Croatian coaches in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    South American are the best for TM. These guys deal with so much bs with federations there and yet they get the most out of their talents against all odds. These guys would do wonders with our gol kuchik mentality. Can you imagine Dunga, Scolari, Pekerman, or Tabarez as TM coaches???

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Given the type of players we normally have I feel a German coach would suit us well. Our players don't have the flair or physical aggressiveness of South American players but have the team buildup and offensive mindedness of Germans.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
      I hate it when people disrespect coaches/players with insults like that.

Branko is a very successful coach for Asia. He just was not ready when he became TM coach and his failings in team management were a major reason why we did poorly in 2006.

Whether he is a better coach than GN is debatable...GNs record in IPL/PGL stands up very well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
      Truly good coaches succeed on the international stage. Ghalenoei never made it past the quarterfinals in the AFC CL although he had numerous attempts. Branko reached the final. There you can see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post

Truly good coaches succeed on the international stage. Ghalenoei never made it past the quarterfinals in the AFC CL although he had numerous attempts. Branko reached the final. There you can see the difference.
        Great point of argument.

Persepolis has resources and government and fan support in excess of all other teams. As a result, it gets the best players and the best administrations . And Persepolis has the management to keep coaches for many years so they can develop the team.

By your argument then Yahya is a better coach than Branko and the best since AFC competition, having achieved the finals in fewer attempts and without Mehdi.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post

Given the type of players we normally have I feel a German coach would suit us well. Our players don't have the flair or physical aggressiveness of South American players but have the team buildup and offensive mindedness of Germans.
          Not the flair but definitely the physical aggressiveness is possible if you look at the peak phalanx/tortoiseshell in 2018

I don't think Iran will ever reach the levels of Uruguay in this but still the fighting and showing aggressiveness for each other and for the coach and country can be maximised with the right leadership.

But I'm surprised why there has never been a German coach despite so many of our players having made links there and some growing up there. Would have been nice for Ali Daei to bring someone like Dariusz Wosz to build us some deep-lying playmakers because at the moment we are so far behind in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Not the flair but definitely the physical aggressiveness is possible if you look at the peak phalanx/tortoiseshell in 2018

I don't think Iran will ever reach the levels of Uruguay in this but still the fighting and showing aggressiveness for each other and for the coach and country can be maximised with the right leadership.

But I'm surprised why there has never been a German coach despite so many of our players having made links there and some growing up there. Would have been nice for Ali Daei to bring someone like Dariusz Wosz to build us some deep-lying playmakers because at the moment we are so far behind in that position.
            We are still far away from that level of physical aggressiveness. I'm talking about lining up 11 Mojtaba Moharramis.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

ze germanz may not be charismatic enough to manage a lengthy enough of tenure in order to leave a discernible impact at TM..?
              they typically have pretty cut n dry personalities which clash with more passionate, hotblooded folks like us..? besides its highly doubtful IFF could attract in a promising german coach, and even if they do, they are unlikely to put up with with IFF constant bs and probably quit before they get anything going...!??
              on the plus side, TM could certainly learn a thing or two from them in terms of Professional approach to games, Mental Toughness, Tactical Discipline, Physical Fitness, no nonsense off field behavior and general Professional Approach to the game .!!

Our best short term on the cheap improvement strategy (IFF specialty) should be to lure in Top level Fitness coaches and pair them with somewhat charismatic and at least semi- tactically knowledgeable coaches... !!

The biggest general shortcoming for our TM is PROPER Physical Fitness and Adequate Stamina levels to play full 90 and top levels of competition..!! at the moment, i can only think of Only 1 player (Taremi) we got that is truly at top international level of playing fitness and stamina..!! thus why most the rest either can't attract top level club interest or when they do they can not retain a regular starting status for their clubs and are mostly situational subs..!!

Comment

I think we had a German coach for the u23 squad in 1999/2000 and he was horrible.

Comment

We are still far away from that level of physical aggressiveness. I'm talking about lining up 11 Mojtaba Moharramis.
                  We need to finish the game with 11 players ! With a Moharrami style player in modern football, he’d be booted out by minute 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

We need to finish the game with 11 players ! With a Moharrami style player in modern football, he’d be booted out by minute 15.
                    Well Moharrami is an extreme but still I'd like to see more intimidating players. Think of it this way: Nekounam was a great player but not very physically intimidating. Dejagah is/was a great player and is/was physically intimidating.

Comment

Working...
                    X