Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Daei was as player great HERO on the World Class score nobody in Europe can break his record with 109 goals. But as coach he did noghting special with some simple wins by 1 goal or draw and losing at home to our enemy Saudi Arabia 2:1 Iran and the lost 3 games by Afshin Ghotbi did great job but it was already to late! And we did not go World Cup 2010 and finish 4th. Even at that time I remember German commentator said South Korea - Iran 1:1 that Afshin Ghotbi come to late!

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      KSA 3 - Iran 1
      Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
      Ali Daei was as player great HERO on the World Class score nobody in Europe can break his record with 109 goals. But as coach he did noghting special with some simple wins by 1 goal or draw and losing at home to our enemy Saudi Arabia 2:1 Iran and the lost 3 games by Afshin Ghotbi did great job but it was already to late! And we did not go World Cup 2010 and finish 4th. Even at that time I remember German commentator said South Korea - Iran 1:1 that Afshin Ghotbi come to late!
      Everybody can lose once or twice. Even CQ did. Look at the whole stats instead:

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Everybody can lose once or twice. Even CQ did. Look at the whole stats instead:

Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth. You can't just look at numbers and ignore all other factors.

LOL Daei had the easiest road to qualification, and still failed miserably. Our toughest opponents were Saudi and North Korea, and we finished behind both of them, blowing a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at home to Saudi for the first time in several years.

I've never seen Iran play worse in my entire life.

The moment ghotbi came in, Iran was a new, improved team right from his first game in charge. Too bad it was too late, and we barely lost out.

Daie as coach was a massive mistake.

Comment

This thread is not for useless discussion.

I don't want to click on this thread to look at the same photo that has been posted here for the last 3 months. Mods can you step in?

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
            Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth. You can't just look at numbers and ignore all other factors.
            LOL Daei had the easiest road to qualification, and still failed miserably. Our toughest opponents were Saudi and North Korea, and we finished behind both of them, blowing a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at home to Saudi for the first time in several years.
            I've never seen Iran play worse in my entire life.
            The moment ghotbi came in, Iran was a new, improved team right from his first game in charge. Too bad it was too late, and we barely lost out.
            Daie as coach was a massive mistake.
            How did Daei have the easiest road to qualification when we had both South Korea and KSA in our group?!

It's funny, because I remember everything just the opposite of everything you say. I do remember that KSA beat us but otherwise TM played such a beautiful attacking football under Daei. As soon as Ghotbi was hired, he brought Estil Azin's old and out of form players which only resulted in a slower and a more toothless team. I really believe changing Daei to Ghotbi, at that sensitive point of time, was a huge mistake. It was an emotional one after the loss against KSA. If we had kept Daei, we had a higher chance of going to the WC despite the loss. Ghotbi messed things up even more.

and stats above will tell you who faced the most difficult and strongest teams among all coaches and who got the best results.

Comment

How did Daei have the easiest road to qualification when we had both South Korea and KSA in our group?!

It's funny, because I remember everything just the opposite of everything you say. I do remember that KSA beat us but otherwise TM played such a beautiful attacking football under Daei. As soon as Ghotbi was hired, he brought Estil Azin's old and out of form players which only resulted in a slower and a more toothless team. I really believe changing Daei to Ghotbi, at that sensitive point of time, was a huge mistake. It was an emotional one after the loss against KSA. If we had kept Daei, we had a higher chance of going to the WC despite the loss. Ghotbi messed things up even more.

and stats above will tell you who faced the most difficult and strongest teams among all coaches and who got the best results.
              Beautiful attacking football? Under Daei we had one of our worst ever goal droughts where we went a few games without being able to score.

Comment

its okay, time will tell. CQ is gone and we will see what is going to happen to TM.
                may god help us.

I would just like to remind everyone of a very influential member of this site by the name Kaiser Amir
                This man was a journalist of some sort and was very very anti cq. All I want to say about him is he hasnt posted here since 2014 because he was proven wrong every bad thing he said about cq.
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                  This thread is not for useless discussion.

