Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
    You’re entitled to your opinion, but when you try to discredit my original post by saying I must not have watched much football so I don’t understand you look a bit foolish back tracking and getting butthurt when I just point out that I am much more involved in football than you probably are.

I didn’t lie, I clearly stated I only remember one but I might have missed them. Football interviews are of very little interest to me because they’re the same boring string of cliches in a different order every week. I don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Potters interviews for the same reason I haven’t memorised the local bus timetable.

Wait, you actually want a professional manager to come out and say “we don’t use a right winger often but he’s really good, honest?” Yep, FIFA manager syndrome in full effect here. “If I say nice things in the press conference it’ll boost his morale to good”

I’ve said on this thread I don’t rate March as a winger, however he’s started 11 times this season, he’s not first choice either and almost of those games have been when he’s been used in a relatively defensive role. Now you can do your armchair review of him, but watching a game on TB gives you an incredibly limited view of the game, if you’ve been to a match live then I’m sure you’ll agree. So whilst March is useless going forward he is very good at tracking back, doing the dirty work & supporting his fullback etc. Do I think he needs replacing? Yes. Do I think ARJ is better technically? Yes. Do I think March is better suited to some games? Also yes. When you’re watching the game on TV you only see what is happening around the ball, you don’t see the covering runs or the pressing. You are allowed to think that things are partly good and partly bad, it’s not a binary option.

Your last post is weird. What Potter achieved in Sweden is impressive coaching whether you like him or not. And yeah, our team mostly sucks if you compare it to Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City but we’re not a big club so our expectations aren’t as high as theirs. I’d look like a bit of a dick if I took the piss out of the Iran national team for being shit compared to England, but that is extensively what you’re doing with Brighton. Who do you support?
    Your entire post at this point is a mixture of hogwash/backtracking. You have expanded your point further and further to the point most here don’t seem to be sure what your point is anymore. I don’t know that you do either, it has transformed a few times.

Your point was that the comments were to avoid tanking Ali’s value in the event of a sale. I said that his comments coupled with his actions actually did more to tank Ali’s value. An explanation for why a player isn’t being used tactically is better than bullshit rhetoric. Many managers have done it for players that don’t fit their plan. What positive has Potter accomplished with this non-FIFA excellent professional manager communications regarding Ali. This is 4D chess that nobody can comprehend, not even you it seems.

You reference how things go in fifa a lot, you must be a big fan. I haven’t seen anything similar to my suggestion in a fifa game, I have seen Potter’s cookie cutter bullshit comments in almost every fifa game lol, so maybe you’ve got things a little flipped.

He’s a pretend EPL manager, he’ll be exposed as such soon. I’ll give it to you that you with your footballing resume could probably match his resume in a couple of years. He hasn’t done anything extraordinary. Seems like he has Arsenal’s number in some regard, but otherwise, what has he done remarkably?

Comment

Ahem.....

Best finish in the Swedish top tier. 5th
      Best and only finish the. The English second tier. 10th
      Best and only finish in the English top tier.....15th

Vow what a successful coach!!!! GhaleNoi is a more successful coach.

By the way moving from 17th place (last year) to 15th place cost more than 50 mil. Yes, genius alright!
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I do support Brighton mainly because my dad lived there during his early years and I love the logo and stadium they currently have but they’ve mistreated ARJ and Potter is to blame for that. They need to sell ARJ immediately and get money to invest elsewhere because I do think BHA is a strong relegation possible team next year especially with Leeds coming in with strong pockets ready to stay in EPL.

Comment

Did BHFAC go to sleep??? I can't live without his eight paragraph ramblings... Please BHFAC, post something the moment you wake up!!!!

BTW, I think it is more likely that Jahanbakhsh would stay in Brighton than leave... Strange year for transfers and getting paid well at Brighton makes it unlikely to find a suitable situation where he can leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            Did BHFAC go to sleep??? I can't live without his eight paragraph ramblings... Please BHFAC, post something the moment you wake up!!!!

BTW, I think it is more likely that Jahanbakhsh would stay in Brighton than leave... Strange year for transfers and getting paid well at Brighton makes it unlikely to find a suitable situation where he can leave.
            this
            the drama has just begun ...!! this is gonna become even more frustrating thread to click on to ..!
            i crossing my figures a decent loan option presents itself for ali sooner than later..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
              I’d look like a bit of a dick if I took the piss out of the Iran national team for being shit compared to England, but that is extensively what you’re doing with Brighton. Who do you support?
              you are actually saying (while pretending not saying) Iran NT is shit compared to England NT. England is shit period and would struggle against Iran. England is definitely not better than Spain, Portugal or even Morocco.
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Those saying England NT is bad don’t watch football. England currently has some of the best youth players in the world and are definitely going to be contenders in Euros and WC coming up. This current group of players are much different than years past. Players like Sancho, Bellingham, Greenwood, Rashford, Foden are legit.

