Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Thanks for literally restating the stats I posted. Its not really a weird selection of player to talk about. The SS,Wingers that are playing instead of ARJ. I havent watched every BHAFC match this year ( I know right, crucify me but Id rather watch paint dry). All in all I am counting 9 goal contributions from the numbers you just posted. Whatever you think of ARJ you have to admit those are not strong numbers from a group of 4-5 players to produce.

Anyways, I dont think ARJ can be part of the solution anymore either. Brighton have literally shat on him in a mental sense so badly he looks like a shadow of the player he was (even if you think dutch league is weak, the players you mentioned were all tap in strikers. None of them led the league in both goals and assists. Janssen was literally ARJs teammate and arj was making him look much better than he actually was).

The reality, whether you are willing to accept or not thats your business, Brighton players who have played instead of ARJ have not done so much better than him to justify him getting 15 mins of football all season. By statistics metrics, general performance alone, that is simply not a case that you can argue seriously.

A much more reasonable argument would be to say, listen, we fucked up. We got a player who would never fit our system, never trusted him fully or put reasonable pieces around him, got mad at him when he couldnt execute in a system that is the complete opposite to what he has been used to be playing, and now have shot his confidence to absolute bits. As a result of this he is not a player who can contribute meaningfully to the team and it is better we cut our losses. That would be a reasonable analysis.

Not that arj is faultless, he chose a team that is crappy match and doesnt understand his footballing talents or strengths at all or doesnt give a shit about them. Additionally, he wasnt strong enough mentally to deal with the fuckery brighton were doing to him on that end, if he had the balls he would say fuck you brighton and gtfo, or when he would play he would be confdient in his own abilities regardless of lack of playing time, etc. Instead he began doubting himself in every possession and forgetting how to do the basics.

If you want a step by step manual on how to destroy a footballer, Brighton have provided it with ARJ. And this is coming from somebody who was aware of ARJs limitations in the first place and never thought for one second he could cut it in EPL!
    I stand by the fact that it’s a weird selection of players to pick.

Alzate has mainly played at fullback, that’s a fact. Do you want ARJ playing fullback? Because we both know what the reaction would be on here, don’t we? Stupid coach playing him out of position. Rubbish manager, and rubbish club because he’s not a fullback. Murray is a target man striker. Do you think Jahankabash would work as. He’s also managed 350 minutes, he’s not playing over ARJ. Two players there that it makes absolutely zero sense to compare him too but you were trying to pad your argument out. Thats before going in to how impressive Trossards stats are for how many minutes he’s played.

As for the rest of your post, it’s the same inane drivel; indistinguishable from half the posts on here. It’s funny how whenever we talk about why Jahankabash failed all the blame falls on Brighton. Not many of you are as quick to point out that after getting back in to the team after two months out injured he was instantly whisked away to the Asian Cup for a month and lost his place in the team upon return. But whatever, we’re the devil incarnate and we set out to ruin his career... obviously

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
      i think we "may" see AJB feature over the xmas period where they play a lot of games over a couple of weeks...
      ... fingers crossed
      Honestly, it depends on what formation we play in the next few weeks.if we play the narrow 4-2-2-2 we did against Spurs & Arsenal then I struggle to see where he fits in (sorry). A return to 3-4-3 would suit him I think. A front 3 of Trossard - Maupay - Connolly wouldn’t be able to play 90 minutes every game, and I think the right flank of that formation would actually really suit him and his strengths.

I think he’ll get another chance at least, maybe even 2 or 3. It’s then up to him to grab that chance; although obviously that isn’t easy when you’re low on confidence & not match fit.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
        I stand by the fact that it’s a weird selection of players to pick.

Alzate has mainly played at fullback, that’s a fact. Do you want ARJ playing fullback? Because we both know what the reaction would be on here, don’t we? Stupid coach playing him out of position. Rubbish manager, and rubbish club because he’s not a fullback. Murray is a target man striker. Do you think Jahankabash would work as. He’s also managed 350 minutes, he’s not playing over ARJ. Two players there that it makes absolutely zero sense to compare him too but you were trying to pad your argument out. Thats before going in to how impressive Trossards stats are for how many minutes he’s played.

