Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
    injuries, good at bundesliga before, but shined at EPL?
    No, failure in my books!
    EPL doesn't suit us!
    I believe Ashkan was voted as player of the season by Fulham fans.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/prem...r_of_the_year/

https://metro.co.uk/2014/07/26/why-f...leave-4811485/
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
      you mean 70% of the votes from Iranians as we always do!
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
        Amoo jan, I agree and disagree. I agree that statistics have shown Iranians not have good spell in England.
        But does it really have to do with the Iranians don’t fit EPL, or with their managers? Magath came to Fulham and have complete faith in Ashkan. He was lucky. Ando was lucky but once he went to Fulham, playing football under Roy Hodgson was a disaster for him. Even though Roy was flying high with a mediocre club and Clint Dempsey, he didn’t give Ando a single minute in the league.
        The rest struggled under English managers because of their belief in coaching. New coaches misunderstanding a player and wanting to sit them up so they fight tooth and nail to get 4 minutes.
        Jahanbakhsh came to Brighton to play. And if there is anything that remotely suggests Ali has to fairly be given a chance then I suggest his lawyers look into it. Because as good as the wingers and other benched players are (they are good! I’m not taking that away from them), it’s a questionable decision to keep Ali away from his bench.
        So I disagree, I think it has to do with the coach’s preference, the English way of conditioning a player’s mind (almost torture in some ways) until they give everything. He’s yanking Ali’s change, and I’m willing to bet Ali is busting his back for Potter at training. There’s no way that this player, who got to where he is isn’t working hard enough to be given playing time in this league. He is the most fit, muscular and talented playmaker from Iran.
        Alireza doesn’t fit into his 11 or 18, and he needs to leave.
        Could be the mindset of managers, maybe. I don’t challenge this point!
        However, lets even say Ashkan was successful in England, not IMO but OK, lets say the general view is he was successful, OK, what about the rest? I mean by and large we had great players, who did better everywhere else, call it for whatever reason, than in EPL! If I was a player consultant, I would definitely advise our players not to go to EPL clubs unless they were born and raised in UK and have played their youth football in England, being accustomed to their game!

Again, this is my opinion. I would favor our players to go to some mid table teams in Portugal, Spain, Italy or higher teams in Turkey, Greece.
        Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 11-07-2019, 11:10 PM.

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

OK Guys,
          Maybe I am too harsh on Ashkan! I think I should not call him a “failure” in England. He did better than a failure!
          However, I think he did much better in Bundesliga!

Probably the reason Ashkan did better than others in England was that he was grown up in the German football system, which is as physically demanding as the English system! Perhaps thats the reason!

So, OK, I take it back! Ashkan was NOT a failure in EPL, but IMO he should have stayed in Germany!
          Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 11-07-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

OK Guys,
            Maybe I am too harsh on Ashkan! I think I should not call him a “failure” in England. He did better than a failure!
            However, I think he did much better in Bundesliga!

Probably the reason Ashkan did better than others in England was that he was grown up in the German football system, which is as physically demanding as the English system! Perhaps thats the reason!

So, OK, I take it back! Ashkan was NOT a failure in EPL, but IMO he should have stayed in Germany!
            ashkans problem wasnt related to the league he played in amoo jan. If you look at his play style in peak bundesliga years, he was a very aggressive runner, putting lotta pressure on knees, and in general very physical and high volume winger. If this is your play style (and he was damn good at it) and suddenly you get a couple really bad knee injuries, you will struggle to find consistent level of fitness because body is still used to playing that style and you dont realize when you cant until it is too late, you over extend yourself, pick up additional problems.

When he was fit he was objectively very solid for fulham. Just go look at his highlight real, cracking goals, many of them. And when he joined fulham they were actually a solid team and a decent fit, much better than ARJ playing style and brighton fit.

Having said all of that, when we talk about DEJ we are really talking about a german footballer. Trained in germany, german style of play, german work habits, part of most successful german u21 team ever-mostly as a starter, etc, etc. Im sure if the whole israel situation didnt happen dejagah would have got at least 10-20 caps for germany. Definitely not a main player but he would have worked way into squad lists intermittently over the years.

I actually agree with you that PL is a hard league for iranians because of the physical demands + the teams they go to. Usually these lower midtable teams value running like a maniac over most other qualities, high iq players are overlooked , even if they are brought in for large sums of money.

Comment

you mean 70% of the votes from Iranians as we always do!
              Surprisingly not! Only the official Fulham supporters club cast ballots at the vote.
              Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

i with amoo&Iran19, that EPL/Championship Overall is certainly the Most Ill fitting EU league for Iranian players to join...!!
                also like i've said many times prior, EPL may not be the BEST League in the world..!!? , but consistently it has certainly proven to be the Most Challenging Football league in the world ..!! On & especially so off the pitch ..!
                Besides Best is such a subjective term and depends on too many variables, and what certain folks view as the most important on those variables..!
                and yes even Ashkan's spell was by enlarge a failed one..! just look at how many minutes he featured for Fulham Compared to available minutes .... !? From my recollections he was benched far more than available for game days and I followed his whole career there ..!
                IMO he coulda well amassed a far more impressive EU career had he stayed in BL or moved to Italy or Spain...!(deservedly so too..!)
                Last edited by BacheLot; 11-08-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  i with amoo&Iran19, that EPL/Championship Overall is certainly the Most Ill fitting EU league for Iranian players to join...!!
                  also like i've said many times prior, EPL may not be the BEST League in the world..!!? , but consistently it has certainly proven to be the Most Challenging Football league in the world ..!! On & especially so off the pitch ..!
                  Besides Best is such a subjective term and depends on too many variables, and what certain folks view as the most important on those variables..!
                  and yes even Ashkan's spell was by enlarge a failed one..! just look at how many minutes he featured for Fulham Compared to available minutes .... !? From my recollections he was benched far more than available for game days and I followed his whole career there ..!
                  IMO he coulda well amassed a far more impressive EU career had he stayed in BL or moved to Italy or Spain...!(deservedly so too..!)
                  The minutes he missed were generally due to injury issues. When he was fit, he was in favour.

