UAE v Qatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saam View Post
    I lived in Dubai for 13 years and have many friends and relatives who still live there. At least 10-15 (non-Emirati) friends in Dubai have supported Qatar in this game on their social media. Guess they should all be in jail right now right? Lol.
    Yeah, Raging Inferno & DJ Alborz know it better. List their names and tomorrow they will be reported via an anonymous phone call by our beloved members here. How dare they support Qatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
      Yeah, Raging Inferno & DJ Alborz know it better. List their names and tomorrow they will be reported via an anonymous phone call by our beloved members here. How dare they support Qatar.

How is life like in Dubai? How is the Iranian community there?

I've always been fascinated with life in Dubai. It's basically what Iran should've been had we had our previous regime.

Comment

Dammit Xavi's prediction was spot on. It's unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
          How is life like in Dubai? How is the Iranian community there?

I've always been fascinated with life in Dubai. It's basically what Iran should've been had we had our previous regime.
          We have a mediocre Iranian community here with a very few Iranian gathering hubs. There is an Iranian club (sports & activities), an Iranian hospital, mosque, couple of Iranian schools, flea market and restaurants. No Persian nightclub exists as per what I know, however there are events such as Persian Nights and Bong Events that handle a lot of Iranian artist concerts within clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            Dammit Xavi's prediction was spot on. It's unbelievable!
            you better bet on Qatar winning the title! I feel like the Japanese will underestimate them....
            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
              you better bet on Qatar winning the title! I feel like the Japanese will underestimate them....
              True that!

Honestly I think Qatar will beat them. We should have also won that match had it not been for the clumsiness and idiotic gesture of our defenders on the first goal.

Comment

I actually was checking Qatar squad and except 3-4 players the rest are either Qatari or Soudani's who born in Qatar. So i guess their recent squad has less foreign base players. Their best players Moez Ali is Soudani who born in Qatar and Afif who is a Qatari same as Heydous.

Comment

Yeah they have actually reduced the number of mercenaries in their team - even the sudanese players moved to qatar at a young age. The Qatar team is more "Qatari" than the Switzerland team is "Swiss" if we are talking about foreign-born or raised players...

This is just the effect of good planning, attention to detail and care. Us Iranians need to learn this one lesson from these people. I hope someone has the intelligence to analyse this and create a targeted approach. We can't just rely on people like Mahdavikia's Kia FC to produce roots for professionalising our football...

They are only going to get better and better because, in practice, the results of the Aspire Academy haven't even arrived yet! Scary thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                    I lived in Dubai for 13 years and have many friends and relatives who still live there. At least 10-15 (non-Emirati) friends in Dubai have supported Qatar in this game on their social media. Guess they should all be in jail right now right? Lol.
                    I didn't say that the Emirati police are enforcing the law. The fact that the law is on the books is disgusting.

It's like Congress passing a law stating that all persons born in Iran but residing in the U.S. are no longer allowed to drive or own property, but the government doesn't actually enforce the law. The mere presence of that law, particularly to someone who hears of it for the first time and is considering visiting the U.S., is going to cause some concern (not to mention be extremely offended).
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I’m surprisingly sensitive to criticism of the UAE because you want to assert your opinion down my throat.
                      Not at all. You're just sensitive. You already got warned by staff for going crazy at another member a few pages ago on this issue. When you snap at every member on this point, the problem probably resides with you.

If I had a different location on my bio
                      It's irrelevant to me. Your responses are what I base my assessments on.

while I was trying to prove a point that a 2 year old article does NOT MENTION A WORD ABOUT A 15 YEAR IMPRISONMENT FOR SUPPORTING QATARI NATIONAL TEAM DURING THE AFC
                      I didn't say that supporting the Qatari national team during the AFC Championship causes a 15-year imprisonment.

I said that "expressing written, verbal or visual support" for Qatar is illegal. I clearly specified that there is very little legal guidance available (due to the UAE's rudimentary legal transparency compared to a common law nation) on how UAE authorities are applying that law in the context of fan behaviour, but I imagine that the ambiguity/arbitrary nature of the UAE's legal system would have a chilling effect on Qatari fans' ability to support their team, as I stated in my post earlier in this thread which you read but I am re-posting for your convenience:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2624071

You need to appreciate the difference between the existence of a law, and the application of the law. You're confusing the two. I only stated that the law existed, and that the law's existence is going to cause concern for people. You first denied that the law existed because the article was old, then you changed your argument to state that no-one was being arrested for supporting Qatar at the AFC (which is a question of the application of the law). I never made a claim to the contrary on the latter point.

