Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    In all fairness if u look at goals scored per solar eclipse and number of passes when the moon was full, and possession when losing by 5 goals, and more importantly points divided by football IQ......

Then you will understand what a brilliant coach he is.

Comment

I'd like to apologize to all Brighton & Hove Albion fans on the PFDC forum.

I haven't been kind towards the club Brighton, while the topics were related to Alireza Jahanbakhsh. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings for putting down your club.

I do not hate nor promote anyone on here to hate the football club, Brighton & Hove Albion. This is one of the oldest clubs in England (over 110 years old) and they have one of the most passionate and loyal fans in the EPL.

So if you are a fan and you read my subtle and not so subtle jabs at Brighton, believe me when I say the jabs are not at the fans or at the FC. It's culminated frustration and disappointment for a year, and mainly directed at your manager Graham Potter.

I also don't want anyone here to wish ill will or spread hatred towards anybody on this forum. Even for Graham Potter. When I bash him it's mainly trolling and venting the situation that exists.

That being said, as fans and as football fans of our country's football, many of us have followed this league and many years of football (some of us on here are over 30 and 40 and have played football as well). And as fans we have the right to express our frustrations and disapproval when we see something that clearly looks off. And by that I mean for example, Ali's situation at Brighton.

Graham Potter can pick and choose whoever he wants to pick to play on match day. At the end of the day, it's the manager's job to prepare his team and field the best 11 players. However, when football fans (not saying all fans) argue their point against Potter, by using critical thinking and sharing their viewpoints in a logical manner, 2 and 2 do not add up with Graham Potter.

If he didn't want to play Alireza, that was fine. But why laugh at our faces with what he says about Jahanbakhsh in his pre and post-match conferences. As if everything is honky dory and make it seem as though the most expensive player on his roster is a regular when he is NOT. Because believe it or not, words and verbiage is important. If Potter wasn't going to play Ali, why not make a suggestion to his boss (the owner of the club) and transfer Ali elsewhere out on loan. Or sell him in the winter window?

Ali choosing to stay is his fault, I agree with this argument and I get that. His agent is also at fault for not doing better research before Ali chose Brighton after AZ.

But when you have a coach who is clearly in dire straits, confused and inconsistent with how and who he chooses to field on game day, it also makes us fans question whether or not he knows what he's doing. It begs the question that there may be other pieces at play preventing Alireza from playing. And I'm not talking about when there are 3 matches and he's got to rest a few for the next weekend game. I'm talking about the inconsistency in Potter's managerial decisions. The last thing an educated fan wants is for his or her intelligence to be insulted. Especially when week after week, the words of the head coach do not match his actions.

Comment

Brighton's just not a very good team. Potter isn't as bad of a manager as a lot of people claim. He's not a great manager but he's definitely improved this Brighton team albeit very slightly. But for a bottom level team like Brighton, even going from 17th to 15th place is a victory. Let's not forget, a lot of Brighton fans actually hoped for relegation so they could have more "fun" in the 2nd division

I think it's clear ARJ made the wrong choice going to Brighton. Too much loyalty in a club is a bad thing. Brighton had been following ARJ since his NEC days and ARJ wanted to repay them for their long-term loyalty... Not to mention Brighton probably offered him a very solid contract and guaranteed playing time (which is ironic).

Really hope we see ARJ on a team that appreciates his abilities and we can see our boy shine bright again soon!

Comment

Yes, ARJ was "loyal" to BHA to a fault. It was also his sense of loyalty to CH, who was critical in recruiting him. Then BHA dumped CH for Potter and here we are. I wish ARJ the best. The right team/coach chemistry can do wonders for a player (examples: Sardar, Kaveh, Taremi).

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
            I'd like to apologize to all Brighton & Hove Albion fans on the PFDC forum.
            Why do you need to apologize. We did not insult the fans, except the ones who think (or pretend) he is the second coming of Jesus and try to justify Potter's poor results by referring to meaningless statistics. We did not even insult those, just pointed out how absurd their arguments are.

All we did was point to the piss poor results that BHA had this season. And to the fact that Potter has been a failure just about everywhere he went, except Swedish 2nd and 3rd division. Actually I admire the fact that for a coach with his poor track record, he managed to secure a long-term contract at BHA. Pretty impressive.

Numbers (in this case points earned and place finished) speak for themselves.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I mean its clear that a lot of people have throughout the season been looking at BHA from a biased lense
              What shouldn't be forgotten is that people on PFDC just want ARJ's success, and at the moment the situation in BHA is a direct impediment to that. I personally thought and still think that he can be very productive under Potter's system however for whatever reason the coach does not rate him, and I would argue that it is unjustified.
              But, looking at Brighton's performance, I would feel more optimistic about that team in the coming seasons than I would have under Hughton. Hughton played very negative football, lacked creativity in how he set up the team, and failed to provide much motivation and inspiration for a lot of the players. Potter has many flaws himself--I think he tinkers with the lineups FAR too much, plays players in very odd positions at times, is not very charismatic. He sets up his defense the same way top teams would but he neglects the fact that his midfield and back line lack the same world class quality that makes other systems work. Hence why they so often looked shaky at the back. However it wasn't as horrid as watford/bournemouth/villa/norwich (70GA???) and thus it saved them another season in the PL. His positives, however, shouldn't be overlooked. The team clearly bought into his new system. Their buildup play is more measured now and easy on the eye. He's made use of some bright young talent such as Lamptey and Alzate. With their currently ingredients I don't see them being a mid level team but if they manage to strengthen their central midfield with an actual top level player, they could be pushing for 11th/10th/9th place area.

