Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Nicolas Pepe's transfer to Arsenal, Lille sign Victor Osimhen as his replacement from Charleroi!
    Does that open the door for Gholizadeh to get more opportunities or even possibly open the door for Kaveh's return?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Japanese players come with huge tv sponsorships. If you don’t think that factors into these transfers, then I hear Nikbakht is going to Atletico Madrid.
      I don't completely agree with you on this Ostad,
      Yes that may play a part but the reality is most of their players actually gets reasonable playing time in top leagues.
      At the end it is all depends to the quality of players. Saudi did that few years a go by sending bunch of players to Spain. What happened at the end? Dast az pa deraztar bargashtan!!
      Japon salhaaat ke khodesho az Asia kande!!!
      It is all about professionalism and mentality. Our two best strikers in last few decades(beside Daei) are still in 2nd rates European leagues and one just got transfered to some half ass team in Portugal and we all(including myself) are happy that he finally got the hell out of Qatar!!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        I don't completely agree with you on this Ostad,
        Yes that may play a part but the reality is most of their players actually gets reasonable playing time in top leagues.
        At the end it is all depends to the quality of players. Saudi did that few years a go by sending bunch of players to Spain. What happened at the end? Dast az pa deraztar bargashtan!!
        Japon salhaaat ke khodesho az Asia kande!!!
        It is all about professionalism and mentality. Our two best strikers in last few decades(beside Daei) are still in 2nd rates European leagues and one just got transfered to some half ass team in Portugal and we all(including myself) are happy that he finally got the hell out of Qatar!!!!

It's more about the willingness of Euro clubs to give these Japanese players a chance due the clubs' decreased financial risk. Sure, some of these players may pay off from a football sense, but many dont.

The fact is, TV rights, along with merchandising rights, probably offset Japanese players transfer fees and wages for Euro clubs, which makes them much more attractive. Obviously, there are no such monetization streams with Iranians, significantly increasing their risk.

Iran and Japan are very even from a national team's perspective. So it doesn't make sense that they have 20 players in top leagues, and we have one, if it's purely from a footballing perspective. There are inarguably other factors in play.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          Iran and Japan are very even from a national team's perspective. So it doesn't make sense that they have 20 players in top leagues, and we have one, if it's purely from a footballing perspective. There are inarguably other factors in play.
          They are not man, lets not fool ourselves, they are in every department a head of us, planning, facilities, training, mentality, professionalism, call it. Look at what they achieved in last 30 years and what we have done? You can't even compare it dude. Sent a pretty much young team to AC that humiliated us and made it to AC final, sent a very very young team to Copa America which did Ok considering the majority of players were U23.
          10 years we struggled to export a player to a top league and they are sending tons, even China exported one to La Liga who played in CL qualification few days a go with Espanyol.

Comment

They are not man, lets not fool ourselves, they are in every department a head of us, planning, facilities, training, mentality, professionalism, call it. Look at what they achieved in last 30 years and what we have done? You can't even compare it dude. Sent a pretty much young team to AC that humiliated us and made it to AC final, sent a very very young team to Copa America which did Ok considering the majority of players were U23.
            10 years we struggled to export a player to a top league and they are sending tons, even China exported one to La Liga who played in CL qualification few days a go with Espanyol.
            come on man it was europa league. We have had players playing in CL (ezatolahi, azmoun, kaveh) regularly in recent years. Europa league we have also had ghoddos killing arsenal, hertha, gala, ARJ, now Majid, ramin for oostende vs marseille, etc, etc. No need to compare to china.

I agree it is underwhelming from days of daei, kia, karimi taking over bundesliga. But those days are gone. Those guys were top talents. Out of our current guys only azmoun, beiranvand can really compare from a talent standpoint. Ezatolahi as well but when was the last time he stayed fit for longer than 3 months? Ghoddos is playing in a top 5 league and if he stays fit im sure he will show himself and go to a better team, likely same for majid.

You have to be realistic with you expectations too. There is no use to continue bringing up the past. We had players in those leagues in the past because they were good enough. These guys arent on that level, and its unfair to keep acting like they are failures just because they havent reached those leagues and teams. Anyways, at least now we have a large pool in europe, a 25-30 mil EU worth star in azmoun who will make a top transfer, a player in EPL in arj, and a player in ligue 1 that is ghoddos, with still younger talent like majid, saeid having a real chance of reaching top leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
              The difference between us and Japan is depressing
              Kubo : FC Tokyo (Japan) -> Real Madrid (Spain) / Champions League
              Tomiyasu : Sint-Truiden (Belgium) -> Bologna (Italy)
              Kamada : Sint-Truiden (Belgium) -> Frankfurt (Germany) / Europa League
              Nakajima : Al-Duhail (Qatar) -> Porto (Portugal) / Champions League
              Maeda : Matsumoto (Japan) -> Maritimo (Portugal)
              Anzai : Kashima Antlers (Japan) -> Portimonense (Portugal)
              Sugawara : Nagoya Grampus (Japan) -> AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) / Europa League
              Nakamura : Gamba Osaka (Japan) -> Twente (Netherlands)
              van Wermeskerken : Cambuur (Netherlands-2) -> Zwolle (Netherlands)
              Schmidt : Vegalta Sendai (Japan) -> Sint-Truiden (Belgium)
              Suzuki : Kashima Antlers (Japan) -> Sint-Truiden (Belgium)
              Okugawa : Holstein Kiel (Germany-2) -> Red Bull Salzburg (Austria) / Champions League
              Havenaar : Wil (Switzerland-2) -> Thun (Switzerland) / Europa League
              van Wermeskerken, Schmidt, Havenaar. Very nice Japanese last names lol.