Use the link and tell me what you think.
                      See above. They seem to be making it hard for people to physically support Qataris rather than relying on their law criminalizing support for Qatar (which would cause more international embarrassment).

I mean, I’m really curious to how exactly are you trying to make a point in here?
                      Go back a few pages and you'll see the context in which I initially raised the point.

I have nothing in my heart for Arabs and neither do I have anything against them, but advise from me to you (and to the other guy arguing the same thing earlier) it’s good to use your brain sometimes as a non biased person.
                      It's always entertaining when someone who can't master basic grammar (e.g. knowing the difference between a noun and a verb) tries to insult another's brainpower. Thanks for the "advise" [sic].
                      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

UAE v Qatar

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                        Not at all. You're just sensitive. You already got warned by staff for going crazy at another member a few pages ago on this issue. When you snap at every member on this point, the problem probably resides with you.

It's irrelevant to me. Your responses are what I base my assessments on.

I didn't say that supporting the Qatari national team during the AFC Championship causes a 15-year imprisonment.

I said that "expressing written, verbal or visual support" for Qatar is illegal. I clearly specified that there is very little legal guidance available (due to the UAE's rudimentary legal transparency compared to a common law nation) on how UAE authorities are applying that law in the context of fan behaviour, but I imagine that the ambiguity/arbitrary nature of the UAE's legal system would have a chilling effect on Qatari fans' ability to support their team, as I stated in my post earlier in this thread which you read but I am re-posting for your convenience:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2624071

You need to appreciate the difference between the existence of a law, and the application of the law. You're confusing the two. I only stated that the law existed, and that the law's existence is going to cause concern for people. You first denied that the law existed because the article was old, then you changed your argument to state that no-one was being arrested for supporting Qatar at the AFC (which is a question of the application of the law). I never made a claim to the contrary on the latter point.

See above. They seem to be making it hard for people to physically support Qataris rather than relying on their law criminalizing support for Qatar (which would cause more international embarrassment).

Go back a few pages and you'll see the context in which I initially raised the point.

It's always entertaining when someone who can't master basic grammar (e.g. knowing the difference between a noun and a verb) tries to insult another's brainpower. Thanks for the "advise" [sic].
                        As a person who speaks 5 languages fluently, I really couldn’t care less about your thoughts on my grammar. You can be a charming grammar king for the ladies on Tinder but over here I see nothing substantial in your replies.

You need to go back and read pal. However, let me explain what happened. A link was posted here claiming that whoever supports Qatar against UAE may face 15 years imprisonment. The thread title says UAE vs Qatar. Posted on the same day the two nations played. Posted on a football forum. The source provided was two years old and has nothing to do with football. Whatever was written on that article is true, but again, irrelevant to the game or supporters of Qatar. I’ve been merely pointing out that the link or source provided is misleading and the person who read it misunderstood the concept, trying to explain that whatever it is UAE government meant by no support, empathy or complains for the Qatari’s situation, it was about their sudden deportation from the country at the time. People had to leave behind their families, friends, businesses, properties and that meant they had to separate or leave everything behind in a span of 14 days that was given to them.

Once you are able to comprehend this, the fact that a two year old article has nothing to do with the game, and that people were free to support whichever team they wanted to without going to jail, then I would acknowledge your brainpower.

P.S kindly don’t make any further ridiculous remarks about “application of the law and existence of the law bla bla making it hard for Qataris to breathe bla bla you’re a sensitive UAE lover etc”. I’m expecting to see solid facts and sources in your next reply.

Comment

You need to go back and read pal. However, let me explain what happened. A link was posted here claiming that whoever supports Qatar against UAE may face 15 years imprisonment.
                          Yes, in fact the UAE law states the same. The law still exists.

Gulf News quoted the Attorney General as stating that "strict and firm action will be taken against anyone who shows sympathy or any form of bias towards Qatar, or against anyone who objects to the position of the United Arab Emirates, whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form".