As for the rest of your post, it’s the same inane drivel; indistinguishable from half the posts on here. It’s funny how whenever we talk about why Jahankabash failed all the blame falls on Brighton. Not many of you are as quick to point out that after getting back in to the team after two months out injured he was instantly whisked away to the Asian Cup for a month and lost his place in the team upon return. But whatever, we’re the devil incarnate and we set out to ruin his career... obviously
        fair points - unfortunately the majority of ppl on here hold an unfair grudge against BHA and make up rumors about him not fitting in when he is great friends with a lot of the guys at the club and is a well liked guy in the locker room across the board. its easy to point the finger at BHA, and IMO they do have some things they did mess up on with regards to ARJ, but they are not this monsterous club that ppl are now trying to create a narrative of being a relegation team and GP not being a clear improvement from last season. best to ignore such outlandish statements, thats what I've been doing for the most part in this thread.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          fair points - unfortunately the majority of ppl on here hold an unfair grudge against BHA and make up rumors about him not fitting in when he is great friends with a lot of the guys at the club and is a well liked guy in the locker room across the board. its easy to point the finger at BHA, and IMO they do have some things they did mess up on with regards to ARJ, but they are not this monsterous club that ppl are now trying to create a narrative of being a relegation team and GP not being a clear improvement from last season. best to ignore such outlandish statements, thats what I've been doing for the most part in this thread.
          It’s a shame, I remember when we signed ARJ. The excitement on the Brighton forum was posted on here and you guys were excited about how excited we were. I’ll always remember how surreal people on here found it when Brighton fans managed to find the private plane he was taking on Flight Tracker and were watching it come in to land, trying to figure out what airport he’d land at if he was signing for Brighton.

As a club are we faultless? No, probably not. But there are people on here (and it’s by no means everybody) who have constructed the most amazingly elaborate series of events in their head to absolve everyone but Brighton of any blame. It’s a mixture of so many factors. Hughtons negative football didn’t help, the Iranian national team calling him away as he returned from injury didn’t help, Jahankabash; despite what some people say, never grabbed his chance last season. No matter how you try to rationalise it, 0 goals, 0 assists & only 23 crosses in over 1000 minutes is poor. Less than 40% of shots being on target & less than 70% pass accuracy is also poor. Some of it is bad luck too, if his shot that smashed against the bar against Huddersfield was a foot lower then it’s a massive confidence boost, he plays better and never looks back - his injury problems didn’t help either.

All in all, it’s sad it looks like it’s ending this way. Most Brighton fans want nothing more than ARJ to turn things around, but sadly to most on here we’ll be the shit club managed by ‘Pothead’ who should get relegated because we didn’t bend over backwards to make the whole team revolve around one player they liked.

Comment

Last edited by KeonKish; 12-09-2019, 12:47 PM.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

[QUOTE=KeonKish;2670698]Don’t know how a player can turn things around without getting some PT

Soyuncu for example only played 370 mins last season.

This season he’s been one of the best CBS

ARJ wasnt worse than most of the team last season. I agree, he was shy and didn’t take enough advantage of some of his chances.

However, not getting any significant playing time likely hurt his confidence even more.

This is not player development. This is very poor on behalf of the club.

There were many games where brighton was comfortably ahead and he could have been subbed in to regain confidence or show himself.

But potter has not afforded such chances for ARJ.

Surely he wasn’t so bad that he hasn’t even made the bench for most games, that is simply way too harsh.
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

https://fullmatch.net/brighton-hove-...-match/?link=2
                finally got around watching the replay of 2nd half

sure it was a nervy feature (very understandable considering) but i thought he did quiet all right overall in the limited time and chances that were afforded to him..!
                had a decent cross/near connect with Murray, which the announcer wrongly called him Alzate and had another good combination on the RW and a cross into box that although not accurate, caused the huge scramble in the opponent box and had their center-half scrambling into their keeper trying to clear it..(perhaps the best Brighton chance in his time on the pitch..!)
                he tracked back defensively fine when necessary and just looked a bit confused in his offensive positioning trying to make sure he is in the right place for combinations etc and had a pass deflected and wasnt able to dribble by his marker in another instance but nothing too alarmingly shocking..! those will improve with more playing time and chemistry build up with his teammates..!