Comment

Maybe somebody should change the thread title to PFDC vs. BHAFC

What it basically comes down to is that most people here are Iranians and obviously want the best for Alireza as he's one of our best players. What we don't want is that he's being benched for what feels like 'personal' reasons.

On the other hand you have BHAFC supports who are mostly not Iranian. All they cheer for is that their clubs doesn't relegate and plays attractive football. I highly doubt any BHAFC supporter dreams of them getting a CL or EL spot.
                  Obviously their feelings will get hurt reading how shit their club is, how they are clueless and somewhat racist etc. Also probably they are not going to complain about a coach who has helped them staying up at the PL (pretty sure realistically this is all they cheer for).

I think people are not BS'ing if they say that JB has the ability to play at PL level, or at the very least he has the ability to be more involved than what he is right now. I also think that BHAFC supporters have the right to support their coach's idea of what is best for them if he's helping them achieve their goals (again it's not Newcastle or Everton we are talking about).

What makes sense is for both sides not to get in discussion with each other (JB vs. Potter) and try to end this relationship asap, which would mean that JB should look for a new club asap. Sometimes two people just can't work together for whatever reason and this clearly the case with JB and Potter.

JB still has time to have a good carrier, so no harm done (lots of money earned instead), just get out asap. Me (Iranian fan) wish BHAFC lots of success in their fight against relegation the coming years. I just hope our star players never have to end up at clubs that fight against relegation and rather go to clubs that have somewhat more allure.

Let's end this thing with this and get on with our lives. I rather not read 400 pages of BHAFC related stuff if no Iranian plays a role in it and I don't think any other Iranian football fan should either. BHAFC is just not interesting enough for an outsider to talk about and let's face it, we are an outsider as JB has no role in this club and hopefully will leave ASAP.

Comment

lolll this is so entertaining to watch

Comment

Kheili vaght nazarin rooye bahs kardan ba yek tarafdaare Brighton.

JB yek bazikon va ENSAANE baahooshie ke pish az aghaaze in fasl nemidonest ke Potter injoori bahaash khaahad raftar kard.

Amma alan midone ke dar barnameye morrabbi nist va man motmaenam ke behtar raahe hal raa baraye khodesh peyda mikone.

Dar zemn, Solly March be ghooze paaye Ali-Reza ham nemirese.

Man hanooz fekr mikonam shayad be tore gharzi bere yek teame PL.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        Those saying England NT is bad don’t watch football. England currently has some of the best youth players in the world and are definitely going to be contenders in Euros and WC coming up. This current group of players are much different than years past. Players like Sancho, Bellingham, Greenwood, Rashford, Foden are legit.
                        Let’s be honest. I don’t watch English youth teams and have no intention of doin so.

But their senior team lost to a bunch of mostly amateurs, coached by a dentist at the last Euros.

In general if it was not for foreign coaches and players, EPL would suck and would be hardly distinguishable from Rugby games.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                          Let’s be honest. I don’t watch English youth teams and have no intention of doin so.

But their senior team lost to a bunch of mostly amateurs, coached by a dentist at the last Euros.

In general if it was not for foreign coaches and players, EPL would suck and would be hardly distinguishable from Rugby games.
                          Last I checked, they finished 4th at the last World Cup... I wouldn't call losing to Croatia in extra time "losing to amateurs"
                          If you want to look at the Euros, that was 4 years ago. A lot changes in that span.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                            Kheili vaght nazarin rooye bahs kardan ba yek tarafdaare Brighton.

JB yek bazikon va ENSAANE baahooshie ke pish az aghaaze in fasl nemidonest ke Potter injoori bahaash khaahad raftar kard.

Amma alan midone ke dar barnameye morrabbi nist va man motmaenam ke behtar raahe hal raa baraye khodesh peyda mikone.

Dar zemn, Solly March be ghooze paaye Ali-Reza ham nemirese.

Man hanooz fekr mikonam shayad be tore gharzi bere yek teame PL.
                            As much I'd like to see him stay in the PL even on a loan, I'm not sure which team could take him at 50k a week.
                            The only teams who's system he could fit in, and would have the money are Villa and Everton, but that's if they sell Grealish and Walcott.

Anywhere else, he's either too pricey, or he would be a bench player.
                            Last edited by The; 07-27-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

spot on!
                              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic
                              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                                Last I checked, they finished 4th at the last World Cup... I wouldn't call losing to Croatia in extra time "losing to amateurs"
                                If you want to look at the Euros, that was 4 years ago. A lot changes in that span.
                                I was speaking about Iceland, not Croatia.

But in general, English Soccer hype (generated mostly by the English themselves) is much bigger than their results. Kind of like Potter. Every Euro and WC they come in thinking and announcing that this is the year they will win.....well we know the last time they won.

p.s. If it was not for the referee buckling under spectator pressure, they probably would not have won back in 1966 either.

Comment

Working...
                                X