Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
    I think its fair to say he hasn’t taken the chances hes been given, but hes been given barely any chances! He took a huge step up into the EPL and his season was interrupted like crazy last year with injuries and Asian Cup. He hasn’t been given any chances under Potter. What makes me mad is its like he gets one opportunity and if he doesnt perform like a superstar he is done, yet players like Gross, March, Bissouma, Montoya etc, can come out and have multiple shockers but are still in the picture.

It happens to many players. I always point to Iheanacho at Leicester as a prime example, Ozil is another, but it is clear Potter just doesnt like Alireza for whatever reason and is not willing to give him a chance to adapt. IMHO Alireza is nowhere near the worst player in their squad and he very well could have found his feet, but to us, as Iranians, it appears BHA are trying to force his hand and leave on his own and relieve BHA of the financial burden. This is why Iranians are pissed off and hate BHA. You can deny it all you want but to me it is clear now this is what is happening and it a big time *ick move. Alireza should grow some balls and call the club out for what they are doing.

The bashing for Potter is unfair as I think he has done well with the team this year, and the continuous reference to alirezas “assist” in the cup game is also ridiculous because it was a fluke, but you still cannot deny the shady crap BHA are pulling, and for that reason I wish them nothing but relentless failure.
    overall spot on post...!!
    but i wouldnt call that so flukish either...!! its taking the bull by its horn, taking some shot and chances and making something happen in final 3rd of the pitch the dribble prior to offloading that shot was nothing short of brilliant play and that Action was ultimately the biggest reason why the ball ended up in the back of the net rather than Yet another close chance gone begging for Pothead's bha..!

too much hesitancy and over-passing and as a result Utter ineffectiveness in the final 3rd of the pitch has been the Hallmark weakness of otherwise impressive Potterball so far this season..!
    in fact i wonder how does Pothead's scoring record in BHA till now compares with the supposed ultra conservative/defensive that of Hutton's BHA last year...??
    can't be arsed to look up but it hardly seem like a massive improvement if any on scoring front so far this season for BHA..??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      in fact i wonder how does Pothead's scoring record in BHA till now compares with the supposed ultra conservative/defensive that of Hutton's BHA last year...??
      can't be arsed to look up but it hardly seem like a massive improvement if any on scoring front so far this season for BHA..??
      Here it is... This season points= 15................ Last season points = 18

This season goals 16-21 (goal difference of -5)

Last season goals 19-21 (goal difference of -2)

So BHA scored more last season under the "ultra defensive Hughton". So not only it is not a massive improvement, but also a decline in goals scored.
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
        you do realise that AliReza ONLY played 3x 90 minutes on his natural position @YOUR CLUB?
        you do realise that last year YOUR CLUB was playing the most defensive game possible, something that doesn't suit AliReza ONE BIT?
        In total, AliReza got 11 games (only 3x 90 minutes!) in which he had 594 minutes (average of 54 minutes a game) on his natural position?

YOUR CLUB was the worst thing that could happen to AlliReza and he still tries to make the most of it. After breaking someones will like YOUR CLUB has done last season & he doesn't get ANY realistic chance to show himself, what can you expect??

I for one hope not ONE more Iranian EVER makes a move to EPL.
        Seems like he got plenty of opportunity but did not impress. Brighton fans might be feeling the same since he was a record transfer. This player is an over hyped player to be honest. In all his opportunity with TM he did not produce there either.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
          I for one hope not ONE more Iranian EVER makes a move to EPL.
          Spot on!
          EPL is a very aggressive league. You would do well if you are rough and aggressive and actually look hard with possibly a few scars crisscrossing your face ) Voria Ghafouri would probably do ok. Anyone remembers Eric Cantona kung fu kick
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            Here it is... This season points= 15................ Last season points = 18

This season goals 16-21 (goal difference of -5)

Last season goals 19-21 (goal difference of -2)

So BHA scored more last season under the "ultra defensive Hughton". So not only it is not a massive improvement, but also a decline in goals scored.
            CH gets sacked and Potter gets a contract until 2025! Who's running this clown show?

Comment

Just a question I have: Why would Brighton not let JB go to PSV for a year, find his form and maybe get some interest from a decent club that would pay atleast 10 million euros for him, but instead of earning 10 million, not letting him go and don't play him in the hope that he leaves himself, so they get rid of his salary costs and earn 0 euros.

