Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
    for those who watched the game, how did he do other than the goal? how would you rate him if he hadn't scored? This complicates the january transfer window, because he may have turned a corner with the goal. if he gained potter's trust with his performance we may see him more regularly.
    He did very well. He made several excellent crosses, got at least two solid steals, controlled the ball very well. He came out with a solid cross in the first minute that could have led to a goal (even earlier than his 2:29 goal). He made 1 or 2 unforced errors (like a pass in the box that was not angled correctly), but overall very solid performance. He was clearly more confident.

Comment

I watched the whole match and after Mooy and Bissouma who were both insane, he was overall the best player. He got pretty tired towards the 70th min which was expected due to his lack of games. I think if he doesn't leave on loan, he will be part of the 18 regularly now, probably even starting against Chelsea on new years day.
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

How beautiful of a scene it was watching him scoring that beauty and celebrate with all his heart and cry out of joy. Sooooo happy for him. You could feel and hear the whole stadium cheering and celebrating along. Everything about this goal was sweet and the celebration of him, his teammates and the entire crowd was so genuine and meaningful that even watching from you iPad you could feel it as if you were the one scoring that goal! [emoji7][emoji3531]

On a side note, this guy is so amazing with languages and how he progresses. First he learned Dutch within his first year in Netherlands, and now after a year he speaks English so fluently with British accent! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1374]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Keano; 12-29-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Dan Burn:*“I’m*buzzing for Ali,” Brighton’s left-back says of his team’s opening goalscorer in an interview with Sky Sports. “He’s been grafting in training. I really wanted him to do well today and I’m delighted he scored.”

For those questioning his teammates "hating" him or "disliking" him, there's social groups within every team and every club. Obviously he hangs out pre and post game with certain players rather than others but I don't think there's a hate or massive dislike for him by any of the players. Last year it was a matter of trust from some of the players and I saw first hand the social groups and him not mixing too much with the likes of Murray who last year was probably a lot higher up the social ranks at the team than this year due to his importance under Houghton.
          It was obvious after ARJ goal today that pretty much all the teammates on the pitch wanted him to score today and were over the moon that he did, by just the celebration they all did with him. He's the sort of player who puts a shift in at training and is genuinely a nice guy, though sometimes players who are genuinely nice or "soft" are sometimes "bullied" via banter by other players, but thankfully from what I've seen that's not that much the case this season under potter. If he's still at Brighton mid January, I'm gonna go down to the Everton game again and see what the team atmosphere is like.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
            toxic teammates? is this true? see this said on PFDC a lot but is there any backing for it? we just assume he has toxic teammates because of body language and because it seems like they wouldn't pass to him? lol
            Knockfart and a few others seemed to be quite selfish last year any time he messed up seemed they were always mad at him and kinda could see how his confidence would just erode.
            I mean the other peice of evidence is potter got rid of them.
            Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

3,000 supporters from NEC were visiting and he went to their hotel after to thank them. I really hope after he spends his career twilight with AZ/NEC.

Comment

Potter deserves a ton of credit here. Maybe AJ wasn't at the level he expected, or maybe AJ was seriously not in his plans but he had a change of heart after seeing his determination in training. Whatever it was, and PFDC football experts with their tribalistic mentality can bash him all they want, but the guy was genuinely happy when AJ scored--yes all coaches are happy when their team scores--and you could see it in his eyes.

All the conspiracy theories about his teammates not liking him, Potter plotting against him, et cetera, and they are all delighted for him. It will be very difficult to loan him out after this performance and I am sure Potter was being genuine when he said that there was a place for AJ in his plans after the game.

Comment

There’s definitely a couple loony theories that’ve been expressed in the past on this forum but let’s not pretend like there weren’t issues with his situation before today.

Regarding his relationship with the team, last season without a doubt he did not have the confidence of many of them. I can’t speak about his social relations but on the pitch that much was apparent.

I also don’t think Potter did him any favors in frustrating him in and out of the squad for so long. He is and always will be a confidence player so killing his play time was not a very wise move. Today was a taste of his potential when he is feeling good about his abilities and has the trust of his team.

Regardless, I’m ecstatic about today. I think the new bunch of players have a much different mindset. I really like what I’ve seen from Mooy, Burns, Maupay in their comments and reactions. The celebration was very touching, really really heart warming. It helped that he scored so early too, imagine if his day started with 1-2 bad passes and he started hearing the loud moans around the stadium like last time. Luckily though he seemed to step out there looking like the ARJ we knew from AZ.

Hopefully more of this to come in the new year, cheers to the handful of BHA fans browsing our forum. I do hope he transfers in the summer but until then I hope he brings both sets of fans lots to cheer about.

Comment

Iranian scorers in EPL

Comment

He’s not looking too bad this season, especially given his limited starts and playing time

Neal Maupay⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
                      Adam Webster⚽️⚽️⚽️
                      Aaron Connolly⚽️⚽️
                      Leandro Trossard⚽️⚽️
                      Lewis Dunk⚽️⚽️
                      Aaron Mooy⚽️
                      Alireza Jahanbakhsh⚽️
                      Davy Propper⚽️
                      Florin Andone⚽️
                      Pascal Gross⚽️
                      Shane Duffy⚽️

Comment

I think it's the first time that a Premier League team has named at least 3 players from AFC (JB, Mooy and Ryan) in their starting line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          How beautiful of a scene it was watching him scoring that beauty and celebrate with all his heart and cry out of joy. Sooooo happy for him. You could feel and hear the whole stadium cheering and celebrating along. Everything about this goal was sweet and the celebration of him, his teammates and the entire crowd was so genuine and meaningful that even watching from you iPad you could feel it as if you were the one scoring that goal! [emoji7][emoji3531]

On a side note, this guy is so amazing with languages and how his progress. First he learned Dutch within his first year in Netherlands, and now after a year he speaks English so fluently with British accent! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1374]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe he actually learned how to talk with a british accent. that's some crazy level of dedication.

Comment

Here is a really nice edit on Instagram by this channel called iranfootballstars : https://www.instagram.com/p/B6omfn8F...=1smnpkcta8xhc
                            I hope you guys enjoy and I hope this is a beginning of continuous blessings for our boy Jahanbakhsh

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                              Potter deserves a ton of credit here. Maybe AJ wasn't at the level he expected, or maybe AJ was seriously not in his plans but he had a change of heart after seeing his determination in training. Whatever it was, and PFDC football experts with their tribalistic mentality can bash him all they want, but the guy was genuinely happy when AJ scored--yes all coaches are happy when their team scores--and you could see it in his eyes.

All the conspiracy theories about his teammates not liking him, Potter plotting against him, et cetera, and they are all delighted for him. It will be very difficult to loan him out after this performance and I am sure Potter was being genuine when he said that there was a place for AJ in his plans after the game.
                              Did he really say that?

Comment

Although it was impressive that he started to speak Dutch so fast (and pretty well, considering) he already spoke English before going to England. He spoke English before learning Dutch. Although his English has improved.

And regarding his British accent: what did you guys expect, that he would talk English with a Nigerian accent? He is in England and surrounded by Brits and his English classes are thought in British accent as well....

Comment

Working...
                                X