Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    Akhe kodoom ahmaghi chooses a team like Brighton for their move to England?

A team with no history, i didn't even know them til 5yrs ago. It was a dumb move on all parties.

What was the best outcome he expected?
    Theyre not a team to make UCL or EL.
    Did he think he was going to come and make a name for himself at this club

Its clear it was a decision made based on money and nothing else. This is the result of wrong choices in life. Now he has to live with it.

Realistically i can only see him going back to Holland with a massive pay cut. No other team will pick him up
    EKBATAN if ARJ had chosen Chelsea:
    Akhe kodoom ahmaghi chooses a team like Chelsea for their move to England?

A team full of stars and playing for the league and CL every year, no wonder he didn't get any chance to play. A dump move for all parties.

Aziz you can turn it any way

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      Akhe kodoom ahmaghi chooses a team like Brighton for their move to England?

A team with no history, i didn't even know them til 5yrs ago. It was a dumb move on all parties.

What was the best outcome he expected?
      Theyre not a team to make UCL or EL.
      Did he think he was going to come and make a name for himself at this club

Its clear it was a decision made based on money and nothing else. This is the result of wrong choices in life. Now he has to live with it.

Realistically i can only see him going back to Holland with a massive pay cut. No other team will pick him up
      disgusting really. ARJ is a role model for me and yet some people dare to call him names and decide what should have been better for him?
      Get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
        EKBATAN if ARJ had chosen Chelsea:
        Akhe kodoom ahmaghi chooses a team like Chelsea for their move to England?

A team full of stars and playing for the league and CL every year, no wonder he didn't get any chance to play. A dump move for all parties.

Aziz you can turn it any way

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
        He was never pursued by Chelsea.....
        But he WAS pursued by Leceister. Way beyond my understanding why he still chose Brighton. If he had chosen Leceister, he definitely would have had a playing chance. Leceister will be in CL next year.

I think Quieroz supported the wrong decision too as I remember he gave his blessing. I was one of the few people really disappointed when the Brighton signing was announced.

Comment

Are our prayers finally answered this evening? 🤞

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bri...-2910485%3famp

Only seeing is believing!
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
            Are our prayers finally answered this evening? 🤞

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bri...-2910485%3famp

Only seeing is believing!
            I'll get my popcorn for JB vs Kyle Walker, Part II.

Comment

I'm calling a Jahanbahksh brace if he starts

Comment

Omidvaaram Guardiola bezane dahane Potter raa saaf kone.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  A league where teams like Leeds, Nottingham Forest etc have found it difficult to get out of, yes it is a hard league. Look at Stoke and Huddersfield this season, look at Sunderland last season. A league where Wolves got relegated from not long ago, you could go on.
                  Yes it is usually for Premier League teams to lose players when they relegate which is why they find it hard to adjust to the Championship with players of a lesser calibre.
                  As I said I am not saying he is an amazing manager but that for the team they are he is doing a good job. We are not talking about him taking over at a mid table team but a lower table one. Hughton did a great job to take Brighton out of there and into the Premier League and to keep them up was an achievement in itself. The club brought in a new Technical Director who has done well with youth set ups in the past ie the job he did at West Brom which has been shown with where the young players they are now bringing through and where they have been sold to(Louie Barry going to Barcelona and then on to Aston Villa for example). It is why we are seeing a reliance on Connoly at the moment and also the purchase of Lamptey from Chelsea. It seems as if this the way they want the club to move forward and they see Potter as being the right man as that is what he did that season in Swansea he brought through the younger players to take over from those they sent out on loan or sold, ie Dan James and look where he has gone on to.
                  You're absolutely correct in all of your reasoning but I feel you're wasting your time trying to explain it. Too many people on here are unable to objectively assess teams, fans, players and coaches in situations where our players are not successful.

It's a shame ARJ's Brighton career hasn't worked out and is effectively over while Potter remains in charge. We all wanted to see ARJ be a success in the Premier League but I don't think there's anyone can make a compelling case to say he still has a future at the club, especially not while Potter is in charge which will probably be for at least another season. That being said, this anti-Potter sentiment is just sour grapes and from those who seem to struggle to comprehend their performance in terms of the rest of the league or just modern day football in general.