there is no arguing that BHA playing more attractive football as opposed to last season and certainly they look a more formidable side this season but like i said before regardless of impressive possession stats they lack creativity and sense of adventure and intent in the final 3rd of the pitch and i honestly think Alireza could provide some of that with a bit more playing minutes and trust from his attacking teammates ...!
                on the balance BHA were the better side since his subbing in and i think we might well see him featured again off the bench soon... if for nothing else for sake of putting him in the shop window..!!

Comment

It’s a shame, I remember when we signed ARJ. The excitement on the Brighton forum was posted on here and you guys were excited about how excited we were. I’ll always remember how surreal people on here found it when Brighton fans managed to find the private plane he was taking on Flight Tracker and were watching it come in to land, trying to figure out what airport he’d land at if he was signing for Brighton.

As a club are we faultless? No, probably not. But there are people on here (and it’s by no means everybody) who have constructed the most amazingly elaborate series of events in their head to absolve everyone but Brighton of any blame. It’s a mixture of so many factors. Hughtons negative football didn’t help, the Iranian national team calling him away as he returned from injury didn’t help, Jahankabash; despite what some people say, never grabbed his chance last season. No matter how you try to rationalise it, 0 goals, 0 assists & only 23 crosses in over 1000 minutes is poor. Less than 40% of shots being on target & less than 70% pass accuracy is also poor. Some of it is bad luck too, if his shot that smashed against the bar against Huddersfield was a foot lower then it’s a massive confidence boost, he plays better and never looks back - his injury problems didn’t help either.

All in all, it’s sad it looks like it’s ending this way. Most Brighton fans want nothing more than ARJ to turn things around, but sadly to most on here we’ll be the shit club managed by ‘Pothead’ who should get relegated because we didn’t bend over backwards to make the whole team revolve around one player they liked.
                  Respect goes two ways though, before the vast majority of iranian fans on this forum effectively "turned" on BHA, there were prominent BHA fan accounts on twitter posting quite derogatory things about iranians

e.g. @wearebrighton posted a load of homophobic comments which they attributed to iranian fans (as well as romanian) - not a SINGLE name they posted was an iranian name.

It was really poor form....

Comment

Every time an Iranian player gets benched, this happens.

It's really simple, players getting benched and having to deal with it is something that literally happens *all the time*. In the chances he's gotten, he hasn't done enough to impress his bosses. This isn't a case of his coach somehow targeting him on purpose (or any of the other conspiracies that are consistently thrown around here).

Hopefully he has a good circle around him that'll help him get to his next team, where he'll shine.
                    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                      Don’t know how a player can turn things around without getting some PT

Soyuncu for example only played 370 mins last season.

This season he’s been one of the best CBS

ARJ wasnt worse than most of the team last season. I agree, he was shy and didn’t take enough advantage of some of his chances.

However, not getting any significant playing time likely hurt his confidence even more.

This is not player development. This is very poor on behalf of the club.

There were many games where brighton was comfortably ahead and he could have been subbed in to regain confidence or show himself.

But potter has not afforded such chances for ARJ.

Surely he wasn’t so bad that he hasn’t even made the bench for most games, that is simply way too harsh.
                      Thank you for a more balanced post on here then most people have managed.

I would question what games we’ve been comfortably ahead so we could have bought on Jahankabash? The only one I can think of is Spurs this season. But even then we brought on Bissouma; another player who hadn’t got the minutes he wants this year. We then brought on Murray & Bong with 2 minutes left. Again, both haven’t got the minutes they’d like. It’s tough to juggle a squad of 26 players when there’s only 11 starting spots.

Jahankabash was given a start in the league cup, and sadly for him he was outshone on the day by Connolly (who scored) and Alzate (who was probably MOTM). Sadly for ARJ that put two more bodies in contention for a starting place, and both of the young lads have gone from strength to strength since then.

