Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Iranian fans on here unfortunately have been 250x worse than the few Brighton supporters here and there who bad mouthed JB. It’s the epitome and prime example of them not being able to take their emotions out of their opinions and look at things objectively.....he got his chance and seized the opportunity and I know Brighton fans are even happier than we are
    Just talked to my mom, who is a way more active in our local persian community and she said exactly the same.
    There is a huge difference in being a passionate fan or a gheyrati idiot.
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
      Remind me what Hashemian did as a player the was unprofessional. I know early on he declined to play for TM. What was his reason? But besides that I always thought he was a consummate professional.
      He refused to join TM despite multiple invitation, until it got crucial before do or die Qatar match. All that because Blazevic crossed his name off few years before, but even with new coach he didn't want join TM.
      Not a fan of Blazevic but in 2001 Hashemian wasn't getting much playing time in HSV and Daei was still useful.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Iranian star Jahanbakhsh denies Chelsea with overhead wonder goal

By Paul Gittings, CNN
        Updated 2000 GMT (0400 HKT) January 1, 2020

Alireza Jahanbakhsh equalized for Brighton in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea with a sensational overhead kick late in the game at the Amex Stadium.

(CNN)Iranian international Alireza Jahanbakhsh scored a wonder goal for Brighton in the first English Premier League fixtures of the new decade to secure his team a precious point in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

Chelsea was heading for victory in the New Year's Day encounter at the Amex Stadium when Jahanbakhsh met a loose ball from a corner with an overhead kick which left visiting keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga with no chance.
        The stunning 84th minute equalizer was no more than Brighton deserved from a spirited display after falling behind to an early goal for Cesar Azpilicueta.
        It was the second goal in two games for second half substitute Jahanbakhsh, who had gone over 18 months without scoring since becoming Brighton's record signing from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar, and one that will linger long in the memory.
        "It was the best goal of my career," he told BT Sport.
        "I had a feeling I would make an impact in this game and when the ball came to me I tried as hard as possible to kick it and the only option for me was a bicycle kick," he added.
        Alireza Jahanbakhsh (second right) is on his knees as his spectacular bicycle kick heads for the Chelsea goal.

The draw has lifted Brighton further clear of the drop zone ahead of later New Year's Day fixtures, with Chelsea staying in the fourth and final Champions League spot with manager Frank Lampard frustrated after seeing his side's early dominance wasted.
        "In the first half, the game was there to be won. We weren't ruthless enough," he told BT Sport. "We got the goal and we had the possession. But we just didn't kill the game off."
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          He refused to join TM despite multiple invitation, until it got crucial before do or die Qatar match. All that because Blazevic crossed his name off few years before, but even with new coach he didn't want join TM.
          Not a fan of Blazevic but in 2001 Hashemian wasn't getting much playing time in HSV and Daei was still useful.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
          He didn't refuse to join TM he refused to work with IFF. He said in an german interview that he won't play under such mismanagement. riiid be heykaleshun.
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I wonder how "TheWheels" aka "Gotham" is doing...

He was a huge Chelsea fan... Really happy to see Jahanbakhsh score against Chelsea at that too

Comment

Extended Highlights on this website (many other sources are geoblocked at the moment).
              Just click the play button and then once again on the following webpage/popup. Since AJ gets subbed on with 20 minutes to go?, I believe if you skip to around the 8 minute mark of the video you will see him on.
              Going by the comments, it seems there are more highlights/moves from AJ that are not included in these extended highlights.

https://hoofoot.com/?match=Brighton_...sea_2020_01_01
              Last edited by E.Moghaddam; 01-01-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

This is what it means to be a confidence player. You only attempt a shot like that if you have faith in your technique and ability.

Comment

As happy as I am for AJ, these couple of outings does not change much of anything for me.

We always knew that he had quality. He was the top scorer in a league that is famous for producing quality forwards. He was purchased for a record signing fee.

Fact is that he was frozen out of the team, not due to technical issues. It was purely to force him out. I give him a lot of credit for toughing it out, refusing to throw in the towel and quit. We knew he was a professional and a fighter. He proved it again.