Potter's stock is high as his managerial ability is unquestionably promising.
                  - He took Ostersunds from Swedish 4th Division to 1st Division and Europa league.
                  - At Swansea last season, he inherited a club in a dire financial position after relegation from the PL and a fire sale of all of their best players to a respectable mid table finish with a pretty young squad.
                  - At Brighton this season, he has eclipsed Hughton's two PL seasons with Brighton both in attacking and defensive statistics, as per the below table.

brighton.jpg

Pretty easy to comprehend looking at this that in 17/18 and 18/19 their actual stats generally balanced out to expected performance stats - as most teams do in a 38 game season - but it's not been the case for Brighton this season. You can also understand why their owner sacked Hughton last year and why he, like most people in footballing circles, rates Potter.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                    [ATTACH]18695[/ATTACH]
                    What do xG, xGA and xPts mean?

Comment

Guys don't get your hopes up. Its improbable that with 4 games remaining, Potter is going to randomly play AJ against a superior team, when there are no injuries.

If there are any changes from the last game, it's probably Bissouma and/or Mooy starting.

Comment

"[Conspiracy theory]:
                        Guardiola and Potter seem to like each other a lot! They publicly praise each other. Maybe they are both bi and are seeing each other behind the scenes. If this very unlikely presumption is true then the next presumption is more true. As things are Ali has dropped his value due to not playing and BHA needs to up his value so when they sell him this summer they won't suffer a great loss. So if Ali is included in the team and plays these two gay/bi lovers have fixed it so he can score a couple of goals. [End of Conspiracy theory]"
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I am pretty sure that JB is going to be in the starting line-up tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                            "[Conspiracy theory]:
                            Guardiola and Potter seem to like each other a lot! They publicly praise each other. Maybe they are both bi and are seeing each other behind the scenes. If this very unlikely presumption is true then the next presumption is more true. As things are Ali has dropped his value due to not playing and BHA needs to up his value so when they sell him this summer they won't suffer a great loss. So if Ali is included in the team and plays these two gay/bi lovers have fixed it so he can score a couple of goals. [End of Conspiracy theory]"
                            keep your conspiracy theories to yourself pal

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                              You're absolutely correct in all of your reasoning but I feel you're wasting your time trying to explain it. Too many people on here are unable to objectively assess teams, fans, players and coaches in situations where our players are not successful.
                              It's a shame ARJ's Brighton career hasn't worked out and is effectively over while Potter remains in charge. We all wanted to see ARJ be a success in the Premier League but I don't think there's anyone can make a compelling case to say he still has a future at the club, especially not while Potter is in charge which will probably be for at least another season. That being said, this anti-Potter sentiment is just sour grapes and from those who seem to struggle to comprehend their performance in terms of the rest of the league or just modern day football in general.
                              Potter's stock is high as his managerial ability is unquestionably promising.
                              - He took Ostersunds from Swedish 4th Division to 1st Division and Europa league.
                              - At Swansea last season, he inherited a club in a dire financial position after relegation from the PL and a fire sale of all of their best players to a respectable mid table finish with a pretty young squad.
                              - At Brighton this season, he has eclipsed Hughton's two PL seasons with Brighton both in attacking and defensive statistics, as per the below table.
                              [ATTACH]18695[/ATTACH]
                              Pretty easy to comprehend looking at this that in 17/18 and 18/19 their actual stats generally balanced out to expected performance stats - as most teams do in a 38 game season - but it's not been the case for Brighton this season. You can also understand why their owner sacked Hughton last year and why he, like most people in footballing circles, rates Potter.
                              As I said it is fascinating the length you all go to explain away his piss poor results. If he had actually achieved something, you did not need 5 paragraphs to explain. All you had to do was write a couple of lines about what he achieved.

The best he finished in the Swedish top league was a 5th and 8th. The best he did in the championship was 10th. His results this year are barely better than last year.
                              At least wait until he achieves something before singing his praises!!!

You know in football, results matter. It’s not a fashion show where u get points for style or promise.
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                                What do xG, xGA and xPts mean?
                                xG = expected goals
                                xGA= expected goals against
                                xPts = expected points

Essentially they serve as metrics for performance analysis. Particularly handy model of averages across an entire season to offset the randomness of a 90 minute football match.

Lots of good articles to Google explaining it further and resources for these stats or you can just watch this for a simplistic explanation.

https://youtu.be/w7zPZsLGK18

Comment

Working...
                                X