This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    I think if you are off the pitch and out of play that you don’t count as being involved in play. Would need to double check though.
    To beri's point, that wouldn't make sense. It would allow a player to jump off the pitch in order to make an opposing player offside.

Comment

I think if you are off the pitch and out of play that you don’t count as being involved in play. Would need to double check though.
      Yes, I am not sure either but it does not make sense for players to walk out and cause offside!

Comment

1-1 at the end of first half.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          To beri's point, that wouldn't make sense. It would allow a player to jump off the pitch in order to make an opposing player offside.
          exactly my thought.

Comment

I think Zenit can bag 2 more goals. They just need to find a bit of rhythm and composure; Villareal's defense isn't exactly solid

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              To be fair to their payer he went flying over with Dzyuba trying to stop his header.

Comment

You make the call.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/187...85%D9%88%D9%86

Comment

1-1

Our Scarface Assassin Strikes Again ..!

Cleverly slots the ball under the keeper while standing on the goal line complaining to ref the earlier shot by Dzuba has already crossed the line..! lol 😂

He shoulda scored an earlier 1v1 chance though ..! He tried to round the keeper but took too heavy of a touch & I think keeper managed to get a touch to send it out ..!?
                  They need to get a couple more goals in 2nd half to still stand a favorable chance of progression

Comment

Just looked and if a defending player is off the field of play then they are seen as being ‘on the goaline’ so he was not offside. Sorry the offside rule can still be confusing 😀

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...w-11---offside

Comment

To be fair to their payer he went flying over with Dzyuba trying to stop his header.
                      Which means he was involved in the play so no offside.

Comment

Never seen that before.

We all learned something today

Comment

reminds me of van nistelrooy’s goal against italy in euro 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                            How would this be offside in any way?

Comment

Anyone have any good links? Mine keeps freezing.

Comment

We are quick to criticize refs, but he made the right judgment call to uphold the goal. Very tough to do in a split second.

Comment

Working...
                                X