X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    It was a dive
    Nope. Clumsy giveaway. Clumsy tackle.

Not my words but the words of the analysts.

Also do Maupay and Alzate understand what offsides means?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
      but once again ... and seriously, I am asking just what goes on in training sessions that THESE chaps get the nod?

Either that all these guys suddenly turn into world class players with precise passing, dribbling, shooting, pace, ... (all of which is really not shown in real matches) or just that JB is not doing anything. literally.
      How horrible should JB be doing (almost as if he squats in the middle of the pitch and plays "ye ghol do ghol" while everyone else runs about and kicks the ball? ANYTHING outside of this, I just cant explain his exclusion from the squad.
      This is the only explanation I can think of:

When a new CEO comes into a failing company, the first thing he will do is try to make his predecessor and his decisions look stupid. The is particularly true if the new CEO is not doing any better or worse than the old one.

Potter came in. JB was the highest paid transfer. He is trying to show that the old coach made a stupid mistake by completely neglecting JB.

Case in point: Alazate. The guy had 4 goals in 26 games in the 4th tier, yes the 4th tier of English football. JB was the golden boot winner in the Dutch first division. How can you even compare the two. I cannot believe that JB is performing worse than this guy in training.

Look at the rest of the squad. They still play like its 1959. No first touch. No game awareness. No coherent tactics. The only win they have is a first game win against a bottom dweller.

In any case. The damage is done. BHA WILL RELEGATE. JB has to move on, with some damage already done to his career. At least he pocketed some dough. Good for him. I agree it is better for him not to play a single minute in this failing squad. BHA's problems are bigger than JB. He will not be able to make much of a difference. Even Messi cannot turn around this failing ship.
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

It was a dive

yeah it was a dive and the pope is jewish.

Webster himself even knew it was a pk, he made contact with his ankle clearly and it was VAR Checked! its so obvious that he makes contact with the ankle.

AND even if it was minimal contact, which it absolutely wasnt at all, webster would still be deserving of serious criticism for that play. But again, he is english and gets a free pass in your mind.

Let me be frank with you, foreigners built this entire league, both in terms of playing and coaching. Without them wed be watching a bunch of horseshit like brighton. Just because webster cost 20 million and has a nice british name doesnt mean anything when he makes plays like that costing the team.

Comment

I understand the ARJ frustrations, we have all followed his career closely and all want him to succeed and when the injuries happened we thought finally he will get in but he unluckily picked up a knock.
          Alzate and Connolly have come in from the reserves team after a loan out and both have impressed when they were given a chance. From what I have seen from both I like the look of both of them, Alzate was unlucky not to score today and Connoly has an eye for a goal.
          Now this isn’t me saying I think they are better players than ARJ but so far he hasn’t taken his chance when it was given and yes maybe they are showing something more in training, there is no conspiracy against ARJ.
          Once again I really hope he can turn things around for himself and if he doesn’t at Brighton I am confident he will make a name for himself again at another club.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

yeah it was a dive and the pope is jewish.

Webster himself even knew it was a pk, he made contact with his ankle clearly and it was VAR Checked! its so obvious that he makes contact with the ankle.

AND even if it was minimal contact, which it absolutely wasnt at all, webster would still be deserving of serious criticism for that play. But again, he is english and gets a free pass in your mind.

Let me be frank with you, foreigners built this entire league, both in terms of playing and coaching. Without them wed be watching a bunch of horseshit like brighton. Just because webster cost 20 million and has a nice british name doesnt mean anything when he makes plays like that costing the team.
            I do agree that foreign players have played a big part in the Premier League, Bergkamp, Henry, Cantona, Ginola, Klinsman, Juninho, you could go on but I read your posts and I know that you know football but there was also Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Shearer, Owen, Fowler, Beckham etc the list can go on
            British players prices always come at a premium, it’s crazy some of the prices. Sometimes it works, for example James Maddison but it is why clubs look abroad for players because they come at a cheaper price.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              I do agree that foreign players have played a big part in the Premier League, Bergkamp, Henry, Cantona, Ginola, Klinsman, Juninho, you could go on but I read your posts and I know that you know football but there was also Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Shearer, Owen, Fowler, Beckham etc the list can go on
              British players prices always come at a premium, it’s crazy some of the prices. Sometimes it works, for example James Maddison but it is why clubs look abroad for players because they come at a cheaper price.
              the list doesnt go on. The players you named are mostly from an old school.

Currently the best team in england have AT MAX 2 players in their starting xi, and liverpool have AT MAX 3. I am not saying that english players are all bad, some are very solid and yes there are many examples of solid english players. BUT, english fans have a tendency, especially in the smaller clubs/fanbases that havent really experienced Premier League a lot, to criticize disproportionately foreign buys and defend english players. Its a stupid mentality to have because of what I just mentioned. Webster was not a steal, he was a giant waste of money.