I’m sceptical of saying he has/hasn’t done enough either way, simple because the problem is, none of us know how well he’s doing in training. That’s why claims that he deserves to start always seem strange to me. We simply don’t know if he deserves it based on training, none of us do!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Respect goes two ways though, before the vast majority of iranian fans on this forum effectively "turned" on BHA, there were prominent BHA fan accounts on twitter posting quite derogatory things about iranians

e.g. @wearebrighton posted a load of homophobic comments which they attributed to iranian fans (as well as romanian) - not a SINGLE name they posted was an iranian name.

It was really poor form....
                        WeAreBrighton are f*cking idiots.

I will however say that the Jahankabash experience has been strange for us. What you have to remember is only a few years ago we were a small local club. Our fan base stretched across Sussex and a little bit of Kent. We aren’t used to fans from the north of England, let alone abroad. Then we sign Jahankabash and every post on social media is met by a wall of Farsi. It’s a case of being thrown in at the deep end and a lot of our fans struggled with this influx of foreign fans, which of course can build resentment. It’s frustrating when you go on your teams instagram/Facebook and it’s bombarded by absolute rubbish; whether that’s about Jahankabash, Andone or Tau!

I’ve never meant to make it sound like it wasn’t a problem from both sides, so sorry if I made it sound like that.

Comment

WeAreBrighton are f*cking idiots.
                          I will however say that the Jahankabash experience has been strange for us. What you have to remember is only a few years ago we were a small local club. Our fan base stretched across Sussex and a little bit of Kent. We aren’t used to fans from the north of England, let alone abroad. Then we sign Jahankabash and every post on social media is met by a wall of Farsi. It’s a case of being thrown in at the deep end and a lot of our fans struggled with this influx of foreign fans, which of course can build resentment. It’s frustrating when you go on your teams instagram/Facebook and it’s bombarded by absolute rubbish; whether that’s about Jahankabash, Andone or Tau!
                          I’ve never meant to make it sound like it wasn’t a problem from both sides, so sorry if I made it sound like that.
                          Thanks for providing the context.

Our context is that this is a football mad country of 80 million which has been effectively jailed for the last 40 years by a political system which is hugely at odds with the population itself.

What you are getting on forums such as this are primarily expatriate iranians - Canadian-Iranians, American-Iranians, Iranian Brits and lots of other countries.

The guys on social media are often from Iran itself - they live through things like football because often that it all they have. And someone like Jahanbakhsh is a hero because he has not just achieved so much from humble beginnings but is such a nice and down-to-earth guy with it.

I hope people forgive the iranian fanbase on social media for being so passionate or even over-the-top - we aren't like Japan and Korea which have prosperous countries and freedom. We are the world's pariah state, there isn't much to get us happy as a country - all our successes in Science and technology are essentialy American Iranians or British Iranians etc...

Ignore the fans who are very passionate. All I ask is that when stuff is made up (like wearebrighton), someone, literally one BHA fan, calls them out. We didn't get that. They posted a load of non-iranians, not a single damn iranian, and then said "look at these iranian fans and their homophobia".

Comment

So far this season compared to last season we’ve
                            Averaged more goals per game (11th highest scorers this year compared to 17th)
                            Conceded fewer goals per game (1.5 v 1.57)
                            Averaged more points per game (1.18 v 0.94)
                            Picked up more points then in the corresponding fixtures from last year (16 v 14)
                            Averaged more shots per game (8th rather than 19th)
                            We’re also well on course for winning more games over the season.

As for not playing “attractive” football, we all know that if some of the passing/movement we’ve displayed in recent games featured Jahankabash then it would be used as proof on here that he’s our best player, has to start every week etc etc.The triangles of passing before the Alzate turn against Arsenal is a prime example

Anyway. Are you (or any of the other “Brighton are rubbish/getting relegated idiots”) willing to put your money where your rather large mouth is?

