This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    How many times has Iran qualified for back to back world cups?
    When CQ cannot do anything beyond previous coaches Iran had like Branko, Mayeli Kohan, Vieira, etc., they should not have kept renewing his contract for 8 years. At the end of the day, we saw how Iran got embrassed with him in the AC 2019. Just because Wilmots was terrible and IFF is incompetent, It does not mean CQ is anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      When CQ cannot do anything beyond previous coaches Iran had like Branko, Mayeli Kohan, Vieira, etc., they should not have kept renewing his contract for 8 years. At the end of the day, we saw how Iran got embrassed with him in the AC 2019. Just because Wilmots was terrible and IFF is incompetent, It does not mean CQ is anything special.
      If it wasnt Iran i would say okay.... but we are talking about Iran, its different , CQ was the best and now you see we dont even have a coach and we in my opinion will not make it to WC

Comment

what cq did with the players, budget, resources was amazing... damesh garm.

Comment

you aren't the brightest.

Comment

WOW!

Sorry Sarbaze-Vatan, but this mentality brought us I.R. , i hope less and less of us would think like this or we will be badbakht till the end of days...
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

You didn't answer his question at all. Your answer should be a number. This was his question:

How many times has Iran qualified for back to back world cups?
              Please respond with just a number.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I love CQ, but I'm willing to admit that it may have been time for a change. However, the issue is that CQ really was special and learned the politics of IR and was willing to fight for our underresourced national team (in addition to being a first class coach). Until we have someone else who can do that -- which will be difficult to get and then they'd have to learn and build their political capital -- there will be no coach better than CQ for TM. That's just what happens when change occurs, there is a cost to turnover -- whether you're running a football team, a business, government, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                  what cq did with the players, budget, resources was amazing... damesh garm.
                  He made it look so simple and easy. We could actually compete with the best in the world. Now, I’m just hoping we can beat Iraq and Bahrain. Crazy how so much changes in the span of a year.
                  I remembered playing Korea in the past was always a hard game for us. Under CQ since 2015, that game never really feared me.

Comment

I asked a question in which you have not answered yet.

Also Iran had only qualified for the world cup 3x prior to CQ. 1978, 1998, 2006.

Iran started entering the WCQ in 1974. So counting 10 WCQ campaigns from 1974s WC to 2010 we only qualified 3x. A success rate of 30%.

Now I'll ask again...how many times has Iran qualified for back to back world cups?

Comment

At the end of day, CQ did not achieve anything new in terms of result. Iran finished third place in Asian Cups 1996 and 2004 where Iran had much tougher route to reach top 4 compare to Asian Cup 2019 where Iran had fairly easy route to reach top 4 and then lost 3-0 to Japan which was the worst result Iran got against Japan in history. It was the worst result against any Asian opponent since 1993 where Iran lost 3-0 to Korea. His result at the Asian Cup 2015 was exactly the same result Talebi, Ghalenoei, and Ghotbi got. Regard the WC, CQ did not reach second round either. Just because Wilmots was terrible, It does not mean CQ is very good.
                      wow.....

didn't achieve anything new in terms of result?

when did we finish a WC with 4 points? (in the toughest group in the tournament too)
                      when did we qualify for back to back WCs?

aside from results - when was the last time we had an immense amount of international respect?

the one and only fair criticsm I would give CQ is his inability to address TM's biggest problem going into the AC which was not getting in the refs face as they did in the 2018 WC. that's ultimately what caused us to lose the game vs japan, not bc we were tactically inferior.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        wow.....
                        didn't achieve anything new in terms of result?
                        when did we finish a WC with 4 points? (in the toughest group in the tournament too)
                        when did we qualify for back to back WCs?
                        aside from results - when was the last time we had an immense amount of international respect?
                        the one and only fair criticsm I would give CQ is his inability to address TM's biggest problem going into the AC which was not getting in the refs face as they did in the 2018 WC. that's ultimately what caused us to lose the game vs japan, not bc we were tactically inferior.
                        Seriously i love CQ too but dont overrate our 4 points, that was the ugliest soccer ive ever seen and we really were lucky to get the points ( ok you deserve points for fighting) but i dont know where we were respected ,i remember my friends saying iran should never competenin WC so ugly was the game style
                        As people say nobody is perfect, who knows what would have happend with 20% changed and more attacking football. It is peoples right to critisize, i was sad too because in my opinion we had to play different, losing 0-1 or 4-0 who cares if you are out

Comment

Argentina played some of the ugliest football in the 1990 World Cup and reached the final. Most teams would gladly swap their performance and final placement for that.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                            Seriously i love CQ too but dont overrate our 4 points, that was the ugliest soccer ive ever seen and we really were lucky to get the points ( ok you deserve points for fighting) but i dont know where we were respected ,i remember my friends saying iran should never competenin WC so ugly was the game style
                            As people say nobody is perfect, who knows what would have happend with 20% changed and more attacking football. It is peoples right to critisize, i was sad too because in my opinion we had to play different, losing 0-1 or 4-0 who cares if you are out
                            Football for the sake of attacking football and goals only is bimbo soccer.
                            Its the kind of argument people who enjoy American football make.
                            In the words of Jonathan Wilson "goals are overrated".

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                              The only ugly games that were played were Nigeria and Morocco. Neither of which we lost.

Nigeria could have scorched us on speed given the age of our 2014 team. Morocco's strengths dont need to be restated. CQ knew these African teams have terrible finishers. So the strategy was the same. More clinical finishing and the strategy was perfect.

Argentina vs Spain games were classic counter attacking football examples. Sit back. Concede the wings. Flood the middle of the field and break up the flow of play.

In both games our 2nd half counters were menacing. Just ask Zabaleta or Pique.

Iran doesnt get respect because the majority of football fans esp Westerners are narrow minded.

Iceland got so much praise for a tie against the worst Argentina side in decades. Playing uglier than we were.

The majority of people trashing our play at both worldcups were Messi/Ronaldo fanboys and Real Madrid/Barcelona fanboys. Some of the worst fans that exist. Thats because their players were shown to be basically toothless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Football for the sake of attacking football and goals only is bimbo soccer.
                                Its the kind of argument people who enjoy American football make.
                                In the words of Jonathan Wilson "goals are overrated".
                                Unless you are Ajax and have elite players at your disposal. And even then, they still concede costly goals which eliminated them from this CL.

Comment

Working...
                                X