No announcement yet.

Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when we used to play korea and they wouldnt even get a shot on goal nevermind a goal hit the post and dominate play

Good times
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Obviously our defense is going to be under more pressure when playing more offensively, it'll take a while to adapt to new tactics, but overall a good friendly test for us
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Kannani with the CL Finalist!

Comment

We were playing with virtually with our B team with 1st team players such as Azmoun, Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Majid, Ashkan missing and a band new coach and still had a good showing on the field, and still the koreans could not beat us with their A team.

The Koreans threw everything at us and were determined to win. I remember at one point even Son was urging the crowd to get invovled and make noise, it was that important to them. However TM players played with cool heads, in the whole game we had 3 fouls to their 10. And thanks to Beinavand for the great showing to keep us in the game, he has again proved that he is the no.1 goalie at the moment for Iran.

Comment

Lets make something clear here. He chose CQ lists cuz he had no other choices, so don't expect team melli to play with this list in future. 40% of those players will be crossed out of the list. Starting from Shojaei , Ashkan to Karim, amiri and kanaani .

What i sense is that our IFF or whoever is in charge has told him what PP fans want from him and thats why he has chosen Alipoor and played risky like today.

If we play like this in future with that level of deffense then we all should expect some 3 - 4 goal losses .

Comment

I don‘t think that Dejagah, Karim or Kanani will be gone anytime soon. Dejagah is still our best midfielder, Kanani is a solid Defender and Ansarifard has great passing and vision! We are in no position to just push aside some great players!

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                I don‘t think that Dejagah, Karim or Kanani will be gone anytime soon. Dejagah is still our best midfielder, Kanani is a solid Defender and Ansarifard has great passing and vision! We are in no position to just push aside some great players!
                Maybe karim ansarifard but Dejagah will be 35 years old for Qatar WC . And for kananizadegan, the dude is shaky, I prefer hosseini and cheshmi over him . Kanani plays for machinesazi fc .

We have to wait and see but i think wilmots will start a new list for his tactics. What we saw today was basically CQ list for AFC .

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                  We were playing with virtually with our B team with 1st team players such as Azmoun, Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Majid, Ashkan missing and a band new coach and still had a good showing on the field, and still the koreans could not beat us with their A team.

The Koreans threw everything at us and were determined to win. I remember at one point even Son was urging the crowd to get invovled and make noise, it was that important to them. However TM players played with cool heads, in the whole game we had 3 fouls to their 10. And thanks to Beinavand for the great showing to keep us in the game, he has again proved that he is the no.1 goalie at the moment for Iran.
                  Hardly a B team. This was our A team minus Azmoun and Saman.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    Hardly a B team. This was our A team minus Azmoun and Saman.
                    This was our A team minus Azmoun, Saman, and Majid Hosseini. We were not able to use Dejagah, Gholizadeh, and Kaveh Rezaei. Korea was not able to use very a few players same as us as well.

Comment

Genuinely intrigued as to where this B-team stuff is coming from? We've never called our team minus 2-3 star players a "B team" before, is this something which is being promulgated in the media?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Genuinely intrigued as to where this B-team stuff is coming from? We've never called our team minus 2-3 star players a "B team" before, is this something which is being promulgated in the media?
                        Isn't that a normal conclusion if arguably 5 to 6 first team players (if you include ezatollahi who is not match fit) were not available to play? We would be saying it was Korea's B team if 5-6 of their potential starting players were missing, why not with TM then?

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                          First, you haven't even watched the whole game yet and I doubt if you have the stats of all games with Korea under CQ combined ...but you make such a profound statement .. you sound like a typical Iranian who argues based on no facts.
                          That said, why should you even make the comparison. Nobody is counting and nobody should because this is a new phase for TM and everything has it's own merit. There was not a magic button that the new couch discovered in one week at the job which he pressed and all of a sudden bang. We are a better team. This team is still 70-80% legacy CQ system. Transition takes time and right players. CQ Built his team ground up. Picked his players one by one and dropped the ones he didn't see a fit. ...that is what needs to happen in order for the team to transition into a new model. Having shojaie in the team is no transition.
                          First of all I'm not arguing anything. Also I'm not an anti-CQ so you don't have to defend him to me. I loved CQ and I'm not criticizing him. I basically said the same thing as you. This is a new phase and the difference in our team's style showed. I am happy with this new phase. I was responding to people in the thread who said we played badly or our defense was terrible. I was saying it's not terrible, just that we played much more open and attacking than we have under CQ against Korea in every game, which is why they had more opportunities to get shots off and get near our goal. It's a fact, sorry you got butthurt.

That said, gotta be real. We played 3 games away against Korea I believe under CQ and we barely had any chances and gave them the lion's share of possession. Agree with you that the differences must be put into context but the stats are what they are .

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                            Isn't that a normal conclusion if arguably 5 to 6 first team players (if you include ezatollahi who is not match fit) were not available to play? We would be saying it was Korea's B team if 5-6 of their potential starting players were missing, why not with TM then?
                            If 5-6 players are missing it's not a B team, whether Iran or Korea. Am not sure where this is coming from personally, because I don't think we've ever used this before. My only theory is that it's been a while since we used an actual B team for a game (I think Oceano led the B team in 2015 once but i've forgotten the opponent).

B team is a distinct squad, I used to watch some of England B games live in the 90s and they had 2-3 players who were from the A but were lacking in form. The rest were the next best players after the best squad of 23.

For Iran, we have used our B team for certain secondary tournaments.

This was Iran's B team in the 2005 Islamic Solidarity Games, as you can see it is mostly the second tier of mid-2000 players with a few up and coming players who would get into the A team shortly:

Ershad Yousefi
                            Vahid Talebloo
                            Amir Hossein Yousefi
                            Sattar Zare
                            Javad Shirzad
                            Ali Ghorbani
                            Hamid Reza Farzaneh
                            Mohammad Navazi
                            Mehrdad Oladi
                            Fereydoon Fazli
                            Asghar Rameshgar
                            Ali Ashourizad
                            Pejman Nouri
                            Yadollah Akbari
                            Ebrahim Taghipour
                            Mojtaba Jabbari
                            Reza Haj-Osbouei
                            Amir Hossein Sadeghi
                            Masoud Shojaei
                            Mehdi Rajabzadeh
                            Andranik Teymourian
                            Hamidreza Zohani

This was Iran's B team for the 2007 WAFF.

Hassan ROUDBARIAN
                            Sepehr HEYDARI
                            Mojtaba SHIRI
                            Hashim BEIGZADEH
                            Jalal HOSSEINI
                            Kianoush RAHMATI
                            Maysam BAEO
                            Maziar ZARE
                            Hossein BADAMAKI
                            Mehdi RAJABZADEH
                            Milad MEYDAVOUDI
                            Amir SHAPOURZADEH
                            Khosrow HEYDARI
                            Saber MIRGHORBANI

Comment

Originally posted by aram View Post
                              Poor game plan, if any available at all and dissolved defense line. Nice to hear we want to play an offensive style but at what cost? We were lucky to draw the game and owe it all to individual class of every single player only.
                              I couldn't decipher our game plan and couldn't find any team work at all. God may be merciful with us for upcoming matches. Amen
                              I don't think we were lucky to draw. Their goal was more of a lucky goal than ours.
                              Even when we fell behind, I had a good feeling of us being able to score. Our offense was better, better passing, more pressure up front.

Comment

Koreans did not know what formation we play, what they knew was our players.
                                They have studied every one of our players and are fully aware of their tendencies, strength and weakness.

Comment

Working...
                                X