Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only got to watch the last 25 minutes.

Note- are not as solid defensively. Our pushing up was good to do.

We gave away the ball a lot though while in possession. I dont think our players are used to being pressed on the ball.

Comment

Didn't watch the game but I looked at the stats and we had more shots and more of the ball not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
        Didn't watch the game but I looked at the stats and we had more shots and more of the ball not by much.
        Stats are a bit deceiving at times. South Korea was more effective while in possession. We looked a bit haphazard when in possession.
        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
          You must have a short memory but I can remember.

Iran vs Japan AFC Asian Cup Semi-Finals.

Iran lost 3-0 with the worst defensive display for Iran in over 25 years.
          Even against Japan they defended well for most of the game. It was the lapse in concentration of PAG and Kanaani for their stupid protest and then hand ball that threw the game away

Comment

Beiranvand was world class.

Our first touches and passes were a little bit off today even if it was better after the first 20 min.

Comment

Iran played exceptional. This is the kind of game I have desperately been seeking to see from Iran, attacking style. Sure as some have mentioned our defense may have lacked a bit. But that is obvious in an attacking style. You guys were so used to the pack the bus style ala CQ and thought we had a world class defense. That is complete BS. I am already in love with Wiltmos and I see a very bright future for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                I knew this wasnt going to be an easy game. I dont know why so many here thought it was going to be a walk in the park.

A couple of things I was wondering and maybe someone here has insight on.

-Before the game, I posted praising Ramin on his "hustle" and how he is always playing deep offense for an RB. However, it seemed as if that was a weakness this time around. The right was literally a gaping hole and the Koreans were definitely capitalizing on that. Would you guys say he is playing his position properly?

- It looked as if we had NO ONE in the midfield. I know we are playing attacking football now, but it really doesn't help when we cant get the ball to our forwards. Did anyone else notice this or am i delusional.

All in all, im so glad we tied. Very close game, and MW has a lot of work ahead of him.
                no, ramin is a massive liability. Its not hustle at all. He thinks hes prime cafu and goes charging 40 yards up the pitch and leaves a massive hole behind him. He did it against japan too and all goals came from his side. The sooner he is moved on the better. Did the same thing in oostende and was released in a year.

Comment

My comments on this game;

One of the best games I have seen from TM in a very long time.

Iran dominated and out shot Korea on their home turf.

The new coach is encouraging player creativity instead of strict adherence to player roles in tactical plans.

This has emancipated players greatly and you can see that on the attacking combinations between Tarmei/Ansarifard/Jahanbakhsh.

If Marc can stay on track and not get distracted I can see Iran in the 1/4 finals of the WC in 2022.

Comment

And I encourage all the members who had nothing, I emphasize nothing, but bad comments in these
                    pages about the players and the way TM played to watch these highlights and then go back and read their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      no, ramin is a massive liability. Its not hustle at all. He thinks hes prime cafu and goes charging 40 yards up the pitch and leaves a massive hole behind him. He did it against japan too and all goals came from his side. The sooner he is moved on the better. Did the same thing in oostende and was released in a year.
                      Good to see that i'm not the only one who noticed. Dont get me wrong, I think Ramin is a great player, but he needs guidance and needs to quit the primadonna bullshit. Otherwise, we need to have him replaced.
                      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

I wish we saw more of Alipour, looked real sharp when he came on and outpaced players from their defense. But he should be played as a winger... maybe instead of Torabi...?

Comment

My comments on this game;

One of the best games I have seen from TM in a very long time.

Iran dominated and out shot Korea on their home turf.

The new coach is encouraging player creativity instead of strict adherence to player roles in tactical plans.

This has emancipated players greatly and you can see that on the attacking combinations between Tarmei/Ansarifard/Jahanbakhsh.

If Marc can stay on track and not get distracted I can see Iran in the 1/4 finals of the WC in 2022.
                          All I have to say to this is HELL YEAH.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            I wish we saw more of Alipour, looked real sharp when he came on and outpaced players from their defense. But he should be played as a winger... maybe instead of Torabi...?
                            I was excited with Alipour came on. Its a shame he wasnt too effective. Hopefully next time he gets to start sooner/play longer.

This first goal is exactly what I am talking about with Ramin. Look at his positioning.
                            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              Even against Japan they defended well for most of the game. It was the lapse in concentration of PAG and Kanaani for their stupid protest and then hand ball that threw the game away
                              My friend I don't know how you measure defensive effectiveness.

But when you lose 3-0, you are not defending well by any measure.

Comment

You must have a short memory but I can remember.
                                Iran vs Japan AFC Asian Cup Semi-Finals.
                                Iran lost 3-0 with the worst defensive display for Iran in over 25 years.
                                Iran-Mexico remains the sloppiest our defense has ever been. 1 goalkeeper miskick combo with a Centerback giveaway/slip, 1 open cross header won by a player shorter than any of us, and an empty backpost tap in. With much stronger CBs as well.
                                Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                He had one possession where he ran past the defenders to the corner and then tried to take on 2 defenders and gave the ball up. Have to see more from him before making a judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X