Btw, you forgot about that guy who moved to Barca.

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
              Nakajima joined Porto for 15M euros (only 50% his ownership!).
              Tomiyasu joined Bologna for 10M euros. He totally bullied Azmoun at the Asian Cup. It was a nightmare.
              Kubo is already RM's fan favorite and many believe he will make his first team debut this season.
              https://www.marca.com/en/football/re...5398b45d1.html
              A Belgian fan on Reddit said he was the best CB in Belgium and would join a top European team in the future. Btw he is still 20 and 3 years younger than Hosseini.....

It's more about the willingness of Euro clubs to give these Japanese players a chance due the clubs' decreased financial risk.
              Sorry, this is a bad excuse. Where is our Kagawa who built Dortmund's golden years? Where is our Okazaki who scored more than 50 goals in top leagues and played a key role in Leicester's EPL title? Where is our Hasebe who was named in Bundesliga team of the 2018-19 season? Where is our Sakai who has been linked with Spurs as a replacement of Trippier?

I can go on and on. And now their young guys like Kubo, Tomiyasu and Nakajima have better reputations than ours. Their players are simply better.

My heart says yes my head says no.

Since Japan started their professional league in 1992

World Cup knockout stage appearances
              Japan - 2002, 2010, 2018
              Iran - none

Asian Cup titles
              Japan - 1992, 2000, 2004, 2011
              Iran - none

This is the reality. Thank you Islamic republic.

Comment

https://90tv.ir/news/%D9%85%D8%AF%D8...86%D8%A7%D9%86
                Iman salimi to OFI Crete will be official shortly. Salimi is traveling to greece in the coming week. They bought him out of contract with Tractor.

I think greek league minus the top 4 is seriously on par with iranian league. Having said that, it is still a good move bc given salimis age and fantastic talent and mentality, he will easily go to a top greek team within 1-2 years. Remember, Hajsafi, as a left back, where he is notoriously weak, got a transfer to olympiakos where he was he was initially a starter, just 6 months after joining panionios. He was a player with no resale value as well. By contrast salimi is young, powerful center back who has a lot of potential for further big transfers in his career.

Salimi can quickly and easily establish himself as one of the best cbs in the league and go to PAOK or Olympiakos. Good luck to him. I am sure he will becoem in a mainstay in TM squads in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3aIgdSeNU
                his highlights from past season for those that are unfamiliar. A very strong gholdor center back, with speed and excellent ball playing skills.

Comment

Well that’s good news another CB in Europe was much needed....now if we can get some more CMs too....
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

It's more about the willingness of Euro clubs to give these Japanese players a chance due the clubs' decreased financial risk. Sure, some of these players may pay off from a football sense, but many dont.

The fact is, TV rights, along with merchandising rights, probably offset Japanese players transfer fees and wages for Euro clubs, which makes them much more attractive. Obviously, there are no such monetization streams with Iranians, significantly increasing their risk.

i dont agree to the Bold otherwise many valid points made here..!

Comment

Man, you guys really under-estimate your own Team Melli! If Iran plays Japan 10 times on a neutral field, what do you think the outcomes would be? I say Iran wins 3, Japan wins 4, and we tie 3. We are pretty even with them.

As for the AC 2019 debacle, I hardly consider than a fair representation of how we measure. We gave up an incredibly stupid goal, followed by a very questionable PK. Game over.

Comment

OFI Crete?? Am I the only one who have heard the name of the club for the first time after 3 decades following the game??

Comment

OFI Crete?? Am I the only one who have heard the name of the club for the first time after 3 decades following the game??

I don’t know man, but he will be living and playing in the beautiful island of Crete. (Very popular tourist destination.) Tabriz is beautiful in its own regard too.

Comment

yeah its a small greek team from island of crete. Not a household name by any means.

Comment

Nope but hey its a positive move, the younger they get out of iran and into europe the better and greek league is not a downgrade from PGL. one good season should earn him a better move either to a top 4-5 greek club or a better overall league
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Good for him. I'd rather move to Spanish 2nd division than play for irans top clubs

Comment

Working...
                                X