Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why this loss has left so many of us cold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why this loss has left so many of us cold.

I'll keep it short.
    Basically in the span of 7 months we've seen Iran play the most meaningful football its going to play for another 3.5 years.
    We played in the World Cup and then Asian cup within a year.
    Persepolis also played in the ACL final. That's the most important Iranian football we'll watch in years.
    Europeans have the Nations League, the Euro Cup, the World Cup and of course Champions League. They are exposed to meaningful football so often, that even losses don't feel so bad and recovery periods are short.
    Whereas for us, we may have to wait decades before we play Japan in a meaningful game again!
    In Asia, when you lose, you have way too much time to think about it. And things change so much over time that it becomes hard to replicate anything.
    In short, AFC sucks, Bring the Asia Cup back to even years and create a tournament on FIFA match days to incentive friendlies. With the European Nations League it is going to be difficult to get good friendlies.
    Last edited by Nokhodi; 01-31-2019, 07:54 AM.

AFC is a joke.
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Man I want a Eurasian Cup. Europe and Asia are artifical countries anyway.

Within a Eurasian Cup or League neighboring countries like Turkey-Iran, China Russia or Kazakhstan Uzbekistan for Example could play more frequently.

And Asian countries would be more exposed to professional football.

I know it will never happen though. lol

Comment

For now we have to stick to games like Perspolis vs Padideh until WCQ starts

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
          Man I want a Eurasian Cup. Europe and Asia are artifical countries anyway.

Within a Eurasian Cup or League neighboring countries like Turkey-Iran, China Russia or Kazakhstan Uzbekistan for Example could play more frequently.

And Asian countries would be more exposed to professional football.

I know it will never happen though. lol
          Iran is a parish state. No decent European team would play iran. On top of that it would cost £. As much as i'd like to see meaningful friendlies, is rather the £ for x3 glamour friendlies be invested in facilities and grass roots football in the country.
          you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
          sigpic

Comment

Asia should move the Asian Cup to summer and make it every 2 years like Africa, this way it will not be during European seasons and teams will stay competitive all time.

Comment

I disagree. Asia starts qualifiers for major tournaments before any body. We take 3 years to qualify. No wonder Ali Daei has over 140 caps for Iran record in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by alireza0101 View Post
                I disagree. Asia starts qualifiers for major tournaments before any body. We take 3 years to qualify. No wonder Ali Daei has over 140 caps for Iran record in the world.
                It wasn't always like that.
                Before the 2006 qualifiers, the qualifiers would be completed within a few weeks and it was an absolute hell. It wasn't coordinated with FIFA's schedule either.

Comment

I have a close source that Brazil offered to play Iran 3 different times, and the iranian federation didnt accept...
                  Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                  http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                  [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                  Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                    I have a close source that Brazil offered to play Iran 3 different times, and the iranian federation didnt accept...
                    They offered at a rate IFF can't afford.
                    A Brazil friendly costs $2 million USD minimum!
                    That's more than CQ's salary.

Comment

Working...
                    X