I don't want to click on this thread to look at the same photo that has been posted here for the last 3 months. Mods can you step in?
                  its ok to have a TM discussion in the TM thread, I fail to see anything wrong here. I too click in and read things I don't care for....if you feel the same way, skip over it just as I do. a convo that is useless to you may be something other people want to discuss.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                    Beautiful attacking football? Under Daei we had one of our worst ever goal droughts where we went a few games without being able to score.
                    Again, look at the stats. See how many games we have won with Daei compared to the other coaches.

I think there is an unjust/unfair feeling against Daei and his time as TM head coach going around here that is not based on true facts.

Comment

TM-News-Vol. 5

Why are people still bringing up CQ baba he is gone... we still don’t have a coach[emoji2359]

and these stats doesn’t mean anything most important thing is to qualify every 4 years... with the current infrastructure and ya Hossein Management we have in Iran

I love daei but no way I want him to coach TM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Again, look at the stats. See how many games we have won with Daei compared to the other coaches.

I think there is an unjust/unfair feeling against Daei and his time as TM head coach going around here that is not based on true facts.
                        I understand, but you said beautiful attacking football. However, now you're talking about best results. Daei barely coached Iran against any decent teams. The best teams we played were South Korean and Saudi at home and we drew and lost. In fact, if you look at the chart you posted, the average fifa ranking of his opponents was the lowest of all coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                          its okay, time will tell. CQ is gone and we will see what is going to happen to TM.
                          may god help us.

I would just like to remind everyone of a very influential member of this site by the name Kaiser Amir
                          This man was a journalist of some sort and was very very anti cq. All I want to say about him is he hasnt posted here since 2014 because he was proven wrong every bad thing he said about cq.
                          Our football will never prosper under this regime, so don’t expect us to win any trophies anytime soon. Iran could have Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp under this regime and they still wouldn’t be able to do a thing... The thing is IR don’t want people to be happy, they don’t want us to have a successful sport or any success at all. Whatever resources we may get from football or any other sports will quickly be depleted by some akhood’s bache chilling in the US or Canada hosting parties while their parents scream marg bar Amrika.

Don’t get your hopes up anytime soon, our football going nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            Our football will never prosper under this regime, so don’t expect us to win any trophies anytime soon. Iran could have Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp under this regime and they still wouldn’t be able to do a thing... The thing is IR don’t want people to be happy, they don’t want us to have a successful sport or any success at all. Whatever resources we may get from football or any other sports will quickly be depleted by some akhood’s bache chilling in the US or Canada hosting parties while their parents scream marg bar Amrika.

Don’t get your hopes up anytime soon, our football going nowhere...
                            I know this. Thats why I suggested to fold the team after cq leaves. Just cancel the corrupt league. Corrupt team melli and send the bastards who care only for themselves to another industry. Perhaps cleaning toilets in mosques would be better for them
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                              Daei barely coached Iran against any decent teams. The best teams we played were South Korean and Saudi at home and we drew and lost. In fact, if you look at the chart you posted, the average fifa ranking of his opponents was the lowest of all coaches.
                              Wait a minute! You are totally right! The opponents' fifa rankings should be read the opposite way. I don't know, I think I've just been totally fuzzy the past few weeks. Totally my mistake. Sorry for that.

Then if those stats are really true, Branko has done a fantastic job in TM. I don't know why people always belittle his work! They did it already then, around the end of his career!

Comment

TM-News-Vol. 5

Wait a minute! You are totally right! The opponents' fifa rankings should be read the opposite way. I don't know, I think I've just been totally fuzzy the past few weeks. Totally my mistake. Sorry for that.

Then if those stats are really true, Branko has done a fantastic job in TM. I don't know why people always belittle his work! They did it already then, around the end of his career!
                                Might be that he had Iran’s best talents of all time!! and lost 3-1 against Mexico and lost 2-0 against Portugal and tied 1-1 Angola weakest team in the World Cup

Never came back to Iran because of taxes!!
                                Couldn’t find a decent job outside of Iran, even in his own country they didn’t want him.....

And this regime was like forget about the taxes, come back to Iran we need to create chaos in TM, We hate to see our people happy, they need to cry for a death arab 1300 years ago

Something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X