Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
    Just watched the post game press conference with Potter and I would say 75% of the 8 minutes was about AJ. He was full of praise, he said he wants him to stay. He also laid out the reasons why he didn’t give Ali playing time. He said he thought Ali was putting too much pressure on himself to justify the price tag so he would get nervous. He did say that he has qualities that other players

He said he was inclined to start him but was worried lack of game time and two games back to back could be too heavy for Ali.

Yes GP is the common English know it all and a bit full of himself but I don’t think he is the monster that people try to make him out to be.

Graham was full of fluff talk about ARJ before. Talk is cheap. Play him more. Till then, he seems disingenuous in my book.

Comment

Best time to get the f**k out of this club.

Comment

JB dar barnameye Potter aslan nabood. Chon agar bood migoft dar liste 18 nafar nist bekhatere forme fisiki, ke hich vaght nagoft.

Hala ke March va Izquierdo nistand va team daasht kam emtiyaaz migereft va KHEILI baazi dar Xmas dashtand majboor shod JB raa baazi bede va derakhshid.

Khode Potter ham nemidone dorost che chizi bege dar baraye amalkarde JB chon neshoon daade ke bardashte ghalati karde, va ye mosht bahaane migire.

Be har haal, hamon ke gofte shod, agar betone bere, che behtar.

Dar zemn Gazzetta dello Sport yek maghaaleye toolaani chap kard dar bareye JB.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Premi...65544139.shtml
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

In ham barnameye BBC MOTD:

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/01/02/124376/
          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Looking at the goals and assists stats of the other offensive players, apart from Maupay, you really have to question what Potter was thinking to not even include Jahanbakhsh in his matchday squads. It's almost criminal to do that while you have a bunch of players unable to score more than 1 or 2 goals in 15-20 appearances.

Comment

BBC report

Jahanbakhsh became the fifth different Brighton player to score a Premier League goal as a substitute this season, more than any other side in the competition.
              Despite only coming on as a 68th-minute substitute, no Brighton player had more shots (three) or created more chances (three) than goalscorer Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                oh come off it buddy.

We are trying to explain how this player who was excellent in previous match (by BRIGHTON FAN accounts, not ours) and scored this worldie today and should have gotten an assist as well had fan favorite maupay scored the perfect chance he created, could have been out of 18 for alllllll these matches...

HOW ? I am yet to hear ONE even close to convincing argument. The competition playing better is just clearly completely false.

- Trossard has scored 2 goals in all these games. Now tied with aRJ. Although at least he has a better assists record with 4. He is a quality player and should be starting for sure.

- Conolly two goals one assists. Now tied with ARJ on goals in god knows how many more minutes. He is actually a talented kid who has a good amount of pace and decent finish, but creativity, technical ability, football IQ is miles behind ARJ.

-Pascal Gross. Was great two seasons ago. Horrible last season. This season 1 goal, 2 assists. Stats speak for themselves.

- Alzate has played wing at times, also Right back so his numbers are more understandable. But still, zero goals zero assists.

This is the collection of elite superstars that relegated ARJ to a place in the stands.

One explanation could be that his confidence was low, but that was literally the managements fault for banishing him to out of 18 after solid preseason, great attitude, etc. anyways his confidence was never gonna be recovered before he started scoring goals and participating on the pitch so that argument would be meaningless.

Injury we know cant be possible explanation, he has been completely fit all season except for around that Hong Kong match.

Brighton getting great results and Potter not wanting to disturb winning momentum cant be the reason either. Before his heroics in the last two matches they were 2 points off relegation. They still havent won back to back matches for 3 years...

Something doesnt add up. IF you cant see it, then maybe you should try again.
                The obvious answer; and it’s one that a lot of people on here like to completely ignore as an option, is that maybe ARJ just wasn’t performing in training? It’s something none of us know the answer too. However when a lot of people on here moan about how Brighton have handled the season they don’t even consider the fact that a head coach with an excellent track record throughout his career has watched these players every day and then came to what he thinks is the best decision.

