on a top half club in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      According to Potter, March will be back in the squad this weekend.
                      well thats that then ..!!
                      off he goes to the bench in hopes of an unlikely few trash minute feature or more likely excluded all together from the squad again with some bs fitness excuse..!!

damn so wish that PSV loan move woulda materialized .....!!(im pretty sure he is also wishing the same now..!!) that was such an amazing opportunity that slipped by for one reason or another..!!
                      personally im not so confident a similarly fitting and impressive transfer would present itself again for him...??
                      its clear by now that Pothead doesnt fancy him, so he'd have to make a more clear statement of his quality in his limited features at TM in WCQs..!! his last TM feature was far from that..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        what?!??!? I distinctly remember many being critical of the move, including myself. First thing I said was that it was the worst move he could have made. The styles didnt align from the start, and it has proven so. PL is not his game at all and ESP not in this system.

Comment

what?!??!? I distinctly remember many being critical of the move, including myself. First thing I said was that it was the worst move he could have made. The styles didnt align from the start, and it has proven so. PL is not his game at all and ESP not in this system.
                          I agree
                          However, Farzad’s point still quiet valid overall. There were very few of us who weren’t all too hyped about his EPL move back then.
                          I also believe AZ had a big hand in transferring him to EPL too..! All they cared about back then was to s strike a rich deal while the hype surrounding their golden boy was @ it’s peak after a sorta (flukish..!?) explosive end to the season that saw him snatch the golden boot & offloading him for shitt ton of cash ..! Obviously EPL clubs were gonna be the most likely destination due to their deep pocketbook..!

Comment

A Japanese player, Ritsu Doan, started for PSV on the right and just assisted a goal. They signed him a few months ago. Could have been Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

2.5 hrs before Brighton kick off against Tottenham

Another bench game perhaps?

Comment

Potter said Alireza will start tonight. Thats why im pulling an all nighter. They will probably lose but lets hope Ali puts one in the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X