This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keano View Post
    Oh man those who had the pleasure of not having lived through those torturous days will never appreciate how easy we qualified to 2 back-to-back WCs at such ease and in style.

Losing to Jordan in a packed Azadi, then almost failing against Qatar until the last minutes of the match, thus the unbelievable possibility of bowing out of WC in our first WCQ round! [emoji2299][emoji2299][emoji2299]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We got bailed out by an unusual header from Nikbakht. NIKBAKHT. Karemoon be koja resideh bood

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      we cant get a big coach, sanctions, iran toman falling everyday, unless the morroco coach come, we will have problems. plus any top coach wanna come iran will call CQ and i dont think cq will give them good review, with all the problems.
      Exactly what i've been saying.

He spent 8 years in Iran, so any candidate for TM job will consult with him first. Since these morons actually decided NOT to renew his contract after all he's done, we'll need a miracle to even get a half-decent coach.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        We got bailed out by an unusual header from Nikbakht. NIKBAKHT. Karemoon be koja resideh bood
        lolll seriously ....so sad!

And Hashemian bailed us out against Qatar right? He bailed us out at one point, i remember. - Although he was an awesome, clutch striker

not comparing him to Nikbakht of course, but the fact that we had to be bailed out twice in the earlier rounds when qualifying under branko

Comment

Nikbakht was one of our better players back then...what are you saying?

Comment

the darkest days of TM was when M.nouri was our playmaker. 😂😂😂

khosro's crosses too .

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
              I don't get it either! At the time, Nikbakht was our best LAM!

Comment

Nikbakht was a frustrating player with good speed but poor football intelligence.
                He also was mysteriously "injured" for every major tournament TM had... some think because he was doping.

Comment

Nikbakht was an amazing international footballer for 1.5 years and then drove me (and i'm presuming a lot of guys here) nuts for 5 years.

He became this either static or erratic, often both, presence on the left which killed both attack and defence on that side. His lack of interest in his fitness and physical form didn't help...

But the fact is we didn't really have many other options, and our coach for the bulk of his tenure wasn't particularly tactically proficient.

However he made us swear at the TV screen and in the stadium, I will not forget those first 1.5 years and his goal and police salute to King Abdullah, whose reaction was priceless. That stopped us from having our worst qualification campaign in history under former coach Ivankovic (it was the first round of qualifiers). For that, his name will always be in the history books.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                    It wasn't that he was bad...it was that Nikbakht(a playmaker/winger) had to come on as a sub for Azizi and score a header against a defender in the 80th minute when the rest of our team was not performing. Depending on your view of the goal, it was lucky which is the scary part.

Last edited by perspolis#1; 04-18-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                      lolll seriously ....so sad!
                      And Hashemian bailed us out against Qatar right? He bailed us out at one point, i remember. - Although he was an awesome, clutch striker
                      not comparing him to Nikbakht of course, but the fact that we had to be bailed out twice in the earlier rounds when qualifying under branko
                      Khoda biamorzeh Ale Safaro

Comment

That was against Jordan in Jordan, and I believe right after him Daei scored our second goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          That was against Jordan in Jordan, and I believe right after him Daei scored our second goal.
                          Yes once the floodgates opened.This was our Starting XI and Subs. The lesson is to never underestimate your opponents.

Ebrahim MIRZAPOUR
                          Yahya GOLMOHAMMADI
                          Mohammad NOSRATI
                          Jalal KAMELI-MOFRAD
                          Rahman REZAEI
                          Hossein KAEBI
                          Javad NEKOUNAM
                          Mohammad Ali KARIMI
                          Ali DAEI
                          Vahid HASHEMIAN
                          Khodadad AZIZI

Subs:

Mohammad ALAVI
                          Javad KAZEMIAN
                          Alireza VAHEDI-NIKBAKHT
                          Last edited by perspolis#1; 04-18-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

South Korean FA confirms June friendly with Team Melli:

"S. Korea to host Australia, Iran in men's football friendlies in June

South Korea will host Australia and Iran in men's football friendlies in June, the sport's national federation said Friday.

South Korea and Iran only need to sign an agreement to finalize their meeting."

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN2019041...5?section=news

Comment

south korea game is good, but who is our coach?

Comment

The morons in charge did not realize how hard it is to get a high profile coach to come to Iran when they decided not to extend CQs contract.

I would be quite happy with Renard if we can get him. After all the time wasted Taj better not have Branko in mind for the job

Comment

Working...
                                X