Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup 2022 Qualification in Asia

Hey guys,

There's currently 4.5 spots allocated to Asia. I was wondering since Qatar is hosting it does that mean that Iran, Japan, Korea, Saudi and Australia will fight for the remaining 3.5 spots?

I remember that was the case in 2002 world cup. I just hope that is not that case. If Carlos was in charge I would have been more confident but without him it'll be a tough job to get done.

asia will have qatar + 4,5 spots. what the biggest issue is the draw for the intercontinental playoffs. if afc gets drawns vs colombia/chile or uruguay its unlikely but if they get canada/jamaica or honduras its more likely to get 5 spots + qatar = 6 teams

Comment

Ah let the fun begin
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I guess it all depends if they choose to have more than 32 teams (40)because there have been lot of discussions about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
          I guess it all depends if they choose to have more than 32 teams (40)because there have been lot of discussions about it.
          I think they really want to, but because this world cup is being held in tiny Qatar (joke in itself) they'll hold off until 2026 for logistical reasons.
          you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
          sigpic

Comment

We will go to the World Cup 2022! No matter what. I am still sad about that Carlos will go.. but maybe there is a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
              I think they agreed it's 32 teams for 2022 WC and 48 teams for 2026 WC.

When does the 'qualifier' for the qualifiers start for us? When's the draw?
              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Too soon.

Comment

Let's never forget this pain and turn it into motivation. All in for Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                    I think they agreed it's 32 teams for 2022 WC and 48 teams for 2026 WC.

When does the 'qualifier' for the qualifiers start for us? When's the draw?
                    July. No idea when qualifiers start.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                      Ah let the fun begin
                      it is like starting all over again. gonna be a tough journey but sometimes toughness is needed for us to rise to the occasion.
                      A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

well according to Wikipedia, the qualifier will be from June 6th 2019 until November 16th 2021
                        TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I hope we group with Australia in the qualifiers

Comment

Guys just know that the first round we will be in an easier group. Remember our Oman, Turkmenistan, Guam, India group.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              Guys just know that the first round we will be in an easier group. Remember our Oman, Turkmenistan, Guam, India group.
                              The first round is a joke for top Asian teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X