Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
    Good to see that i'm not the only one who noticed. Dont get me wrong, I think Ramin is a great player, but he needs guidance and needs to quit the primadonna bullshit. Otherwise, we need to have him replaced.
    no, he is not a great player at all. He was simply better than the other garbage options available to cq at rB. I think he was planning on replacing him with sadegh who then got injured before AC.

the only reason ramin looked good, and indeed did play well at WC was because he had ARJ or taremi as another right back literally right on top of him at all times. His weaknesses were cleverly shielded by CQ

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
      My comments on this game;

One of the best games I have seen from TM in a very long time.

Iran dominated and out shot Korea on their home turf.

The new coach is encouraging player creativity instead of strict adherence to player roles in tactical plans.

This has emancipated players greatly and you can see that on the attacking combinations between Tarmei/Ansarifard/Jahanbakhsh.

If Marc can stay on track and not get distracted I can see Iran in the 1/4 finals of the WC in 2022.
      Sounds like we watched different games. I wouldnt call that a domination by us whatsoever. We were hesitant in our plays and didn't keep possession nearly as long and effectively as the Koreans.

If we keep this up, yes we will go to the WC, but I dont see us getting passed the group stages. If we are going to play attacking football, we need to build our midfield and defense stronger being that they are going to be less dense back there.
      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Alipour and Nourollahi suck. At least Nourollahi had a good shot on target, but Alipour is pure garbage. I‘m saying this as a perspolisi, no way he should play in Team Melli. Torabi also didn‘t impress much. Can‘t wait to have Ghoddos, Azmun and Gholizadeh back.

Comment

You must have a short memory but I can remember.

Iran vs Japan AFC Asian Cup Semi-Finals.

Iran lost 3-0 with the worst defensive display for Iran in over 25 years.

1st japan goal : stupid, unprofessional lapse of concentration by our defender - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

2nd Japan goal: harsh penalty call - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

3rd Japan goal: 90th minute with Iran down 2-0, had to risk everything - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

I still don't understand how people are blaming CQ for this loss, when we were clearly in the game, and even had the best scoring chance (Azmoun) up until our defender decided to stop playing before the ref blew the whistle.

You can't blame CQ for this lapse of concentration either: it's clearly evident in our teamwork and tactical discipline, that Carlos Queiroz did a great job of instilling discipline and concentration into our players, but unfortunately, one or two players got too emotional and made this individual mistake - it's also in our culture to get too emotional sometimes, and it showed during this game. Even the analysts clearly stated "it seems that Japan is just the more emotionally disciplined side"

The commentator also said "Iran have been 100% focused during this entire tournament, up until that lapse of concentration"

CQ did everything he could and shouldn't be blamed at all for this loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
            Can‘t wait to have Ghoddos, Azmun and Gholizadeh back.
            THIS. Especially Gholizadeh because last time he played for team Melli he really impressed. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he will do again.
            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
              1st japan goal : stupid, unprofessional lapse of concentration by our defender - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

2nd Japan goal: harsh penalty call - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

3rd Japan goal: 90th minute with Iran down 2-0, had to risk everything - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

I still don't understand how people are blaming CQ for this loss, when we were clearly in the game, and even had the best scoring chance (Azmoun) up until our defender decided to stop playing before the ref blew the whistle.

You can't blame CQ for this lapse of concentration either: it's clearly evident in our teamwork and tactical discipline, that Carlos Queiroz did a great job of instilling discipline and concentration into our players, but unfortunately, one or two players got too emotional and made this individual mistake - it's also in our culture to get too emotional sometimes, and it showed during this game. Even the analysts clearly stated "it seems that Japan is just the more emotionally disciplined side"

The commentator also said "Iran have been 100% focused during this entire tournament, up until that lapse of concentration"

CQ did everything he could and shouldn't be blamed at all for this loss.
              LOL..did you just make a whole post defending CQ when no one blamed him to begin with? Im pretty sure everyone agrees that it was our defense alone that fucked up that game for us.
              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

We got one of the best sports psychologists around but in the end it wasn’t enough on the day. Sad to see as our team’s discipline and composure had been faultless for an unreal amount of time.

