Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
    This is ridiculous.

Why would Brighton deliberately try to ruin their 17 million pound transfer? Do you seriously think they bought Alireza Jahanbakhsh from AZ so that they could ruin his career? What would Brighton have against him?

Potter puts his best 11 (in his opinion) out there for every match. Unfortunately, he didn’t think Alireza was in his best 18. Now, Alireza is proving to him that he belongs in the team.

It’s not personal against JB, this is how football works.
    No. I said no such thing. Please do not make up stuff and attribute to me.

What happened to him is very simple. At the time he was a big but good purchase. However, by the end of last season and with the new coach, given his high wages, they thought they were not getting their money's worth. Since no other club would accept to pay his full wages at BHAFC to loan him or sell him, either he had to take a pay cut or BHAFC would have to continue part of his wages. This is not what they wanted to do and did their best to make him accept a pay cut. THEY FAILED.

Given his performance in the Dutch league, given his past history, Potter must have known that AJ has quality. It is not like overnight he found his form. He was always this good. But Potter chose a guy who had scored 3-4 goals in the 4th tier over the top scorer in the Dutch league.

No they did not try to ruin his career. Ruining his career (now hopefully stopped) was a byproduct of a coach/club that sacrifices a footballer's career to save a few bucks. This has happened to many other footballers and clubs. It happens in the corporate world all the time. But it still does not make it OK.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

He could win this award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premie..._of_the_Season

Comment

Make no mistake, he should do everything he can to leave this winter transfer window

He is getting hot at the perfect moment, he still wont get playing time and chances are he will lose this hot streak at some point. Its best for him to leave while he's making a name for himself.

I mean what is best he can do at Brighton? Barely scrape relegation or go far in FA cup? He will have much better time in Germany, Spain or Italy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            As happy as I am for AJ, these couple of outings does not change much of anything for me.

We always knew that he had quality. He was the top scorer in a league that is famous for producing quality forwards. He was purchased for a record signing fee.

Fact is that he was frozen out of the team, not due to technical issues. It was purely to force him out. I give him a lot of credit for toughing it out, refusing to throw in the towel and quit. We knew he was a professional and a fighter. He proved it again.

He was only given a chance because of the several games in a short period. Otherwise, he would not have been used in the Bournemouth game. Given his wonder goal today, it will be very difficult to exclude him again. And excluding him does not make any more sense, since it has diminishing returns for the club.

Come summer, he can leave on his own terms.

I don't give a crap whether Potter is a good or shitty coach. Fact is, they (Management and Potter) tried to ruin his career to save a few bucks and they failed. Now Potter is trying to pretend like it was part of a grand plan to motivate him. No it was NOT. He was forced into using him. And now it is clear for even BHAFC diehards that it was foolish to freeze him out like this. If anything, Potter is proved to be an idiot (or complicit with the management) for sitting on this talent.

Regardless of how the rest of the season goes, AJ has already won.
            Firstly I can understand your emotion for jahanbakhsh but watch the language used in your post as there's better words to use to express your thoughts.

Secondly, as I said previously and will say again, we don't know what has happened behind the scenes since potters appointment, so I don't understand how you're so confident that they tried to freeze him out to force him out and as a byproduct ruin his career. Freezing a player doesn't really save a club much money as they still have to pay the wages, they might save a couple hundred quid of extra bonuses which would be due to appearance bonus etc which is pennies considering the amount of money he's already being paid per week. Freezing a player out in such a manner doesn't do clubs a favour as they would lose value and like previously mentioned, a player hardly ever take a paycut when going out on loan, he'd only get a paycut if the club gets relegated or if he is sold and his new club's contract is less than his current contract, or if he wanted to mutually terminate his contract which is a far far stretch.

Like I said I can understand your frustration and emotions of seeing him out of action for so long for unknown reasons etc but I'd strongly advise against making rumours like that specially when it doesn't make sense in the football world.

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
              Firstly I can understand your emotion for jahanbakhsh but watch the language used in your post as there's better words to use to express your thoughts.
              Secondly, as I said previously and will say again, we don't know what has happened behind the scenes since potters appointment, so I don't understand how you're so confident that they tried to freeze him out to force him out and as a byproduct ruin his career. Freezing a player doesn't really save a club much money as they still have to pay the wages, they might save a couple hundred quid of extra bonuses which would be due to appearance bonus etc which is pennies considering the amount of money he's already being paid per week. Freezing a player out in such a manner doesn't do clubs a favour as they would lose value and like previously mentioned, a player hardly ever take a paycut when going out on loan, he'd only get a paycut if the club gets relegated or if he is sold and his new club's contract is less than his current contract, or if he wanted to mutually terminate his contract which is a far far stretch.
              Like I said I can understand your frustration and emotions of seeing him out of action for so long for unknown reasons etc but I'd strongly advise against making rumours like that specially when it doesn't make sense in the football world.
              oh come off it buddy.

We are trying to explain how this player who was excellent in previous match (by BRIGHTON FAN accounts, not ours) and scored this worldie today and should have gotten an assist as well had fan favorite maupay scored the perfect chance he created, could have been out of 18 for alllllll these matches...

HOW ? I am yet to hear ONE even close to convincing argument. The competition playing better is just clearly completely false.

- Trossard has scored 2 goals in all these games. Now tied with aRJ. Although at least he has a better assists record with 4. He is a quality player and should be starting for sure.

