No announcement yet.

Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna add just one thing i loooove to see how important it is for the koreans to break our winning streak against them!
    after the equalizer you could see how broken they were it means so much to them to beat us again just love the rivalery with them! and cudos to them that they play against us not like japan or australia!!
    Bollywood

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
      1st japan goal : stupid, unprofessional lapse of concentration by our defender - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

2nd Japan goal: harsh penalty call - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

3rd Japan goal: 90th minute with Iran down 2-0, had to risk everything - nothing to do with Carlos Queiroz

I still don't understand how people are blaming CQ for this loss, when we were clearly in the game, and even had the best scoring chance (Azmoun) up until our defender decided to stop playing before the ref blew the whistle.

You can't blame CQ for this lapse of concentration either: it's clearly evident in our teamwork and tactical discipline, that Carlos Queiroz did a great job of instilling discipline and concentration into our players, but unfortunately, one or two players got too emotional and made this individual mistake - it's also in our culture to get too emotional sometimes, and it showed during this game. Even the analysts clearly stated "it seems that Japan is just the more emotionally disciplined side"

The commentator also said "Iran have been 100% focused during this entire tournament, up until that lapse of concentration"

CQ did everything he could and shouldn't be blamed at all for this loss.
      YOu could partially blame CQ by saying he should have used Montazeri in that game instead of the inexperienced Kanaani.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
        LOL..did you just make a whole post defending CQ when no one blamed him to begin with? Im pretty sure everyone agrees that it was our defense alone that fucked up that game for us.
        Maybe if you paid attention to the post I was responding to, you wouldn't have trouble understanding what I was arguing against.

They were claiming that the loss to Japan was "the worst defensive display from Iran in 25 years" , obviously putting the blame on CQ, as he claimed our overall defensive display was horrible.

There are others who also blame CQ for that loss, when he couldn't have done anything about the goals.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
          Maybe if you paid attention to the post I was responding to, you wouldn't have trouble understanding what I was arguing against.

They were claiming that the loss to Japan was "the worst defensive display from Iran in 25 years" , obviously putting the blame on CQ, as he claimed our overall defensive display was horrible.

There are others who also blame CQ for that loss, when he couldn't have done anything about the goals.
          Im not going to fish through 25 pages of posts to try and figure out who said what. Usually its good practice to quote the post you are responding to so people "wouldnt have trouble understanding" you.

That being said, I am still not finding where anyone, including the person you quoted, said anything remotely close to blaming the Japan loss on CQ. I think its a pretty unanimous decision on this forum that it was a defensive mistake (in which the blame lies strictly on the players).
          #WilmotsOUT

Comment

https://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=539548

The game was dead even.

Both Korea and Iran had 6 shots on goal.

Comment

hmmm wonder why Jahanbakhsh came out early for second half...he was doing pretty good...we still need ghodos and sardar and ezzatolahi for serious games..but good game..hope we get more goood friendlies too fix the defense

Comment

Just watched the match now as I couldn't watch live. Unusual to see Iran play and so many chances being created on either side. Quite entertaining. Not sure how far we can go with such holes in defense, but at least we'll see a lot of goals in the next years .

Comment

Originally posted by tehroonieh MD View Post
                  It's a damn crime that Beiro is not playing for a top European side.
                  It's mainly a political thing.

Biro can start on any team in English, French, German, Spain or Italian league.

I hope he aims high and does not end up in a 2nd or 3rd rate EU league.

But money talks so I can not blame him if he takes the ca$h wherever it comes from.

Comment

1. Fantastic first half by TM.
                    2. Lousy second half by TM.
                    3. Yes, in an attacking style, you lose defensive power = Frequent defensive mistakes = First goal scored by Korea after many years!
                    4. We were extremely lucky that the Koreans themselves scored the equalizer! Wished the Iranian TV commentators $hut up about "with CQ, with Wilmots, we don't lose to Korea".
                    5. For the first time after many years, I saw TM out of breath, losing engine power after 60 minutes. I hope we are not going back to that type of football by changing our style.
                    6. I liked the combination of Ebrahimi-Haji Safi more than when Ezatollahi came in.
                    7. With a little luck we could have beaten them by several goals. With a little lack of luck, they could have beaten us by several goals. I hope we are not gonna go back to the times when "luck" was a decisive factor for us.
                    8. BTW, I bet the Koreans were cut by surprised. They were not used to this style of TM and it showed in the first half!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Warning issued to you both!

@ DR - he didn't bring up CQ here, please stop fishing for an irrelevant argument.

@ Beri - you're on thin ice, you have done enough trolling on the boards for a while. here is your official notice - you've been warned before and I'm giving you one last chance. you are in no position to tell ppl not to get involved in covos on this board....in case you forgot that is what a forum is for. Next infraction will result in a few weeks off for you
                      And I am expecting that expressing my opinion on TM does not get interpreted about trolling about CQ.

CQ is gone, I have no desire to discuss anything about him.

But It seems to me when I say something positive about TM now it gets interpreted as if I am taking a dig at CQ.

Some people here are too sensitive about anything CQ, it's not very normal

Here is a very relevant note about this subject that everyone should read:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/161706...B7%D9%81%D8%A7

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                        Im not going to fish through 25 pages of posts to try and figure out who said what. Usually its good practice to quote the post you are responding to so people "wouldnt have trouble understanding" you.
                        That being said, I am still not finding where anyone, including the person you quoted, said anything remotely close to blaming the Japan loss on CQ. I think its a pretty unanimous decision on this forum that it was a defensive mistake (in which the blame lies strictly on the players).
                        The person I quoted called the japan match, "the worst defensive display in 25 years" / something very similar along those lines.

This wording clearly shows that they were speaking of the overall defensive performance, not just one individual mistake.

I'm also not going to fish through posts made during /after our loss to Japan, but there were multiple members here, putting the blame on CQ's tactics for our loss.

Believe it or not, it's not unanimously decided on this forum, that it wasn't CQ's fault.

Comment

I think overall given 2nd game and missing starters it was great.
                          Ansarifard is done
                          Sardar missing
                          Ashkan missing
                          Ghoddos missing
                          Personally a big fan of gholi - missing
                          Ezzi doesn’t seem to have a place in this formation given inclination for 1 DM and one that’s a bit more attack minded aka haji

Comment

Also, Korea made it to U20 final ... troubling

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                              Also, Korea made it to U20 final ... troubling
                              Good on them, I respect them as rivals. Hopefully they win the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                                Missed the game but saw the highlights. We had more chances on their goal than every other Korea game under CQ combined. .....
                                First, you haven't even watched the whole game yet and I doubt if you have the stats of all games with Korea under CQ combined ...but you make such a profound statement .. you sound like a typical Iranian who argues based on no facts.
                                That said, why should you even make the comparison. Nobody is counting and nobody should because this is a new phase for TM and everything has it's own merit. There was not a magic button that the new couch discovered in one week at the job which he pressed and all of a sudden bang. We are a better team. This team is still 70-80% legacy CQ system. Transition takes time and right players. CQ Built his team ground up. Picked his players one by one and dropped the ones he didn't see a fit. ...that is what needs to happen in order for the team to transition into a new model. Having shojaie in the team is no transition.

Comment

Working...
                                X