He was only given a chance because of the several games in a short period. Otherwise, he would not have been used in the Bournemouth game. Given his wonder goal today, it will be very difficult to exclude him again. And excluding him does not make any more sense, since it has diminishing returns for the club.

Come summer, he can leave on his own terms.

I don't give a crap whether Potter is a good or shitty coach. Fact is, they (Management and Potter) tried to ruin his career to save a few bucks and they failed. Now Potter is trying to pretend like it was part of a grand plan to motivate him. No it was NOT. He was forced into using him. And now it is clear for even BHAFC diehards that it was foolish to freeze him out like this. If anything, Potter is proved to be an idiot (or complicit with the management) for sitting on this talent.

Regardless of how the rest of the season goes, AJ has already won.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Some comic relief on ARJ @ Brighton, if this doesn’t make you laugh you’re truly a bitter one

“Did you ever have that ugly girl who everyone used to bully at school who you then bump into in the pub 10 years later and she looks like Ariana Grande? That’s Alireza Jahanbakhsh #BHAFC”

https://mobile.twitter.com/wearebrig...78042796060672
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Next game is Jan 4th on ESPN+ In Fa CUP. Is JB now a starter or will he be rested for actual PL games from now?
                      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Some comic relief on ARJ @ Brighton, if this doesn’t make you laugh you’re truly a bitter one

“Did you ever have that ugly girl who everyone used to bully at school who you then bump into in the pub 10 years later and she looks like Ariana Grande? That’s Alireza Jahanbakhsh #BHAFC”

https://mobile.twitter.com/wearebrig...78042796060672
                        This is the account that collected and made a montage from a load of tweets from non Iranians about BHA and claimed that Iranians were homophobic (they were all Muslim sounding names but not a single one was Iranian. I guess to them Arab countries/Pakistan/Muslim = Iranian or something [emoji849])

The account could be more hilarious than any comedian in history but I have no time for them as they've been aggressively against Jahanbakhsh for one thing, and falsely smearing Iranian fans (in a series of tweets which the account has deleted) very early on in such a way was disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                          As happy as I am for AJ, these couple of outings does not change much of anything for me.

We always knew that he had quality. He was the top scorer in a league that is famous for producing quality forwards. He was purchased for a record signing fee.

Fact is that he was frozen out of the team, not due to technical issues. It was purely to force him out. I give him a lot of credit for toughing it out, refusing to throw in the towel and quit. We knew he was a professional and a fighter. He proved it again.

He was only given a chance because of the several games in a short period. Otherwise, he would not have been used in the Bournemouth game. Given his wonder goal today, it will be very difficult to exclude him again. And excluding him does not make any more sense, since it has diminishing returns for the club.

Come summer, he can leave on his own terms.

I don't give a crap whether Potter is a good or shitty coach. Fact is, they (Management and Potter) tried to ruin his career to save a few bucks and they failed. Now Potter is trying to pretend like it was part of a grand plan to motivate him. No it was NOT. He was forced into using him. And now it is clear for even BHAFC diehards that it was foolish to freeze him out like this. If anything, Potter is proved to be an idiot (or complicit with the management) for sitting on this talent.

Regardless of how the rest of the season goes, AJ has already won.
                          This is ridiculous.

Why would Brighton deliberately try to ruin their 17 million pound transfer? Do you seriously think they bought Alireza Jahanbakhsh from AZ so that they could ruin his career? What would Brighton have against him?

Potter puts his best 11 (in his opinion) out there for every match. Unfortunately, he didn’t think Alireza was in his best 18. Now, Alireza is proving to him that he belongs in the team.

It’s not personal against JB, this is how football works.
                          We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

So pleased for Alireza.

Comment

FANTASTIC GOAL

PREMONITION THAT A GOAL WAS COMING, THE LIKE I'VE FELT JUST TWICE BEFORE IN 50+ YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                                FANTASTIC GOAL

PREMONITION THAT A GOAL WAS COMING, THE LIKE I'VE FELT JUST TWICE BEFORE IN 50+ YEARS
                                would be a good time to bless us with some cross attempted stats or number of passes made please.

Comment

Working...
                                X