The source provided was two years old and has nothing to do with football.
                          That's because you don't grasp the difference between what is written in a statute (i.e. what the government may do according to its own laws), and the enforcement of the statute (whether the government chooses to enforce those laws or not).

You keep jumping up and down saying that no-one was arrested for supporting Qatar. I never said that they were. Since you're so fluent in five languages, look up the meaning of the phrase 'non-sequitur'.

trying to explain that whatever it is UAE government meant by no support, empathy or complains for the Qatari’s situation, it was about their sudden deportation from the country at the time.
                          The statute was not drafted like that though. It was drafted much more broadly.

Gulf News quoted the Attorney General as stating that "strict and firm action will be taken against anyone who shows sympathy or any form of bias towards Qatar, or against anyone who objects to the position of the United Arab Emirates, whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form".

The law did not limit its application to deportations. It's very broadly drafted. The law still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Yeah they have actually reduced the number of mercenaries in their team - even the sudanese players moved to qatar at a young age. The Qatar team is more "Qatari" than the Switzerland team is "Swiss" if we are talking about foreign-born or raised players...

This is just the effect of good planning, attention to detail and care. Us Iranians need to learn this one lesson from these people. I hope someone has the intelligence to analyse this and create a targeted approach. We can't just rely on people like Mahdavikia's Kia FC to produce roots for professionalising our football...

They are only going to get better and better because, in practice, the results of the Aspire Academy haven't even arrived yet! Scary thought.
                            The result of the final aside. Many pundits are saying Qatar could go onto be the first Asian team to win the World Cup! Although I believe this is fanciful after a single tournament I think Aspire Academy will at the very least ensure Qatar qualifies for the WC for at least the next 2-3 times.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mcintinhos/statu...79786342264832
                              Just received confirmation from the AFC that the UAE has submitted a formal protest over the eligibility of both Almoez Ali and Bassam Al-Rawi to represent Qatar and that is currently being reviewed. Massive news.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                                Yes, in fact the UAE law states the same. The law still exists.
                                That's because you don't grasp the difference between what is written in a statute (i.e. what the government may do according to its own laws), and the enforcement of the statute (whether the government chooses to enforce those laws or not).
                                You keep jumping up and down saying that no-one was arrested for supporting Qatar. I never said that they were. Since you're so fluent in five languages, look up the meaning of the phrase 'non-sequitur'.
                                The statute was not drafted like that though. It was drafted much more broadly.
                                The law did not limit its application to deportations. It's very broadly drafted. The law still exists.
                                Aghaye Duzakhe Khashmgir,
                                Are you currently or have in the last two years, visited or lived in Dubai? Are you somehow studying UAE law or have any business to do with the law structure here?
                                Why are you circling around the same words again and again. I am beginning to lose focus of what we are discussing and what is relevant to the matter.

It's very simple, forget UAE general attorney forget the statue forget your Victorian English Grammar & Vocabulary. Imagine Iranians get deported from USA over a span of 7 days, stated, signed and published by the attorney general in the local newspaper whatever-it-may-be. Obviously people (Americans & expats) are going to be outraged because its an inhumane act and they will lose their family or friends etc. Therefore USA says whoever speaks against or protests against this Iranian ban will be punished by law. Now this is just an example do not start teaching me about American laws and freedom of speech.

Again, I am basically repeating the same things, UAE did all of the above, did say whoever shows acts of support to the Qataris or the nation of Qatar is a punishable act. I am not denying that. However that has died down now in these 2 years. No, Qataris are not allowed to enter, Qatar airways is not allowed to use the airspace above UAE, but nobody cares anymore.

As the other gentleman member also stated and I am stating myself, we know people who supported Qatar against UAE, on social media and inside Cafes, bistros, bars, pubs, etc. I myself supported Qatar and nothing has happened to anyone. It is not a crime to support a national team in football, whether it may be Qatar or it may be Israel NT. There is no such law here.
                                And the whole point of this argument was, people can get jailed for supporting Qatar in a football match against UAE. You are swaying away from topic and teaching me laws of a country I'm currently living in.

If my poor English is incomprehensible to you, maybe someone else can translate it for Doozakhe Khashmgir.

Comment

Working...
                                X