This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    Recent contributions of experienced players who have been involved with TM as player or asst. coach:
    Assistant coach Ali Karimi, after one game ghahr kard ba Queiroz.
    Assistant coach Nekounam, who can forget his legendary performance against qatar?
    Shojaei’s two yellow cards against Iraq, basically losing the game for us...
    Hajsafi’s beautiful pass leading to bahrain’s winning penalty...
    Assistant coach Hashemian, who many accused of being a yes man...
    Dejagah, who picked up an injury after Hong Kong and decided to go to check on his sushi/shisha bar in Germany instead of being with the team against Cambodia...
    I agree with all the above, but even the best have their moments of weakness (especially under pressure in a crucial game). I would argue, and many would agree, that if Zidane kept his cool against Italy in the WC final, he could have retired with the WC trophy in hand. If Taremi would not have flubbed his shot against Portugal, we'd have made it to the next round of the last WC (and I still love the guy). But that is not always how the cards play out.

Comment

Happy belated Bday to Masoud!!!
      Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Dragan back in Iran. Have yet to see this guy coach (even in IPL), and I already like him. He stuck around when it was still uncertain how the COVID thing would go, left when the Iranian league was shut down, and now is back 4 months before our next qualifier. He is at least putting in the face time in Iran. He's already met with many of the legionnaires. This is the type of commitment I saw with CQ (NOT Wilmots). It's a good sign. All for TM!
        I won’t give him too much credit, but you have to give him that much. He’s putting in effort and it shouldn’t go unnoticed.

Skocic also apparently reached out to indiviso players. I’m not sure who he took a photo with a few months ago (might’ve been Sardar), but it seems he’s trying to build a personal connection with the players which is VERY important. Basically one of the biggest traits from Queiroz. Carlos was connected with his players (or as he would say “my boys”), and this was something Wilmots lacked.

So it’s definitely a plus in that regard. Now we have to see how he builds his team from a tactical standpoint. He needs to be very careful and cautious even though he’ll be playing Hong Kong and Cambodia we have to treat each match as a final. He should take the “treat each match as a final” mentality from the Queiroz playbook.

I’m fact, what would make us fans very happy would be if Skocic reached out to Carlos in Colombia and was in touch with him. Not to get help but to see how it was as Team Melli coach from the point of view of Carlos. It wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

Comment

Dragan Skočić arrival to Iran.

Dragan Skočić interview.

Comment

What? His first question was "are you fatter?". MY GOD!

Then he realizes how awkward it's getting, and turns around and asks if it's okay to ask these personal questions. I'm embarrassed just watching this.

Dragan was so polite and gentlemanly and responded with smiles. He's already learned how to deal with this media clown show.

Comment

What? His first question was "are you fatter". MY GOD!
              no hello, how are you, thanks for coming... how pathetic.
              even these late night showmen in the US get up and shake their guests’ hands.
              “farhange irani” lmfao

Comment

What? His first question was "are you fatter?". MY GOD!

Then he realizes how awkward it's getting, and turns around and asks if it's okay to ask these personal questions. I'm embarrassed just watching this.

Dragan was so polite and gentlemanly and responded with smiles. He's already learned how to deal with this media clown show.
                These stupid jokes are common place with alot of younger Iranians. No understanding that we have formal and informal settings. You're not hanging out with your neighborhood boys Misaghi, you're conducting an interview on national TV.
                Ferdosipour was also very idiotic in this aspect as well.
                Mazdak and Javad were best at actually asking questions.

Comment

His emphasis on FIFA days in September reminds me of when Carlos would constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, push Kafashian/Taj to get decent friendlies for Team Melli in interviews. I hope we have 2-3 matches as he said.

He needs to start camp in July with the domestic players. It's not gonna be easy either, because the league starts again in late August/early September. A lot of soreness and fatigue for both our domestic players and our legionnaires.

So much is on the line. We aren't in a do or die stage, but if we mess up vs. Cambodia and Hong Kong we could find ourselves in a lot of trouble. So I really hope we take every right step in order to at least get 10 points out of the 4 matches left.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    His emphasis on FIFA days in September reminds me of when Carlos would constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, push Kafashian/Taj to get decent friendlies for Team Melli in interviews. I hope we have 2-3 matches as he said.

He needs to start camp in July with the domestic players. It's not gonna be easy either, because the league starts again in late August/early September. A lot of soreness and fatigue for both our domestic players and our legionnaires.

So much is on the line. We aren't in a do or die stage, but if we mess up vs. Cambodia and Hong Kong we could find ourselves in a lot of trouble. So I really hope we take every right step in order to at least get 10 points out of the 4 matches left.
                    We need to win all 4 remaining matches, or max 1 draw, to make it. I did an analysis yesterday (Bahrain and Iraq have 1 game less than us):

- If we win all remaining matches, we will end up with 18 points.
                    - If Iraq win their 2 matches and loose to us, they will end up with 17 points.
                    - If Bahrain win their 2 matches and loose to us, they will end up with 15 points.

This is if we want to be nr 1 in the group.

Comment

Skočić was at Paykan-Persepolis match

Comment

I like how hopefull you guys are but i dont see us getting 12 points from the 4 games, i dont know how weak/strong iraq and bahrain are right now but it will be damn hard

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Skočić was at Paykan-Persepolis match
                          It's nice to see they gave him a seat in the VIP section.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                            I like how hopefull you guys are but i dont see us getting 12 points from the 4 games, i dont know how weak/strong iraq and bahrain are right now but it will be damn hard
                            If thats the case, then we can settle with the knowledge that we are simply not good enough.

BUT i highly doubt that
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Comment

He himself said he wanted to avoid the crowded areas due to Corona and that this spot has the best view for analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X