This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    Can't tell if sirvan is trolling or he has lost his mind.
    Sirvan never trolls, and Sirvan will never lose his mind, i'm as sharp as a knife.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to where I could buy an Azmoun Zenit Jersey? Went on Nike.com and couldn’t find anything related Zenit... Aren’t they sponsored by Nike?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Does anyone have a link to where I could buy an Azmoun Zenit Jersey? Went on Nike.com and couldn’t find anything related Zenit... Aren’t they sponsored by Nike?
        Zenit's site is probably your best bet.

Edit: Their site is expensive AF.

https://www.uksoccershop.com/p-11367...iABEgJLU_D_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
          che ajab ye bazi dorost o hesabi kard emruz....
          Genuinely, what do you mean by that?

I have never been disappointed with Sardar. He always fights on the pitch

Comment

Krasnodar just eliminated Leverkusen (who beat B.Munchen a couple of weeks ago) in Germany...wow

Zenit are such a bi-polar team. Away from home they are Shamooshak Noshahr level, yet at home they can beat anytime on their day. Can't see them getting through if drawing a top team.

Earlier in the competition, they lost 4-0 in Minsk vs. Dinamo Minsk, only to beat them 8-1 in St. Petersburg a week later....like wtf

Comment

I've been following Iranian football now for a couple of decades.

My favourite footballer is Mehdi Mahdavikia. From his attitude to his consistency, his golden games (HSV vs Juventus, when he first broke out for Iran), his string of performances for two German clubs which turned heads, he had continental (I.e. amongst the best in Europe) traits for his speed and crossing. I still think he is individually our best export. Of course I am proud of our other stars as well (Daei, Nekounam etc...)

But Azmoun is the footballer who has excited me the most overall. He is a LOOOONG way from being a finished article and so needs guidance, luck and personal judgement but I haven't seen an Iranian footballer with a combination of world class traits (heading, anticipation, perhaps acceleration and off-the-ball-play). The kid can be an absolute wrecking ball if he is on his game. Following Iran, every damn time he defends I feel more confident with him than with any other defender we have. His headers always pin-point clear the ball to the right player.

Before this, Karimi was the one who got all of us excited. He was of course hugely talented and a genius on the ball, with a quite unique dribbling style which anyone who saw him live got excited about. But within the context of a team of XI in modern football, his value could be seen as a luxury in today's game.

Azmoun is a player of this time, he can go to special places. I really hope somehow the next steps turn out well for him. Zenit seems like a good fit so far, and more importantly they believe in him by slotting him straight into their line up and altering their formation for him.

He is only 24 still....

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                Krasnodar just eliminated Leverkusen (who beat B.Munchen a couple of weeks ago) in Germany...wow

Zenit are such a bi-polar team. Away from home they are Shamooshak Noshahr level, yet at home they can beat anytime on their day. Can't see them getting through if drawing a top team.

Earlier in the competition, they lost 4-0 in Minsk vs. Dinamo Minsk, only to beat them 8-1 in St. Petersburg a week later....like wtf
                What about Arsenal??? They lost to a WIFI password club that hasn’t played in 2 months who’s about the same level as Esteghlal or Perspolis. The year before that they lost to a Swedish club from nowhereland. (Even though they won, but still they lost at least once against each side!)

Comment

Possible draw :

Arsenal, Dinamo Zagreb (hopefully not), Eintracht frankfurt, Napoli, Salzburg, Valencia, Villareal, Slavia Prague, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Rennes, Benfica, Sevilla

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Possible draw :

Arsenal, Dinamo Zagreb (hopefully not), Eintracht frankfurt, Napoli, Salzburg, Valencia, Villareal, Slavia Prague, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Rennes, Benfica, Sevilla
                    I hope Zenit gets Inter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
                      I hope Zenit gets Inter.
                      Me too. Prestigious and doable

Comment

Sardar was a bat out of hell in this game!!! Now I believe CQ didn't use him correctly vs Japan and this is why we lost ( among other flaws) !

Comment

Zenit's first goal, Azmoun's assist:

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/186...85%D9%88%D9%86

Zenit's second and Azmoun's first: (What a fantastic header, wow!!!!)

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/186...85%D9%88%D9%86

Zenit's third goal and Azmoun's second:

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/186...5%D9%88%D9%86)

Azmoun's post game interview:

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/186...BA%DA%86%D9%87

Comment

His highlights today: He had his career match:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuKXQaMAJpC/

Amazing talent, heyf ke ghadr khodesho nemidone!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                              Sardar was a bat out of hell in this game!!! Now I believe CQ didn't use him correctly vs Japan and this is why we lost ( among other flaws) !
                              Azmoun has always played very well for Iran and used the best that he could be within the system that we played to maximise our players. Perhaps he wasn't used appropriately against Japan. Queiroz made mistakes, but in general he was very, very, good for our talented young man's development and we know how much Sardar appreciates that.

Without CQ, Azmoun would have not even returned to TM for the Asian Cup (let alone get the consecutive chances earlier on in his career to become an international stalwart, compare with previous coaches). Let's remember that, perspective bro...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                I've been following Iranian football now for a couple of decades.

My favourite footballer is Mehdi Mahdavikia. From his attitude to his consistency, his golden games (HSV vs Juventus, when he first broke out for Iran), his string of performances for two German clubs which turned heads, he had continental (I.e. amongst the best in Europe) traits for his speed and crossing. I still think he is individually our best export. Of course I am proud of our other stars as well (Daei, Nekounam etc...)

But Azmoun is the footballer who has excited me the most overall. He is a LOOOONG way from being a finished article and so needs guidance, luck and personal judgement but I haven't seen an Iranian footballer with a combination of world class traits (heading, anticipation, perhaps acceleration and off-the-ball-play). The kid can be an absolute wrecking ball if he is on his game. Following Iran, every damn time he defends I feel more confident with him than with any other defender we have. His headers always pin-point clear the ball to the right player.

Before this, Karimi was the one who got all of us excited. He was of course hugely talented and a genius on the ball, with a quite unique dribbling style which anyone who saw him live got excited about. But within the context of a team of XI in modern football, his value could be seen as a luxury in today's game.

Azmoun is a player of this time, he can go to special places. I really hope somehow the next steps turn out well for him. Zenit seems like a good fit so far, and more importantly they believe in him by slotting him straight into their line up and altering their formation for him.

He is only 24 still....
                                Azmoun can reach places indeed but as you say he's already 24! He's not extremely young anymore and has only got 1 or 2 more years to progress. If he takes care of himself and remains in form, he may be able to play in one of the biggest teams in the world in 2-3 years. But for that, he needs to continue to impress in Zenit. Consistency is the key.

Comment

Working...
                                X