Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually IF leipig beat benfica that will mean benfica dont even have possibility to get to europa league and will have nothing to play for vs zenit. So would be a good situation for zenit to go there and grab three points.

Comment

Hit the woodwork. That’s how close he was.

Comment

what are Zenit's chances for qualification for Europa ..?
        personally prefer them to qualify for UEFA-Cup than to barely squeeze into CL Knockout stage and crash out in embarrassing fashion..!
        unless they improve their MF massively in winter break, off course..!!

if it werent for their great efforts of their sharp GK today they probably woulda lost even today's game vs the depleted and weak Lyon..!

Comment

Benefica scores. Up 1-0 vs RBL

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
            It is not trash dude. It is the bitter truth.

Scoring against some lower russian sides, where Zenit dominates every match is not a magical.
            Come back to me when another iranian player gets anywhere near as many champions league goals as him, or anywhere near his goalscoring ratio in the CL.

(Let alone for Zenit and bloody ROSTOV)

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
              bUt SaRdAr DoEsNt DeFenD wElL...

THATS NOT HIS JOB!

My BMW M3 sucks at off-roading.. does that make it a bad car?
              this is not even true. He does defend well, especially aerially he is key to their set piece and second ball defense. In this game alone he had a crucial goal line headed clearance that surely would have ended in goal. His defensive contributions are actually one of the great intangibles to his game. Obviously he is not going to press when there is a 40 yard gap between him and dzyuba and the closest mid, that would just be suicide and isnt what the coaching staff are asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                Come back to me when another iranian player gets anywhere near as many champions league goals as him, or anywhere near his goalscoring ratio in the CL.

(Let alone for Zenit and bloody ROSTOV)
                Actually, also get back to me if any other Iranian player gets his international goal scoring ratio from now on. We're not in the 17-0 vs Maldives and 19-0 against Guam era any more.

And when he does his 12th consecutive cleared header from a corner we have to defend, are you playing Hokm??

Az mAst keh bar mAst - we can't appreciate a coach who changed our football and we can't appreciate our best footballer for long time.

Comment

Benfica is up 2-0 now on RBL. With this result, every team is alive on the last match day.

Comment

Leipzig have had 3 goals disallowed.

Comment

Wow Leipzig got two goals in injury time to draw.

Comment

with this result Benfica will be mathematically unable to qualify for even Europa League as third place team. This means zenit are playing a team with nothing to play for on final match day. Hopefully they get the win. IF they manage to do that there is even the possibility they advance as 1st place team if lyon beat leipzig.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          with this result Benfica will be mathematically unable to qualify for even Europa League as third place team. This means zenit are playing a team with nothing to play for on final match day. Hopefully they get the win. IF they manage to do that there is even the possibility they advance as 1st place team if lyon beat leipzig.
                          Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe head-to-head is the tiebreaker. Thus, if Zenit beats Benfica, and Lyon beats RBL, both RBL and Zenit will have 10 points, but RBL will have the tiebreaker since they beat Zenit twice.

Nonetheless, this is a good result for Zenit. Zenit can even advance with a draw if Lyon doesn't beat RBL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                            Saying you wish Dzyuba was Iranian instead of Azmoun is not talking trash?
                            Give me a break dude. Azmoun is the best player to come from Iran in a long time and has scored against top teams like Bayern Munich as well.
                            Way to bail on supporting your countrymen over having a couple of bad touches and lack of scoring in ONE FUCKING GAME.

i am criticizing him for a while now. i am not living in the past remembering his goals vs bayern munich or some other goals. he is no factor in the game....i jused wished Wilmots do not play him in the last two matches, and we lost also because of him vs. bahrain and iraq...he was no factor vs. Leipzig and he have not a good from since then..

Azmoun is way overrated...playing with him is playing with 10 men. and playing with shojaei and azmoun is playing with 9 men. Our loses are also because of this two players.
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

Missed the game, any video of his highlights? Or when he hits the post?

Comment

https://youtu.be/nkqkKh6Ggiw

1:29 clear penalty and Azmoun chance

Comment

Working...
                                X