But beri beri is trolling. Needs some Thiamine

Comment

I hope Willy is a smart couch and soon realize we need to make some fundamental changes in the team. He almost needs to invest in a brand new team. Too bad he joined a little late and couldnt look at the domestic league. Team needs to find a solid centre back. PAG is shaky at best, on the right side of defense there is a big hole. Ramin not a fit anymore. We have a few good midfielders that we are relying on now, most won't be around for the next WC. Time to change is now. Masoud has to gracefully say goodbye. Frankly I don't know why is he even invited. Alipour is not going to be a TM material, invite other potential strickers ..there are quite a number in the league. Bring Shekari to TM now.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    He did get one of the best sports psychologists around but in the end it wasn’t enough on the day. Sad to see as our team’s discipline and composure had been faultless for an unreal amount of time.

But beri beri is trolling. Needs some Thiamine
                    I am reporting you to admin for trolling Dr. Moosh Gharib.

I did not mention CQ once.

YOU need to stop bringing up CQ in every post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                      I hope Willy is a smart couch and soon realize we need to make some fundamental changes in the team. He almost needs to invest in a brand new team. Too bad he joined a little late and couldnt look at the domestic league. Team needs to find a solid centre back. PAG is shaky at best, on the right side of defense there is a big hole. Ramin not a fit anymore. We have a few good midfielders that we are relying on now, most won't be around for the next WC. Time to change is now. Masoud has to gracefully say goodbye. Frankly I don't know why is he even invited. Alipour is not going to be a TM material, invite other potential strickers ..there are quite a number in the league. Bring Shekari to TM now.
                      To be fair, he was hampered by injuries. I am sure wilmots doesnt see this as our main team. Azmoun will return so alipour/ansarifard/etc will be inconsequential. Ghoddos is a key piece who will start. Gholizadeh is a key piece that will for sure play a big role. Ezatolahi is nowhere near match fit yet, but in a few months I am sure he will be. Majid was out today, he is the new leader of the backline. Thats 5 starters right there. Add moharrami into the mix as a potential ramin replacement and that would be 6 new players.

No need to overreact about wilmots testing out some backups while the aforementioned namese are unavailable.

Comment

Stop hijacking the thread. I think everybody on the forum is fed up with you 6 year old antics.

Comment

Missed the game but saw the highlights. We had more chances on their goal than every other Korea game under CQ combined. People seem to forget that when we played them away we would have like one or two chances on goal because we would park the bus and they would massively dominate possession against us. Also those who say we were so exposed forget games like the Turkey friendly and Japan in Asian Cup when we stopped parking the bus.

Fact is, CQ was a defensive coach and we benefitted from the defensive physical game but we need to move on from that. I like the new style. Our defense isn’t the problem and besides the rustiness, we actually defended well when they got close to our goal...same thing as when we would park the bus in Korea. Midfield is a huge problem and we really need to fix that. This is why we see so much sloppiness and chances created for the other team. Hopefully by bringing in some young guys like Shekari, Sharifi (don’t know how he’s coming along) we will fix the midfield issue. Offensively we looked great.

Comment

People are tired of you dude

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              Stop hijacking the thread. I think everybody on the forum is fed up with you 6 year old antics.
                              You need to stop responding to something that has nothing to do with you.

I posted my impressions of the game without mentioning any names.

People like yourself comeback and start bringing up CQ.

I ask anyone to go back and show me when I mentioned CQ before a known CQ groupie accused me of trolling.

Admin please ask these members to stop trolling by bringing up CQ's name in every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                People are tired of you dude
                                No people are tired of the likes of you.

You need to stop trolling.

Admin please warn these people.

Comment

Working...
                                X