X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirvan View Post

Our country, our rules.
    Sirvan jan,

Do you believe this in regards to government interference in IFF? One could say its a custom now in Iran that everything in Iran goes through/is approved by the government first.

For example, if FIFA can prove there is government interference in IFF(such as Tarbiat badani interfering) should we be banned according to Fifa's anti-government regulation rules?

Comment

Where did i say it is a religious thing? It's a 100% cultural thing. Lad unlike you guys i actually live in Iran. I used to say that women should be allowed in the stadiums as well. But after living here and talking and spending time with the guys (of who most are not religious at all) i noticed they all say the same thing, they don't want women in their stadiums because they want to freely curse and shout and behave like cavemen, and in front of women they can not do that. In Iranian culture we are raised to be respectful in front of women, hence their argument is that women have their own team and that they can attend the matches of the female teams.
      How many here have been raised to not curse and always behave as a gentleman in front of women by their Iranian parents, or at least their parents saying such things to them?
      Also comparing the Volleyball fan base to the Football fan base, really bro? When was the last time you visited Iran? There is a totally different atmosphere and culture between the football stadiums and Volleyball teams. Iranian men want to shout things like toop tank fesh feshe davare mah ..... they curse alot and they just wont do that in front of women. There is a minority of football fans that also want women in Iranian stadiums, but they are a minority in my experience, so i wonder where your statements of majority of men want women in the stadium is based on?
      Also, some here saying it's IR that's keeping women out of stadiums don't know much about Iran and Iranian culture, they're probably born (or have grown up) abroad, or they are after a cultural revolution.
      Fifa should respect Iranian culture, women are allowed to go to stadiums and follow the Iranian female teams. And as long as we play football according to the rules of FIFA and don't turn it into handball for example, fifa should butt out of our customs and try to change things according to their customs. Our country, our rules. I reckon that even if the government would allow women to the stadiums, not many would attend, and the ones that did would be bullied by the men and be seen as weirdos. Resulting in eventually again women free football stadium, fifa should know that they can't force their culture and values and customs upon people who have different values. I actually hope they allow women in the stadiums so you can see the result for yourself.
      Ps foreign women are allowed to attend the football stadiums of male teams, and that's because they can't understand us. Does the fifa know that?
      You skipped over my question. Prior to IR were woman allowed to attend soccer games in stadiums? I have at least two aunts and one uncle's wife who can answer that if you don't know the answer.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        Women can defend themselves and do not need anyone to objectify and patronize them. This argument hides discrimination behind "protecting women" as if they are not strong enough to stand for their own rights. Your mother was so strong to help you grow in her body for nine months and like every other woman on the planet has the strength to defend herself against a bunch of hooligans if necessary.
        Ah feminism how lovely. Despite all your progressive words, i pesonally won't allow my sisters and wife to attend a football stadium. They can attend the female matches if they are interested. I want to be able to freely shout and curse at the opposite team, and i won't do that when there are Iranian female fans standing next to me or present in the stadium, also i don't want my sisters and wife to hear these obscenities, most guys i know share this opinion.

Comment

Ah feminism how lovely. Despite all your progressive words, i pesonally won't allow my sisters and wife to attend a football stadium. They can attend the female matches if they are interested. I want to be able to freely shout and curse at the opposite team, and i won't do that when there are Iranian female fans standing next to me or present in the stadium, also i don't want my sisters and wife to hear these obscenities, most guys i know share this opinion.
          Do tell us what you allow them to do. Do you allow them to go to school? Or leave the house?
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Where did i say it is a religious thing? It's a 100% cultural thing. Lad unlike you guys i actually live in Iran. I used to say that women should be allowed in the stadiums as well. But after living here and talking and spending time with the guys (of who most are not religious at all) i noticed they all say the same thing, they don't want women in their stadiums because they want to freely curse and shout and behave like cavemen, and in front of women they can not do that. In Iranian culture we are raised to be respectful in front of women, hence their argument is that women have their own team and that they can attend the matches of the female teams.

How many here have been raised to not curse and always behave as a gentleman in front of women by their Iranian parents, or at least their parents saying such things to them?
            Also comparing the Volleyball fan base to the Football fan base, really bro? When was the last time you visited Iran? There is a totally different atmosphere and culture between the football stadiums and Volleyball teams. Iranian men want to shout things like toop tank fesh feshe davare mah ..... they curse alot and they just wont do that in front of women. There is a minority of football fans that also want women in Iranian stadiums, but they are a minority in my experience, so i wonder where your statements of majority of men want women in the stadium is based on?

Also, some here saying it's IR that's keeping women out of stadiums don't know much about Iran and Iranian culture, they're probably born (or have grown up) abroad, or they are after a cultural revolution.

Fifa should respect Iranian culture, women are allowed to go to stadiums and follow the Iranian female teams. And as long as we play football according to the rules of FIFA and don't turn it into handball for example, fifa should butt out of our customs and try to change things according to their customs. Our country, our rules. I reckon that even if the government would allow women to the stadiums, not many would attend, and the ones that did would be bullied by the men and be seen as weirdos. Resulting in eventually again women free football stadium, fifa should know that they can't force their culture and values and customs upon people who have different values. I actually hope they allow women in the stadiums so you can see the result for yourself.