- Conolly two goals one assists. Now tied with ARJ on goals in god knows how many more minutes. He is actually a talented kid who has a good amount of pace and decent finish, but creativity, technical ability, football IQ is miles behind ARJ.

-Pascal Gross. Was great two seasons ago. Horrible last season. This season 1 goal, 2 assists. Stats speak for themselves.

- Alzate has played wing at times, also Right back so his numbers are more understandable. But still, zero goals zero assists.

This is the collection of elite superstars that relegated ARJ to a place in the stands.

One explanation could be that his confidence was low, but that was literally the managements fault for banishing him to out of 18 after solid preseason, great attitude, etc. anyways his confidence was never gonna be recovered before he started scoring goals and participating on the pitch so that argument would be meaningless.

Injury we know cant be possible explanation, he has been completely fit all season except for around that Hong Kong match.

Brighton getting great results and Potter not wanting to disturb winning momentum cant be the reason either. Before his heroics in the last two matches they were 2 points off relegation. They still havent won back to back matches for 3 years...

Something doesnt add up. IF you cant see it, then maybe you should try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                FANTASTIC GOAL

PREMONITION THAT A GOAL WAS COMING, THE LIKE I'VE FELT JUST TWICE BEFORE IN 50+ YEARS
                Time for you to go troll on another forum.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I always had faith in ARJ. As I said before, when a world class coach like Querioz had spoken so highly of him, and had regularly featured him on team melli, then HE IS legit. Even when he didn’t have the best games with team melli, I could tell his class, technique, and quality on the pitch.

Anyone who thinks ARJ hasn’t played a SINGLE game for a 14th ranked EPL team, because he wasn’t “good enough,” is blindly renting out their brain to Potter. Potter is a coach, not a God. He DEFINITELY has his own biases, stubborness, and misjudgements.

And from these 2 games, you can tell he was horribly mistaken, to ONLY give him 2 appearances till now.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    would be a good time to bless us with some cross attempted stats or number of passes made please.
                    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...ighton-Chelsea

I'm still getting to grips with the ramifications of the tactical changes during the match. It was complicated by Chelsea being a rather good side at full strength.
                    The early conceded goal put a kybosh on best laid plans, but this did not explain why the passing was under 80% until it improved 20 minutes from the end. Bissouma probably let the side down a bit.

Not forgetting that possession football is basically a defensive tactic (the best form of defence). The problem was that Chelsea are a quicker side and BHA were crying out for a quick winger (quicker than Montoya or Trossard) in the first half. And someone a bit quicker in midfield as well. The quickest way to attack is by accurate passing as the ball covers the distance quicker than dribbling. Connolly was a success but Alireza Jahanbakhsh was more involved in half the time and was rightly MOM. I did not think that taking off Mooy would work, but it did.

From my angle of view Reece James delberately jumped into Dan Burn and should have been sent off. Dismissals spoil games though. Dan Burn will miss the three difficult games in March.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      All this is doing is shitting on potter.

Seriously, this guy was not good enough to be in the majority of matchday squads in the past 6 months????

But the guys ahead of him who were doing sooooooo well that ARJ has now equaled most of their goalscoring records for the season in just 90 total mins of football???

What am I missing?

A mediocre player cannot score that goal ARJ scored. That is a fact. His wonderful cross right after for maupay is one of the few truly quality delivieries brighton fans said they saw all day.

Even today he was meaninglessly benched.

Lets hope he gets the respect he deserves.
                      Bravo! Well said, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

While we all kept faith with JB and knew we had a special boy out there in wilderness, Potter is very surprised with the events unfolding in the last couple of days. It’s like as though he didn’t realise what gem he had hidden in his squad, why? Not good enough for his tactics or suiting it? He had to change his tactics to suit JB? Surely he could see what JB is capable of in training? Baffling Mistry!?
                        Forget about a master plan conjured up by Potter,he just showcased JB as an exit plan to loan him out, not knowing what come May and JB shocked him and his critics.

Whatever the reason, JB is now forcing him not to be able to leave him out of the roster at least. I very much doubt he would want to send him out on loan now, he won’t be able to sell him for the money they bought him for, so unless JB puts in a transfer request, we will see him finishing the season with Brighton, which in my view is the correct outcome given the changed circumstances that they both find JB in.

JB now has the opportunity to shine and write himself into the upper reaches of the Premier league.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I have been busy and I just saw this. I can't stop watching ARG's magnificent goal. What a way to start a decade! His gift to the football world and all Iran football fans on the first day of the new year! Our wonderful boy made our day in these tough times!

Go ARJ!

Comment

So, where are all the members who were calling for Brighton to be relegated and Potter fired because AJ wasn't getting any playing time? Legit question: do you all still want to see Brighton get relegated with AJ getting regular playing time?

Will the football experts who were telling AJ he was making the biggest mistake of his career by staying and fighting for his spot also raise their hands please? The rest of us would like to point at you and laugh.

Thanks!

Comment

^ The only reason I would ever be interested in Brighton is ARJ.
                              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Just watched the post game press conference with Potter and I would say 75% of the 8 minutes was about AJ. He was full of praise, he said he wants him to stay. He also laid out the reasons why he didn’t give Ali playing time. He said he thought Ali was putting too much pressure on himself to justify the price tag so he would get nervous. He did say that he has qualities that other players don’t.

He said he was inclined to start him but was worried lack of game time and two games back to back could be too heavy for Ali.

Yes GP is the common English know it all and a bit full of himself but I don’t think he is the monster that people try to make him out to be.
                                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Working...
                                X