Comment

they are looking from a striker from Amiens (Ghoddos' team)

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                    No. I said no such thing. Please do not make up stuff and attribute to me.

What happened to him is very simple. At the time he was a big but good purchase. However, by the end of last season and with the new coach, given his high wages, they thought they were not getting their money's worth. Since no other club would accept to pay his full wages at BHAFC to loan him or sell him, either he had to take a pay cut or BHAFC would have to continue part of his wages. This is not what they wanted to do and did their best to make him accept a pay cut. THEY FAILED.

Given his performance in the Dutch league, given his past history, Potter must have known that AJ has quality. It is not like overnight he found his form. He was always this good. But Potter chose a guy who had scored 3-4 goals in the 4th tier over the top scorer in the Dutch league.

No they did not try to ruin his career. Ruining his career (now hopefully stopped) was a byproduct of a coach/club that sacrifices a footballer's career to save a few bucks. This has happened to many other footballers and clubs. It happens in the corporate world all the time. But it still does not make it OK.
                    I’m genuinely trying to understand what you mean about the pay cut.

Can you try explaining it again, because right now it’s going over my head and sounds ridiculous, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I think the cross he gave was at least as beautiful as the goal, any video ?

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                        The obvious answer; and it’s one that a lot of people on here like to completely ignore as an option, is that maybe ARJ just wasn’t performing in training? It’s something none of us know the answer too. However when a lot of people on here moan about how Brighton have handled the season they don’t even consider the fact that a head coach with an excellent track record throughout his career has watched these players every day and then came to what he thinks is the best decision.
                        I think the answer is somewhere in between these two schools of thought.

ARJ's confidence has been low and as Potter has intimated he has been hard on himself and getting too nervous, but at the same time all the feedback from the club (and Potter himself) was that he has been training very well over the course of the season. In fact I'm yet to read a report about JB from throughout his career that says he isn't one of the best in training in terms of application and technique.

Potter has done well to change Brighton's style of football and looks like he isn't afraid to learn and change things, and I can see why people in his clubs get excited about his style of management. But he isn't the messiah and he makes mistakes the same as anyone else. I hope now he is getting to learn the best ways to use his players, and managing the ones (some of the club favourites) who just don't cut it at this level and manifestly don't fit into his way of playing football.

If he can get out of JB what he got out of his compatriot Ghoddos in his previous club, then we will see a player who gets you goals, assists, and more importantly contributes to the team as a whole

Comment

And that idiot Wilmots didnt eaven invite him to TM.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                            I’m genuinely trying to understand what you mean about the pay cut.

Can you try explaining it again, because right now it’s going over my head and sounds ridiculous, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
                            I don't know, somehow the story here is that if JB were to be loaned out, he had to take a pay cut. Which makes absolutely zero sense to me. Let's take PSV as an example that wanted to loan him. PSV can easily fork up 1 to 2 mln euros a year and I very much doubt that JB is making more right now. Let's say they only wanted to pay half of JB's salary.. why on earth would BHA refuse such a deal, to instead pay all his salary and make sure his market value decreases by the day?

On top of this, I have never heard of any player being loaned out that had to take a pay cut.

Why Potter didn't play JB earlier? Only God knows (and obviously Potter). Probably much had to do with his performance last year, nevertheless I don't think JB should try to crack that question and rather think of his own career. For his career joining PSV would have been a lot better and if his situation doesn't change much coming weeks, joining a similar club in January would also be a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              I’m waiting for some smartass to say it wasn’t intentional.
                              It wasn’t intentional

Comment

I don't understand the pay cut posts either. Where is this coming from?

JB has a contract and the club are obliged to fulfil the salary as per the contract details. If he goes out on loan, he still gets the same salary. Then the decision is who pays it: BHA, the loaning club, or some ratio between BHA and the other club. There is no pay cut.

There's a huge amount of misinformation on a thread, understandable when people are so emotionally charged by what has happened to one the nicest and most gifted representatives of Iranian sports.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X