Comment

Brighton is a dumb team and JB is Dumber for staying and wasting his talent. The end

Comment

It was a dive
                  Webster might be a good player just not for the premier league.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

After 7 games, BHA with a whopping 6 points. It they were topping the standings, I'd say at least Potter and BHA have a winning formula and there would be reason to not fix what isn't broke. But c'mon Potter, you're playing a bunch of U-23s in the EPL for god's sake. Put in ARJ and change up the formula, cause it ain't working.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      the list doesnt go on. The players you named are mostly from an old school.
                      Currently the best team in england have AT MAX 2 players in their starting xi, and liverpool have AT MAX 3. I am not saying that english players are all bad, some are very solid and yes there are many examples of solid english players. BUT, english fans have a tendency, especially in the smaller clubs/fanbases that havent really experienced Premier League a lot, to criticize disproportionately foreign buys and defend english players. Its a stupid mentality to have because of what I just mentioned. Webster was not a steal, he was a giant waste of money.
                      I was responding to your quote that foreigners built the entire league.

Comment

I can't believe a League Two player is starting over Jahanbakhsh. Two World Cups, where he played against Argentina, Bosnia, Morocco and Portugal...meanwhile Potter has a preference for a nobody like Alzate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          I can't believe a League Two player is starting over Jahanbakhsh. Two World Cups, where he played against Argentina, Bosnia, Morocco and Portugal...meanwhile Potter has a preference for a nobody like Alzate.
                          When Alzate was given his chance whilst ARJ was injured he played well and carried on in the team, now I don’t think Alzate will carry on in the starting XI when Trossard returns from injury and he more than likely will find a dip in form as all new young players do. Just because ARJ played against decent opposition in a World Cup doesn’t give him a right to start a game.
                          ARJ has been unlucky with the timing of his injuries and has yet to give the boss a reason to make him an automatic starter, he has the talent to do this though and hopefully when given a chance he makes the most of it.
                          But Steven Alzate isn’t the reason for ARJ struggles at Brighton, his time at Swindon last year was a loan like most young players have to lower league teams to gain experience and conditioning.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            When Alzate was given his chance whilst ARJ was injured he played well and carried on in the team, now I don’t think Alzate will carry on in the starting XI when Trossard returns from injury and he more than likely will find a dip in form as all new young players do. Just because ARJ played against decent opposition in a World Cup doesn’t give him a right to start a game.
                            ARJ has been unlucky with the timing of his injuries and has yet to give the boss a reason to make him an automatic starter, he has the talent to do this though and hopefully when given a chance he makes the most of it.
                            But Steven Alzate isn’t the reason for ARJ struggles at Brighton, his time at Swindon last year was a loan like most young players have to lower league teams to gain experience and conditioning.
                            Apart from the fact that what you are stating is true, I think it is sad and “unjustified” that a player with a resume like Jahanbakhsh has yet to see a single minute of game time for a relegation side in the Premier League. We are not talking about Chelsea, City or United where there are many talented and competitive players, but we’re discussing whether a World Cup calibre player like Jahanbakhsh should start over mostly Championship-esque players. For me, it is a no brainer that Jahanbakhsh would at least come off the bench. He won the golden boot in the Dutch league, he certainly has some abilities. He played against much better opponents (Ajax, PSV, Lyon) than someone like Alzate. Most coaches go for experience, but Potter seems to not rate JB at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Apart from the fact that what you are stating is true, I think it is sad and “unjustified” that a player with a resume like Jahanbakhsh has yet to see a single minute of game time for a relegation side in the Premier League. We are not talking about Chelsea, City or United where there are many talented and competitive players, but we’re discussing whether a World Cup calibre player like Jahanbakhsh should start over mostly Championship-esque players. For me, it is a no brainer that Jahanbakhsh would at least come off the bench. He won the golden boot in the Dutch league, he certainly has some abilities. He played against much better opponents (Ajax, PSV, Lyon) than someone like Alzate. Most coaches go for experience, but Potter seems to not rate JB at all.
                              I definitely think yesterday he should have come on, Bong coming on for Bissouma at half time was not the right call. He could have moved Mooy into his more natural position and put ARJ where Mooy was playing and it would have worked better.
                              Look I have a lot of respect for Potter and what he did at Ostersunds but I don’t understand this starting with four, sometimes five central midfielders and paying them out of position.

Comment

I don't understand why people still come and debate about JB and follow Brighton. It is a lost case. he should have left this summer.

BHA is not a good fit for him, and the guy is remaining in this sh1thole because of his hope of playing in the EPL against Chelsea, Arsenal and co.

Comment

Working...
                                X