Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    Personally i dont think arj is a quality player at all
    Say it again. We didn't hear the first two times.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      Personally i dont think arj is a quality player at all
      He has massively underperformed for both Brighton as well as Iran's national team. The only reason why people still rate him highly is because he became top scorer in the Eredivisie. But what happened to Vincent Janssen, another top scorer from the Netherlands who went to EPL, will happen to Jahanbakhsh as well: failure. It was clear from the start that ARJ couldn't handle the high tempo of the Premier League, lacks essential technical qualities to succeed in the most competitive competition in the world and hasn't really made any improvements till now to beg otherwise.

The Dutch league perfectly suited his play, especially because he was part of a team that liked to play offensive football. I understand that he wanted to play in a more demanding and qualitative competition, and I'm guessing the pay raise that accompanied his move to Brighton helped as well, but I think it will be smart if ARJ increasingly thinks about his post-Brighton future.

Comment

Classy post by BHAFC

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
          Say it again. We didn't hear the first two times.
          First two times were deleted for being to honest. Consider yourself lucky for getting to hear my opinion twice
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

the thing is, even though arj has been invisible in every prem league game he's played in, i'd give him the chance to go out and show what he can do this season. the fact that his coach doesnt have this mentality is somewhat alarming, why is the guy not playing? if he is just a bust then I agree, he should just go back to eredivise and try to recapture what made him good

Comment

Regardless of what happens after this season he took a risk and left something that was comfortable in chances of achieving something greater, something us Persians are scared of doing. He gave up being a big fish in a "lake," to start as a small fish in an ocean. Scouts saw something in him that we may fail to see, and we're on the keyboards while the scouts are getting paid to do what they do for a reason. All we can and should do is hope for the best as opposed to talking down on him.

Comment

I'd really like Persus' opinion right now. Also I'm a little surprised that Locadia is a starter and ARJ isn't even on the bench.

Comment

saw the first half of the game only .... as others mentioned, he was clearly a victim of the Pothead's adapted formation..! 3-4-3 that looked more like a 3-4-2-1 to me than 3-4-1-2..!
                  some here say that Potter likes to change his preferred formation and tactics frequently...!!? i dont know about all that...? but lets all hope so for sake of ARJ being afforded a reasonable chance in order to have a more significant impact this season as opposed to last...!
                  Ali is certainly more comfortable and most competent playing out wide in a more classic wingNcrossing team..!
                  i dont see him being able to force himself into a Striker position at all and probably he'd struggle in an AM position in this league too..?trying to get in pecking order ahead of Gross, Proper, bissuma, Trossard? is gonna be a tall order..!!
                  he could probably play one of the WingBacks roles and has the overall superior quality to unseat Locadia (in what seemed to me a more free attacking role..!?)
                  regardless of the impressive away result, BHA looked awful vulnerable when they were pressed high up the pitch, and a more composed and clinical opponent coulda well dispose of them early on, and rather easily with multiple goals...!

i know he is a resilient, hard working and committed chap, and he wants to stay to prove himself at BHA/EPL...!! yet it would wise from him to give more serious thoughts to a loan or a transfer to another semi-decent EU club in a league/team that he is better suited to, before the window closes on that opportunity..!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                    I'd really like Persus' opinion right now. Also I'm a little surprised that Locadia is a starter and ARJ isn't even on the bench.
                    oh yes the great perseus who had his own brighton fans forum out him as a retard and troll is such a footballing expert that his opinion is needed here and now.
                    Please.

Comment

His Agents and him should sit together with Potter asap to understand whether Potter plans with ARJ or not. If not they should push strong for a transfer or loan. Although the transfer window is shut in England teams can still sell players. German transfer window is still open until 2nd Sep. Bundesliga would be the best league for ARJ!!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Ideal move would be to see if he’s at all in Potters plans. If not, he should request a loan to one of the interested bundesliga teams and try to tear things up there. Werghorst found success and they were teammates at AZ, surely it wouldn’t be a big adjustment for Alireza. Once he makes an impression there, he could either stay put or try to get a transfer to a better EPL team and GTFO of Brighton.

Comment

He doesn't have a decent agent. That is the biggest concern regarding our players. After a while that we have a player with a right attitude and work ethic, his agent is the concern.
                          He should change his agent, pay more and go after a decent one.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                            Why would you want the opinion of a troll?
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

ARJ should use this as motivation. There is no racism and no excuses here. Brighton want to win. If Jahanbakhsh improves their chances he will play.

With that said the moderators should ban all members that say racist things. There is no need for warnings. This has been going on way too long and moderators have been way to calm about it.

Comment

Overall impression after the first test 2-1 v Valencia that nothing much has changed. Although Duffy will continue to be an unwelcome aerial threat to the opposition.

As expected, Potter plays a more eye pleasant possession game, but also as expected just as defensive. 5-4-1 at Watford was over cautious and notionally even more defensive than CH. Potter seems more flexible and less rigid which will suit certain players which were inhibited under the CH regime. Other players it will not suit. but overall for the better. Watford were terrible and they were at the Amex last season 0-0. This time we had own main creater Pascal Groß fully fit and he was on the ball for the first goal. Davy Pröpper blew hot and cold last season and it looks like he will play better under Potter. Finishing was superb against Watford. Still bottom of the table for shots per game though. Overall, the Albion played out of the Watford press much better than expected, through technique and hard work. This was the important bit.

I'm not in favour of the two wing-back system or the two winger system. I prefer a one winger system which can be 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. We did not need to get forward on the wing against Watford. In the Premier League, nothing happens over night. I anticipate the pressing sides will not do so well this season as the opposition gets them chasing shadows. The top six will still outpass the rest.

With Alireza Jahanbakhsh and all the new players it will be a question of how well they adapt to the faster pace of the Premier League, mainly against the pressing, which requires close ball technique and quick thinking. All last season it went wrong as we tried to compete with counter pressing and we weren't very good at it. My view is that we have to pass our way out of it. We passed our first test against Watford who are a pressing team. West Ham and Southampton are not, so that will be a different test. I expect changes vs West Ham. Wing-backs tend to push forward too much leaving gaps at the back.

Five at the back allowed Dunk to dribble out of defence and produce one of his perfect long passes which he hasn't done since the Poyet days. Ball posession was improved but this was all in our own half. This is slower than CH's long passing game but could stop the midfield getting overrun.

Comment

Working...
                                X