In what world is this logical? Can someone please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                Can someone please explain?
                ....the reason for this strange behavior.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  What BHA are doing doesn't make sense from a business perspective and I'm juts genuinely interested in the logic behind it.

They spent a lot of money on Jahanbakhsh - if things continue like this then they just wasted the best part of 20 million. And yes he has been a disappointment.

Surely it makes sense to loan him out to a Dutch team like AZ where he is still seen in high regard, pay for 50-90% of his weekly salary and get him back in the shop window. Then the chances of being able to sell him (albeit at a massive loss) becomes higher, compared to not being able to sell him at all and having a huge loss and salary to pay for a few years.

Surely BHA would want 5 million or something for him, rather than zero? Or is the club flush with cash and can afford to write this off without any issues?
                  Babak I made this point just above, even AZ. Even if he goes for 5 million they stand to lose less because they will remove a large wage. Doesn't make sense.

I wish somehow someone who knows the inner workings of BHA can explain the logic. It seems like they are only responding to the more emotional posts Iranian fans make, not the really obvious point

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

For those doubting JB quality just look how his AZ teammate is doing at Wolfsburg top 4 goalscorer (Bundesliga) with 7 goals

JB is just not made for Premier league, especially a team that gives a lot of high balls.

Sooner or later Brighton is going to regulate he should move to Germany or Spain or even back to the netherlands, maybe PSV or even Feyenoord should be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pejman-IL View Post
                      For those doubting JB quality just look how his AZ teammate is doing at Wolfsburg top 4 goalscorer (Bundesliga) with 7 goals

JB is just not made for Premier league, especially a team that gives a lot of high balls.

Sooner or later Brighton is going to regulate he should move to Germany or Spain or even back to the netherlands, maybe PSV or even Feyenoord should be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Unfortunately, at this point Jahanbahsh can not go anywhere near the Bundesliga or la liga lol... his value has immensely depreciated.

Comment

Just a question I have: Why would Brighton not let JB go to PSV for a year, find his form and maybe get some interest from a decent club that would pay atleast 10 million euros for him, but instead of earning 10 million, not letting him go and don't play him in the hope that he leaves himself, so they get rid of his salary costs and earn 0 euros.

from my recollections PSV were interested in him on a Loan or (a loan to buy ..!? ) sorta of a transfer..!
                        in your typical loan, the Loanee club usually agrees to pony up the player's current wages and either agree to a set Transfer Fee upon successful completion of the loan terms or an option to negotiate for a buy price at loan's expiration..!!
                        just check PSV's current highest salary earning players and without checking i can assume none even come close to earning Alireza's salary ..!
                        loan move although discussed and entertained by the parties obviously fell through and PSV instead signed a Cheaper alternate winger (i think some cheap no name japanies winger? from a low profile Eredivisie team, i dont recall names now ..!)

so its rather logical to assume the main sticking points in that failed loan proposal was Money...!! Ali probably had to agree to a significant pay-cut for that loan move to materialize and he rightly opted to stay put and instead try to work his way into BHA instead.... afterall he has had a history of slow starts in new clubs and had performed much better in his second seasons for 2 of his former clubs ....!

Comment

The attacker is a target for PSV Eindhoven and an approach was made this week.

But Eindhovens Dagblad says Jahanbakhsh has rejected the move.

Jahanbakhsh wants to stay with Brighton, despite having to battle for a place in manager Graham Potter's team.

PSV are now in talks with Groningen for Ritsu Doan as an alternative.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...CLA0o2SLv7z.99

Comment

Ok then it was JB himself that didn't want to go after all! Why are people claiming that BHA is on purpose is trying to destroy his career by not letting him go and not letting him play either in the hopes they can terminate his contract. It seems that, if anyone, it's JB himself that is destroying his career by first choosing the wrong club and then rejecting to go to PSV because he wants to stay at BHA and fight for his change??

He almost certainly didn't have to have a pay cut, as again that would make no sense from BHA side to demand that. Either PSV would pay for some amount of his salary and BHA would pay the rest (most common with players going from a big league to a smaller one) or PSV would pay for all his salary and on top of that even pay 1 million extra just to have him loaned (also happens quite often).
                            You have to remember that BHA payed a hefty price for JB and would love to see atleast some of it back. They can only do so if JB plays games, right now they are seeing their investment being destroyed. So this situation is the worst thing that could happen to them and I'm pretty sure that they are smart enough to figure it should be last thing they hope for.