Ps foreign women are allowed to attend the football stadiums of male teams, and that's because they can't understand us. Does the fifa know that?
            The logic of your argument is laughable, to say the least. You advocate curtailing the rights of half of the population simply because some people want to curse and don't dare to do so in front of certain people.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Do tell us what you allow them to do. Do you allow them to go to school? Or leave the house?
              Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Do tell us what you allow them to do.
              Allowing was an unfortunate choice of words , i meant i strongly advice them to not go to stadiums and avoid creepy streets at night

Comment

Allowing was an unfortunate choice of words , i meant i strongly advice them to not go to stadiums and avoid creepy streets at night
                No you got it right the first time. You don't strongly advise them not to go to stadiums, you don't ALLOW them. Not you specifically, but you are 100% supporting the decision of those who don't allow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                  The logic of your argument is laughable, to say the least. You advocate curtailing the rights of half of the population simply because some people want to curse and don't dare to do so in front of certain people.
                  Some people? I reckon the majority of Iranian male football fans in Iran lad. Women can attend the games of the female teams is our argument.. also not "dare" but culturally frowned upon, we do not want to curse in front of women because we think it is highly inappropriate.

Also, their might be some rules and customs or laws in your country that i find laughable, so be it. What i won't do is come there and say how it should be done according to me and my peers, let's change your rules and customs and implement ours.

Please respect our custom and rule of no Iranian females during male games, dear master fifa.

Comment

You shouldn't be afraid of letting your sister or wife go to a stadium to watch a game. If you have an issue with that, then the problem is with the people attending the game not the fact of having women there. Same stance I have about burka or hijab. If you are such a horny bastard that you cant stand seeing a girls hair, she shouldn't have to cover up, its YOU that is the problem.

Banning women from attending a football match is such a backwards counter-productive "solution" to the problem. My wife joins me in nearly every game I go to, and we have NEVER had any issues. She is also an ER Physician and im sure the shit that she comes across at her job (Gun shot wounds, stabbings, over dose, etc) is 10000X worse than what she would see at Azadi Stadium.

Its fucking 2019 people...
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

we do not want to curse in front of women because we think it is highly inappropriate.
                      Then ban cursing, not the women, *** edited***

WARNED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE
                      Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 07-15-2019, 03:30 PM.
                      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                        You shouldn't be afraid of letting your sister or wife go to a stadium to watch a game. If you have an issue with that, then the problem is with the people attending the game not the fact of having women there. Same stance I have about burka or hijab. If you are such a horny bastard that you cant stand seeing a girls hair, she shouldn't have to cover up, its YOU that is the problem.
                        Banning women from attending a football match is such a backwards counter-productive "solution" to the problem. My wife joins me in nearly every game I go to, and we have NEVER had any issues. She is also an ER Physician and im sure the shit that she comes across at her job (Gun shot wounds, stabbings, over dose, etc) is 10000X worse than what she would see at Azadi Stadium.
                        Its fucking 2019 people...
                        What does this have to do with being 2019? Let me ask you a question lad:

If you visit someone's house as a guest, and his rule is people taking their shoes off in his house, do you take your shoes off or do you say no f that i'm keeping my shoes on because that's what i do in my own house as well?

Comment

I have been raised to always act like a gentleman . no matter in front of men or women. if your parents only told you to behave in front of women, then they weren't parenting good enough. and don't say those things to me, I live in Iran

and football fans in Iran are not just those stupid cheap hooligans you see in stadiums every week. only those people go to stadium these days because the atmosphere in Iranian stadiums is dirty because of people think like you. we rarely even see a packed stadium anyway. there are so many people who love watching football but never go to the stadiums because they just hate the atmosphere, this is disgusting. I never want to "curse" the opposite team. why should I hate the opposite team ? you should go to stadium to enjoy watching football. not to hate the other team.

I saw so many stupid things in this forum, but this one beat them all

Comment

sorry but to me what your saying is like ( i know it all and you guys don't know shit because you don't live in Iran ) seriously this is bullshit. Iranian men can be respectful, with or without women in their presence, if these so-called men want to curse all the time they should have themselves checked up! if the only thing coming out of your mouth is k!r or k*sK... then you haven't been raised good enough. and this doesn't have to do with culture! and in these days and times, the women have learnt from this shitty behaviour from men and curse like these men as well.

and by the way, even men should have the freedom to support the female footballers! how difficult can it be to see the truth that the regime is afraid of such things?? men should support the woman and vice versa. just look at the woman's world cup! men support and cheer their woman's national team just like they do it with their men's national team.

We have a great culture, but stop putting the IR's ideology on our culture's reputation! example: if i go to some balkan country and see some guy shitting in the street, it's not the culture of that country, it's that guy who's doing it. in our case, this is the ideology of the regime and you cannot put this on our culture or say this is what the people believe!

Comment

I wonder what sirvan would do if the ban were lifted and after strongly advising his wife and sister to not go to the stadium they announced they were going anyway. The previous term he used was "don't allow" before changing it to strongly advise.

Comment

Some people? I reckon the majority of Iranian male football fans in Iran lad. Women can attend the games of the female teams is our argument.. also not "dare" but culturally frowned upon, we do not want to curse in front of women because we think it is highly inappropriate.
                                Also, their might be some rules and customs or laws in your country that i find laughable, so be it. What i won't do is come there and say how it should be done according to me and my peers, let's change your rules and customs and implement ours.
                                Please respect our custom and rule of no Iranian females during male games, dear master fifa.
                                Once again you haven't answered my question. Were these customs in place 40+ years ago? If you have difficulty answering it I can get you a response from two of my aunts and my uncle's wife.
                                Awaiting your answer which should be one word: either yes or no.

Comment

Working...
                                X