Comment

Potter sounds like a broken record. This time he literally said he understands if Alireza wants to leave LOL...
                    http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...g-for-a-place/

I was shocked when Knockaert left... now I completely understand him.

Comment

dejagah did all he could for fulham, but aj need to do something for himself badly

Comment

I love Jahanbakhsh he is such a good kid and I still believe he will be one of our best legionnaires in his career - through both his work ethic and his talent. For me, he is already a star and I know he will shine once more.

But I don't get this vitriol towards Potter. What do people want him to say or do?

He's got an abject Championship-tier side not only playing much better than they did last season (which isn't hard, admittedly) but also into 8th position in the Premier League - they will be 5th if they win tomorrow, leapfrogging Arsenal. Playing two little guys up front and dumping the deadweight Murray, putting a lanky centre back into left back with good results - all his gambles seem to have payed off in a similar way to some of the stuff he did at Ostersunds.

Of course I'm disappointed that JB isn't playing or on the bench, but why would he change a formula which is working? And of course Potter wants to keep his options open so he will be saying good things about JB, it's going to be a long season so at some point he will need him towards the later stages of the season when injuries start happening. Plus he still wants to retain some value when they move JB on, so it benefits everyone if he says good thing about a player who trains very well but is manifestly lacking confidence in matches.

So yes, I want JB to leave BHA (and go on loan to AZ preferably) but criticisng Potter seems a bit ridiculous- I don't have any particular warm feeling for the guy but he's again doing a good job for a small side.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          I love Jahanbakhsh he is such a good kid and I still believe he will be one of our best legionnaires in his career - through both his work ethic and his talent. For me, he is already a star and I know he will shine once more.
                          But I don't get this vitriol towards Potter. What do people want him to say or do?
                          He's got an abject Championship-tier side not only playing much better than they did last season (which isn't hard, admittedly) but also into 8th position in the Premier League - they will be 5th if they win tomorrow, leapfrogging Arsenal. Playing two little guys up front and dumping the deadweight Murray, putting a lanky centre back into left back with good results - all his gambles seem to have payed off in a similar way to some of the stuff he did at Ostersunds.
                          Of course I'm disappointed that JB isn't playing or on the bench, but why would he change a formula which is working? And of course Potter wants to keep his options open so he will be saying good things about JB, it's going to be a long season so at some point he will need him towards the later stages of the season when injuries start happening. Plus he still wants to retain some value when they move JB on, so it benefits everyone if he says good thing about a player who trains very well but is manifestly lacking confidence in matches.
                          So yes, I want JB to leave BHA (and go on loan to AZ preferably) but criticisng Potter seems a bit ridiculous- I don't have any particular warm feeling for the guy but he's again doing a good job for a small side.
                          I agree with most of what you wrote here. But your argument for Potter experimenting/gambling with lineup changes is the very reason we're not happy with him. He is clearly moving and shaking things around, so why not give ARJ a chance as well? No starts/minutes in an EPL game this season for ARJ when he's giving minutes left and right to new comers makes no sense. Yes, his "formula" is working, but it did not early on, and he had to find the right combination of players. But he did so without including ARJ in the mix or even giving him a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            I agree with most of what you wrote here. But your argument for Potter experimenting/gambling with lineup changes is the very reason we're not happy with him. He is clearly moving and shaking things around, so why not give ARJ a chance as well? No starts/minutes in an EPL game this season for ARJ when he's giving minutes left and right to new comers makes no sense. Yes, his "formula" is working, but it did not early on, and he had to find the right combination of players. But he did so without including ARJ in the mix or even giving him a chance.
                            I take your point and in my heart I agree with you... if he is experimenting, why not bring on JB and give him a chance to prove himself...?

But I guess from another perspective, JB is completely shot of confidence and has not done well with the pressure on him. If he gives him a start and again he gets the hate of the fans (we all know JB is a sensitive soul) then that could destroy him.

Potter has only just come in, so he wants to make his mark and I guess that's easier to do by starting the confident/exuberantly youthful players than rehabilitating someone who has been struggling....

Of course I want JB to start, play well and move to another team - but they are playing much better than last season and are a result tomorrow away from European positions. Whatever the dude Potter is doing, its working....

Comment

Disappointed that Brighton haven’t given ARJ a chance to even play with the reserves, at least if they are not gonna play him in the first team let him get the opportunity to keep his fitness up if he is called upon. Plus if he got a few goals there would have done his confidence good.
                              Look he is much better than Brighton reserves but all signs are pointing to them not wanting him to get injured so they can sell him.

Comment

I think it’s time for Persianfootball mafia to attack Brighton’s forums

Comment

Working...
                                X