So to sum it up, it would be more logical to say JB is f*cking with them by not going anywhere else than BHA is destroying JB's career by keeping him hostage.

Being not preferred by a coach happens, like other shit happen in life. No harm done, you just move on. JB hasn't moved on, but let's just hope he will in January.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              from my recollections PSV were interested in him on a Loan or (a loan to buy ..!? ) sorta of a transfer..!
                              in your typical loan, the Loanee club usually agrees to pony up the player's current wages and either agree to a set Transfer Fee upon successful completion of the loan terms or an option to negotiate for a buy price at loan's expiration..!!
                              just check PSV's current highest salary earning players and without checking i can assume none even come close to earning Alireza's salary ..!
                              loan move although discussed and entertained by the parties obviously fell through and PSV instead signed a Cheaper alternate winger (i think some cheap no name japanies winger? from a low profile Eredivisie team, i dont recall names now ..!)
                              so its rather logical to assume the main sticking points in that failed loan proposal was Money...!! Ali probably had to agree to a significant pay-cut for that loan move to materialize and he rightly opted to stay put and instead try to work his way into BHA instead.... afterall he has had a history of slow starts in new clubs and had performed much better in his second seasons for 2 of his former clubs ....!
                              There is little to no actual source about the actual PSV wages. However multiple sources say that the highest payed players earn well above 1 million and it was believed that Luuk de Jong was earning 2 million a year.
                              Like I said in my previous post, it is very common that smaller clubs just pay for a certain amount of a players salary when they loan him and the remainder is payed by the club where he has a contract. Sometimes the smaller clubs don't even pay a salary but just offer the bigger club a place for them to have their players play games.

Multiple sources say it was JB himself that did not want to leave BHA, meaning BHA was probably ok with PSV only paying half of JB's salary and they paying the other half (if that was even the case). They would be proper morons if they didn't, because now they end up paying the full salary and seeing their investment destroyed as JB not playing any games (devaluation).

In no way it's BHA fault that JB is not playing for PSV now. It might be Potters 'fault' for not playing him, but that has nothing to do with the club. JB should have known (like Locadia for example) that it's best for him to (temporarily) leave and if wasn't the case in August, it sure as shit should be in December.

Comment

There is little to no actual source about the actual PSV wages. However multiple sources say that the highest payed players earn well above 1 million and it was believed that Luuk de Jong was earning 2 million a year.
                                Like I said in my previous post, it is very common that smaller clubs just pay for a certain amount of a players salary when they loan him and the remainder is payed by the club where he has a contract. Sometimes the smaller clubs don't even pay a salary but just offer the bigger club a place for them to have their players play games.

Multiple sources say it was JB himself that did not want to leave BHA, meaning BHA was probably ok with PSV only paying half of JB's salary and they paying the other half (if that was even the case). They would be proper morons if they didn't, because now they end up paying the full salary and seeing their investment destroyed as JB not playing any games (devaluation).

In no way it's BHA fault that JB is not playing for PSV now. It might be Potters 'fault' for not playing him, but that has nothing to do with the club. JB should have known (like Locadia for example) that it's best for him to (temporarily) leave and if wasn't the case in August, it sure as shit should be in December.
                                I agree to the jest of what your saying ...... afterall there are a 1000 and 1 ways to skin the cat ( so to say) and settle the contractual difference$e$ and grease the loan move through..!! its also quiet often that the player too is also asked to take a pay-cut in order to facilitate the loan move elsewhere where he could garner more game time as a result not just the loaner club .... !!
                                Fact remains that we really dont Know the Details of that proposed Loan Negotiation and all we can do here is Speculate as to which party played their hand$ (ARJ or BHA)too tough resulting in that loan debacle because Affordability/Money obviously seemed to have been the sticking point as i mentioned before..!!

whats obvious is that ARJ decided to stay put and fight for minutes @ BHA and Club seemingly got annoyed by that decision and now foolishly punishing him for it by ignorant exclusions from the main playing squad...!! off course, ARJ obviously hasnt shorted the club and given his best to stay positive and continued to train hard in hopes of the club coming back to their senses.... and fk them if they dont ... he can't do anything more to satisfy them until they loan him off to the next suitor and the longer they freeze him out of the action the more Losses they stand to stack and imo, to a lesser degree Alireza's market value plummeting as result of this SNAFU..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X