• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ref should’ve given a bit more time at the end. A lot of time got wasted

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
      Ref should’ve given a bit more time at the end. A lot of time got wasted
      Over a minute for the goal being checked and about a minute of no play whilst Krasnodar had a free kick and he only played about 50 seconds extra.
      Sardar was in towards the end but Malcolm couldn’t find him.

Comment

With tie, Zenit still remains on top of the RPL standing with 10 points. A loss would have put them in 2nd place. Nice work boys!

Comment

The goal should have been disallowed. It was the clear foul of Ivanovic before. Having said this, beautiful pass of Sardar

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            The goal should have been disallowed. It was the clear foul of Ivanovic before.

really? Ivanovich barely touched the guy who was already falling down.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              really? Ivanovich barely touched the guy who was already falling down.
              That was a clear foul before the guy fail down. Barely touched it?!!?

Comment

was not able to catch the game. how did sardar play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                  was not able to catch the game. how did sardar play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  He hustled well, had a few half chances, was well marshalled by their defence who had a good game which he showed through his frustration towards the end with a few misplaced passes but he persevered well and gave a beautiful assist for Dzyuba’s equaliser. That’s four goals and one assist in five games so far this season.

Comment

Great assist by Sardar and excellent finish by Dzyuba. What a duo! When Sardar doesn’t score he assists!

Enjoy: https://video.varzesh3.com/video/197071

Go Sardar!

Comment

Dyzuba play a big part in Azmoun success and both complete each other well. He is unselfish and hard working.
                      I just don't get with both Dyzuba and Azmoun being very strong on air why coaching staff don't optimize this aspect of their game. Not many cross balls from sides in their strategy.
                      Has been while Sardar didn't score from header

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Dyzuba play a big part in Azmoun success and both complete each other well. He is unselfish and hard working.
                        I just don't get with both Dyzuba and Azmoun being very strong on air why coaching staff don't optimize this aspect of their game. Not many cross balls from sides in their strategy.
                        Has been while Sardar didn't score from header

There was quite a few balls into the box in this game, Sardar couldn’t get his head to a few even though he jumped well but was well defended . Dzyuba should have scored with two headers.

Comment

Sardar played a strong game. He was often well marked by the opposing defenders (Spajic and Martinovich, both tall and strong centerbacks). His chances were limited but what I really enjoy about Sardar is that he reads attacking plays well. One moment he's got his head down whilst taking a breather, one second later he's blazing past two defenders in perfect position to intercept a through-ball.

This is what makes Sardar special.

As a scout, here's how I'd rate some of the strengths and weakness of our target man:
                          Positioning: good (he's gotten a lot better at reading plays; no doubt his time in rubin and rostov as the lone poacher helped him greatly with this)
                          Explosiveness: good to excellent (he times his runs well and his speed is good, making him troublesome to defend against at all times)
                          Areal ability: excellent (rarely loses 1on1 headers even against taller opponents)
                          First touch: fair to good (this aspect has been improved upon but his first touch does let him down often nonetheless; there are many instances where his first touch releases the ball too far ahead of him to provide proper positioning or a shot on goal)
                          Finishing: fair to good (his % chances to goal ratio might be low but this metric might be skewed by the fact that he is a player that creates a lot of chances for himself; with more chances at Zenit, no doubt his finishing will continue to improve)
                          Stamina: good (this is the greatest improvement I've noticed in Sardar and it also goes hand in hand with his explosiveness. It probably has a lot to do with the quality of Zenit's midfield players as, unlike Rubin or Rostov, the game is played much closer to the opposition's half and doesn't force Sardar to have to run long distances back and forth to help a deep-set defensive formation. He now plays a strong 90 minutes and is much smarter about conserving his energy whilst also running back to help with pressing opposing midfielders when the opposition has the ball at center field)

Overall, I think Zenit is a strong, well balanced team that plays nice flowing football. They do squander lots of chances but their open play allows players like Dzyuba and Azmoun to create chances for themselves. Malcom's addition is going to be very interesting. If his link up play turns out good, Zenit will be a very strong team in the UCL.
                          Can't wait for the season to unfold!

Comment

Comment

Krasnodar are going to knock Porto out of the Champions League!

They looked a better side than the last time they faced Zenit in that 3-2 thriller back in April. They’ve signed some real quality players in Cabella, Namli, Vilhena, Kaio, Berg, and Kambolov in addition to their pre-existing stock of players.

Comment

It's very exciting to see Sardar finally live up to his potential at a good side like Zenit. Can't wait for the CL to begin.

Comment

Working...
                                X