This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
    He got a penalty, but it wasn't a penalty. He also got to play the full game, while he shouldn't have.
    It was a penalty kick and it should have been a red card for Ronaldo.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
      He got a penalty, but it wasn't a penalty. He also got to play the full game, while he shouldn't have.
      I agree ronaldo definitely should have been sent off, but there's no arguing against the penalty he earned.

It was a 100% foul by ezzatollahi, and it was barely in the box.

https://youtu.be/JlPIrEKFCeo

You can see from 35 seconds onwards, including the replay, and it was close, but by the time he took ronaldo out, one of his feet were clearly in the box, and making such an agrresive, I'll-timed tackle right near the edge of the box is asking for a penalty.

They even went to VAR and it shows he was in the box, at least most of his body was

Comment

It was cute how Ronaldo punched PAG instead of Ezatolahi. If he would have, I guess Ronaldo would look like Diego Costa afterwards

Comment

As per CQ's tactics and rightly so, we had to defend for the biggest part of our games in the WC as usual! but judging by some comments here (and I don't mean only sirvan), the day we turn into a slightly better team like say Morocco who did not defend all the times, attacked and yet drew a team like Spain, some people here would think we are WC winner candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            LOL who's going against the tide, not being objective? The only people who think Iran deserved to win against Spain and Portugal are you and some Iranians. Yes, we played fantastically well in the WC! Our best performance ever but ask any non-Portuguese, non-Spanish and non-Iranian objective observer and they would say judging by the intensity of the games, ball possession, game control, shots and everything else, all our 3 opponents deserved to win! but the fact is that 2 of them didn't! Good! lucky us! Now if you want to continue saying we were unlucky, Ronaldo this or Diego Costa that, please be my guest. There are tons of other similar incidents that can be mentioned about how we were lucky and got the advantage as well. You have to be fair, not biased!
            Now back to the original discussion..... only results in WCs are not necessarily a measure to compare 2 different coaches of 2 eras. Tons of of other factors play a role which is the main point I'm trying to make.
            Personally I believe we deserved at least a draw Vs both sides.

You can't simply say Iran was lucky and deserved to lose, just because the didn't play a possession-based game, and didn't look entertaining on the field.

Iran played this way on purpose, because we played to our strengths, it was the most effective way for us to play.

The results show this, considering the fact that we barely lost to Spain due to a fluke deflection, and managed to tie Portugal.

We could have played with more possession and shots, but then we would have lost my multiple goals, at best.

At the end of the day, with CQ's system, the opponent always had more possession and shots, but not many clear cut 100% chances, if any.

Iran did not deserve to lose, just because they didn't play beautiful football.

Comment

As per CQ's tactics and rightly so, we had to defend for the biggest part of our games in the WC as usual! but judging by some comments here (and I don't mean only sirvan), the day we turn into a slightly better team like say Morocco who did not defend all the times, attacked and yet drew a team like Spain, some people here would think we are WC winner candidates.
              Better does not mean possession.
              One of the most successful teams in World Cup History, Italy, has won 4 world cups , with the most recent two(1982 and 2006) because of strict defense and counterplay.

Comment

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/d...an?id=10218769

Wilmots 1.5 m dollars per year and two belgian assistants. Iff want one iranian assistant (neko?).
                Iff met wilmots representatives in turkey some days ago

Comment

Belgian media now reports Marc Wilmots is on the verge of becoming the new TM coach for an annual salary of 1.5 Million Euros:

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...e-worden-.html

Comment

If true, would be a good choice for IFF. Disciplinarian who trusts the youth.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                      Belgian media now reports Marc Wilmots is on the verge of becoming the new TM coach for an annual salary of 1.5 Million Euros:

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...e-worden-.html
                      That's a lot of money for a relatively unproven coach...

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        Personally I believe we deserved at least a draw Vs both sides.
                        You can't simply say Iran was lucky and deserved to lose, just because the didn't play a possession-based game, and didn't look entertaining on the field.
                        Iran played this way on purpose, because we played to our strengths, it was the most effective way for us to play.
                        The results show this, considering the fact that we barely lost to Spain due to a fluke deflection, and managed to tie Portugal.
                        We could have played with more possession and shots, but then we would have lost my multiple goals, at best.
                        At the end of the day, with CQ's system, the opponent always had more possession and shots, but not many clear cut 100% chances, if any.
                        Iran did not deserve to lose, just because they didn't play beautiful football.
                        Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        Better does not mean possession.
                        One of the most successful teams in World Cup History, Italy, has won 4 world cups , with the most recent two(1982 and 2006) because of strict defense and counterplay.
                        Are you comparing us with Italy? We chose the tactic because as you rightly put it, we had no chance with any other! That was our only chance to stop them from scoring 4-5 goals on us! Huge difference and not even comparable. and yes if that is your only objective (not to concede 4-5 goals) and you lay back, you do not deserve to win games. Some people here argue otherwise.

Comment

I thought Iran did play nice football to watch. Especially in the stadium, seeing a team keep perfect shape in defence and attack can be mesmerising.

Seeing it in a national side, not a club side, and with a huge dearth of midfielders, is even more impressive.

Seeing it in a national side which relied previously for bizan-ziresh/ali asghari football with moments of individual genius, or as our former member Lezawang used to say "chiken running", is even more impressive.

If you disagree with me and like seeing undisciplined and sloppy football then that's your prerogative. I had friends and pundits I know excited about TM in its most recent iteration, not in previous tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            I thought Iran did play nice football to watch. Especially in the stadium, seeing a team keep perfect shape in defence and attack can be mesmerising.

Seeing it in a national side, not a club side, and with a huge dearth of midfielders, is even more impressive.

Seeing it in a national side which relied previously for bizan-ziresh/ali asghari football with moments of individual genius, or as our former member Lezawang used to say "chiken running", is even more impressive.

If you disagree with me and like seeing undisciplined and sloppy football then that's your prerogative. I had friends and pundits I know excited about TM in its most recent iteration, not in previous tournaments.
                            I don't think anybody disagrees with any of this. I think we are all in agreement that we played the best football of our lives in this tournament. But saying we deserved to win the games when the opponents had more scoring chances, is taking it over the top as some people do here.

Comment

I think Bad choice
                              No success anywhere

Set up to fail

Comment

Are you comparing us with Italy? We chose the tactic because as you rightly put it, we had no chance with any other! That was our only chance to stop them from scoring 4-5 goals on us! Huge difference and not even comparable. and yes if that is your only objective (not to concede 4-5 goals) and you lay back, you do not deserve to win games. Some people here argue otherwise.
                                That's not what we did though.

We chose our moments to attack. Iran vs Spain, we had the exact game plan we had against Argentina which was to defend the first half to a 0-0 and then attack during the second half when they break their shape.

I was there for Iran-Morocco our defensive shape/clearances were getting heavy support from our fans. It wasn't a case of people sitting quietly waiting to be scored on either.

One can argue if you neuter the other's teams offense(as we did with Morocco) and take your chances then you do deserve to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X