Comment

^^^

So to summarize your post, he did not have the acumen to understand the limitations of his squad and tried to play Barcelona style using a bunch of kick and run players. Is that not definition of a bad coach?

At least CH knew what he had to work with. CH also promoted a very poor BHA into the EPL. Something that Potter tried at Swansea, but failed royally and finished the championship in 10th place.

I agree that with or without JB, the results would not have been that different. But there is something very curious about a coach who is not getting results, then puts in a player that produces something in the few times he is used, and promptly forgets that player existed or is in his squad. Very curious....
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

"Do Graham Potter's latest comments signal the end for Alireza Jahanbakhsh at Brighton?

One of the many difficult transfer decisions for Brighton and Hove Albion to make this summer is the future of Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

Jahanbakhsh, 26, has started just three times from his nine appearances in the Premier League under Graham Potter and didn't once complete a full 90 minutes.

He scored in his first start against Bournemouth last December and also netted a memorable overhead kick when he came off the bench in the following match against Chelsea.

It didn't however result in a sustained run in the team for a player who joined Brighton for £17m in 2018 from AZ Alkmaar and is contracted until June 2023.

His other two outings in the starting XI were during the 3-1 loss at Bournemouth and the 1-0 defeat at Everton.

He failed to make the Premier League match day squad entirely on 19 separate occasions this season and his only run out since the restart was for the final 20 minutes during the 5-0 home loss against Man City.

Jahanbakhsh scored 34 goals from 79 appearances at his previous club AZ Alkmaar and reports from Holland suggest Ajax want to bring the Albion man back to the Eredivisie as a replacement for Chelsea-bound Hakim Ziyech.

In 2017/18 he was the leading goal scorer in the Dutch top-flight with 21 goals and finished joint third with 12 assists. Jahanbakhsh is the first Asian player ever to finish top goalscorer in a top level European league.

Ajax team director of football and former Arsenal winger Marc Overmars has apparently been in contact with the player but it’s unclear how much Ajax would have to pay Brighton for his services.

"He'll be frustrated of course because he wants to play and I understand that," said Albion head coach Potter. "He's been great around the club, great with me, he gives his best all the time but he's like any footballer - they want to play more.

"So it's something we have to think about over the break and do what's right for him and the club.

"But he's a good player and he can help us. But again you can understand it from his perspective that he wants to play more regularly than he has.""

https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...ighton-2922502

Comment

^same ol cunt-like, bs contradictory Comments from goozoo pothead ..!
                    If u don’t rate him, then let him transfer out & better expect a significant lo$$ ..!
                    I can’t wait for Ali to leave this fking club.

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                      [B]

"So it's something we have to think about over the break and do what's right for him and the club.

"But he's a good player and he can help us. But again you can understand it from his perspective that he wants to play more regularly than he has.""
                      These quotes are eye-gougingly asinine. The only f'ing thing that's keeping the club from doing "what's right for him" and "helping the team" and "playing more" is the author of the quote. How the HELL is AJR going to help the team if he's not even on the bench? He doesn't even point to a single legitimate reason why ARJ hasn't played regularly this year. He's always praising him, yet doesn't play him. F'ing Potter.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken, Jahanbakhsh's two goals in the premier league have earned FC Brighton four points (in the limited playing time he got), without him they would have been tied with Aston Villa for the relegation spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          If i'm not mistaken, Jahanbakhsh's two goals in the premier league have earned FC Brighton four points (in the limited playing time he got), without him they would have been tied with Aston Villa for the relegation spot.
                          not to mention the assist to a watford owngoal

Comment

EPL's top 10 goals of this season

ARJ's stunner is #3, only to Son's pitch-long run and Salah's stellar give-and-go.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/son-sol...110054961.html

Comment

Seriously im more angry at Jahanbakhsh than Potter, leave right now and find a new club !!! Brighton didnt work out so move on, and even if Jahanbakhsh becomes regular, wtf is brighton ? Watching their games is like watching an ipl game

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                                Seriously im more angry at Jahanbakhsh than Potter, leave right now and find a new club !!! Brighton didnt work out so move on, and even if Jahanbakhsh becomes regular, wtf is brighton ? Watching their games is like watching an ipl game
                                Its not like he can walk out of Brighton and walk into any club he wants. New club, Brighton and Jahanbakhsh all have to agree to the terms... Given his current 2.5m annual salary, and given the covid-19 induced financial trouble of most clubs, best we can hope for is a one year loan where the new club pays 1.5m for one year, Brighton pays ARJ 500K and ARJ forgoes 500K... will be interesting to see...

Comment

Working...
                                X