This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaz_Guliyev

Might have a bit of Iranian blood in him.
    22-year-old CM playing for Spartak.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaz_Guliyev

Might have a bit of Iranian blood in him.
      22-year-old CM playing for Spartak.
      It says he is half azerbaijani half russian didnt you read that ?

Comment

Guys.. Still no coach. I really hate the lack of transparency here. It's one thing to say "hey, the country is in shambles and we don't have any money for a good coach any time soon" instead of giving everyone false hope in regards to a timeline and a good coach. I know I am preaching to the choir here but I'm really pissed at Taj's "2-3 days".. Like I wanted to believe this guy but at this point I have 0 faith in his words.

Sorry. Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          Portugal's penalty was legit. Ours was a makeup call for Ronaldo not getting a red card.
          Plenty of referees who would not have given a penalty, besides it wasn't like he was going anywhere as there was zero chance he would've scored. He got a penalty because he is Ronaldo. By that logic we should've gotten a penalty against Spain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
            Plenty of referees who would not have given a penalty, besides it wasn't like he was going anywhere as there was zero chance he would've scored. He got a penalty because he is Ronaldo. By that logic we should've gotten a penalty against Spain as well.
            In a just world
            We should have LOST to Morroco
            Drew or Beat Spain
            And Beat Portugal
            But The Football Gods said : no not this time

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
              It says he is half azerbaijani half russian didnt you read that ?
              His dad is Talysh from Azerbaijan, but the Talysh are an Iranic people and there are many Talysh people in Iran as well. His grandparents may have been from Iran

Comment

Not at all. As soon as it happened I thought it was a pk and I turned to my son and said we got lucky a pk wasn't called. I had barely finished my sentence that the ref blew the whistle.
                That's exactly what happened to me too! Although I was watching the game with my cousin.

Comment

Sirvan jan, sorry buddy, just accept it. CR's penalty was legit! Ours wouldn't have been in 10 out of 10 games with other referees.

If Beiranvand hadn't saved that penalty, people would have made a kebab with grilled onion out of Ezzatollahi for that stupid challenge in the penalty box.

Comment

He got a penalty because it was a penalty.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

We were robbed against Spain, our offside goal was onside. If Spain would have endured the same situation, 100% that their goal were going to be allowed by VAR.

And we were also robbed against Portugal mainly because Ronaldo didn't get the red card and Carvalho's foul on Azmoun in the penalty box wasn't called and even reviewed by VAR.

Comment

Gol gofti Kiarash jan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Sirvan jan, sorry buddy, just accept it. CR's penalty was legit! Ours wouldn't have been in 10 out of 10 games with other referees.
                          If Beiranvand hadn't saved that penalty, people would have made a kebab with grilled onion out of Ezzatollahi for that stupid challenge in the penalty box.
                          First of all, Ezatolahi's challenge was on the edge of the penalty box and it wasn't stupid, it was a fair challenge, but Ronaldo being the sneaky diva that he is took a dive earning Portugal an unjust penalty, had it been Taremi on the opposite end for example we would have been given squat.
                          Secondly, Ronaldo should have been red carded, meaning he would miss a large part of the game against us giving TM a huge advantage against 10 men Portugal without their star player.

Look, i know that going against the tide makes you think you're being objective, but you've lost all objectivity in this case. How can you claim that we were the ones who were lucky while it was the opposite, Portugal and Spain were helped by the referees because outside of Iranians, no one wanted to see us feature in the second round.

They were lucky (and helped by the arbitrators) not TM. Ronaldo and Diego Costa should have been given a red card for assualting Beiranvand and Pouraliganji respectively, Diego Costa should have been suspened against Morocco.

Comment

He got a penalty because it was a penalty.
                            He got a penalty, but it wasn't a penalty. He also got to play the full game, while he shouldn't have.

Comment

First of all, Ezatolahi's challenge was on the edge of the penalty box and it wasn't stupid, it was a fair challenge, but Ronaldo being the sneaky diva that he is took a dive earning Portugal an unjust penalty, had it been Taremi on the opposite end for example we would have been given squat.

Secondly, Ronaldo should have been red carded, meaning he would miss a large part of the game against us giving TM a huge advantage against 10 men Portugal without their star player.
                              Look, i know that going against the tide makes you think you're being objective, but you've lost all objectivity in this case. How can you claim that we were the ones who were lucky while it was the opposite, Portugal and Spain were helped by the referees because outside of Iranians, no one wanted to see us feature in the second round.

They were lucky (and helped by the arbitrators) not TM. Ronaldo and Diego Costa should have been given a red card for assualting Beiranvand and Pouraliganji respectively, Diego Costa should have been suspened against Morocco.
                              LOL who's going against the tide, not being objective? The only people who think Iran deserved to win against Spain and Portugal are you and some Iranians. Yes, we played fantastically well in the WC! Our best performance ever but ask any non-Portuguese, non-Spanish and non-Iranian objective observer and they would say judging by the intensity of the games, ball possession, game control, shots and everything else, all our 3 opponents deserved to win! but the fact is that 2 of them didn't! Good! lucky us! Now if you want to continue saying we were unlucky, Ronaldo this or Diego Costa that, please be my guest. There are tons of other similar incidents that can be mentioned about how we were lucky and got the advantage as well. You have to be fair, not biased!

Now back to the original discussion..... only results in WCs are not necessarily a measure to compare 2 different coaches of 2 eras. Tons of of other factors play a role which is the main point I'm trying to make.

Comment

We scored a perfectly fine goal against Spain that was called ,,offside‘‘.
                                We didn‘t get at least another Penalty against Portugal , and Ronaldo should have received a Red Card but didn‘t.
                                If our country wasn‘t the Pariah State it is today, the refs wouldn‘t be so biased against us and things would look differently!

Comment

Working...
                                X