I am willing to offer a bet/deal to anybody willing to take it. Name your price. If Brighton finish on more points than last season and stay up then you have to donate whatever you were willing to gamble to a charity of my choice. If we get relegated or finish with less points than I will donate DOUBLE whatever your bet to either a charity of your choice or I’ll just give you the money if that’s what you want.
                            Seeming we only just stayed up last season, and are worse this season apparently then I’ll expect a queue of people lining up to take my money. That is unless of course deep down the minority of vocal idiots on here actually know they’re talking rubbish because they’ve let the “unfair” treatment of an Iranian player cloud their judgment and now they’re talking with Sandy vaginas and damp eyes.

I won’t hold my breath.
                            I am not sure how you are counting!!!!

At this point last year BHA had 21 points in 16 games. This season they have 19 points. 21 points are more than 19 points!!!! Or is there a special math at BHA?

At this point last season BHA had scored 20 and conceded 21 Goal difference of -1. This season BHA has scored 20 and conceded 24. Goal difference of -4!!!!

You are probably comparing all of last season to just the first 16 games of this season. That is not a fair, unbiased comparison.

Regarding your other comments, eh.... This may be shocking to you, but most of us here do not give a crap about BHA if it had not been for AJB. They can win the EPL or get relegated for all I care.

But, it is true that he has been treated unfairly, by any standard. It may be that forcing him out is to the club's advantage, but it does not make it right or ethical.

And the Dutch league that you guys put down so casually, has produced and is producing some of the best footballers of all time. I can list them, but you know Google, find out the list for yourself. You will find that their "Vans" have been burning up the EPL defenses for a while.

And, I will withhold using similar derogatory language towards the English as you used highlighted in Red. But I have noticed that people mostly resort to this type of language when they run out of logic and it is mostly out of ignorance.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              Thanks for providing the context.

Our context is that this is a football mad country of 80 million which has been effectively jailed for the last 40 years by a political system which is hugely at odds with the population itself.

What you are getting on forums such as this are primarily expatriate iranians - Canadian-Iranians, American-Iranians, Iranian Brits and lots of other countries.

The guys on social media are often from Iran itself - they live through things like football because often that it all they have. And someone like Jahanbakhsh is a hero because he has not just achieved so much from humble beginnings but is such a nice and down-to-earth guy with it.

I hope people forgive the iranian fanbase on social media for being so passionate or even over-the-top - we aren't like Japan and Korea which have prosperous countries and freedom. We are the world's pariah state, there isn't much to get us happy as a country - all our successes in Science and technology are essentialy American Iranians or British Iranians etc...

Ignore the fans who are very passionate. All I ask is that when stuff is made up (like wearebrighton), someone, literally one BHA fan, calls them out. We didn't get that. They posted a load of non-iranians, not a single damn iranian, and then said "look at these iranian fans and their homophobia".
                              I never looked at it that way before, I totally understand the passion/obsession now.

I can understand the frustration for you regarding the photos they put up. I guess it’s an untrained English eye seeing a name that looks potentially Middle Eastern and jumping to a conclusion without the facts.Next time WAB overstep the line on Twitter when it comes to Iran then feel free to drop me a message on here and if I see it then I’ll be the Brighton fan to call them out. I’m more than happy to do that.

And let’s hope that ARJ has the best game of his career next week against the drum-banging town-burning pikeys from up the road next week. I’m sure everyone from Brighton, Iran, Twitter & this forum can agree they want that.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Okay showing from Alireza. You could tell he was rusty, but he wasn't terrible either.

Had a few good one-twos, was involved in some attacks, but he was also slow, couldn't make successful dribble, and was off target in the one cross he made.

Same story as last year, when given the chance he didn't do anything to prove he deserves a starting spot, but at same time wasn't bad enough to say he definitely doesn't belong in the EPL.
                                watching rest of Brighton team, they arent any better. They make wrong passes and stupid plays all the time but seems like JB can't step 1 foot wrong.

his time is up at PL, he needs to leave ASAP

Not sure exactly what he expected signing for them. They are a 2nd division team that happened to have a stint at Premier league for a couple of seasons. Even a successful version of JB here wouldn't have helped them avoid relegation. He should have went to Leceister even if they offered less money. But i get it, hard to turn down money

Comment

Working...
                                X