Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Team Melli Coaching Search Begins ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armen View Post
    What about Alberto Zaccheroni? He confirmed today that his contract with UAE expires after the Asian Cup.
    I'm not particularly a fan of his style.
    How about Slaven Bilic? he's coaching Al-Ittihad in SA.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      You must be new to Iranian football
      Thank you. I almost quoted him, but then I changed my mind as I am not a big fan of engaging in prolonged arguments. That comment felt like the sound of screeching tires!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        Thank you. I almost quoted him, but then I changed my mind as I am not a big fan of engaging in prolonged arguments. That comment felt like the sound of screeching tires!
        he actually believes Mayeli Kohan would be a great candidate to replace CQ.
        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

^One of the major factors behind the backwardness of Iran is that for every forward looking person with common sense in that country there has always been at least one other who not only wants to live in the stone age, but wears it like a badge of honor.

How can you even begin to argue with a creature that prefers MK to someone like CQ??... It's like trying to reason with someone who'd rather drink bleach than water.

Comment

It's all a show,
            For the next 1 1/2 years(until Branko's contract with PP expires) we will have a few crappy coaches that will perform poorly... then magically Branko will step in to save the day!
            It's all in the plans my friends, just watch!

Comment

We need to wake up and smell the coffee: a new coach is not going to change anything. We will continue to get the same results we have gotten in the last 40 years even if we hire the best tactician in the world.

CQ's eight-year reign illustrates that no matter who is in charge, we will never win anything or make a deep run at the World Cup because we lack the necessary infrastructure, youth system, investment, and quality preparation. You can't just make up for those things by hiring a top coach. We need to realize that where we got to with CQ is about as high as we can go with a top coach; that talent alone is not enough.

Unless the above are in place--I don't foresee anything changing soon--we should enjoy things like making it to the semi-final of the AC or getting a win and maybe, if we get lucky, making it to the round of 16 at the WC before getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                We need to wake up and smell the coffee: a new coach is not going to change anything. We will continue to get the same results we have gotten in the last 40 years even if we hire the best tactician in the world.

CQ's eight-year reign illustrates that no matter who is in charge, we will never win anything or make a deep run at the World Cup because we lack the necessary infrastructure, youth system, investment, and quality preparation. You can't just make up for those things by hiring a top coach. We need to realize that where we got to with CQ was about as high as we can go with a top coach; that talent alone is not enough.

Unless the above are in place--I don't foresee anything changing soon--we should enjoy things like making it to the semi-final of the AC or getting a win and maybe, if we get lucky, making it to the round of 16 at the WC before getting knocked out.
                Precisely. Just look at Qatar.

Comment

The Team Melli Coaching Search Begins ...

Please add Imam Zaman to the list of potential coaches. The likelihood of getting anyone of them at this point in Iran is the same.
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Oh man, the new wave of pro-Iranian coach for TM has already started the campaign. I see many IRIB football pundits suggesting this notion of hiring a domestic coach.

Folks, prepare for yet another post-2006 WC through 2012 ordeal of selecting numerous domestic coach who one after another failed (Great Iranian football depression era)

You may burry the high hopes of hiring a world class coach...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Start at 23:07. I wish IFF and the sporting ministry understood or cared about the point Zandi makes about foundations, planning, and academies.
                      Whoever comes in to coach Iran needs to understand this point and care enough about our players and the country/program to fight for the same things CQ fought to get for the players (facilities, trainings, friendlies, high quality training and match gear, etc). It's going to be a tall ask to find someone that passionate and willing to deal with IFF and the sporting ministry's BS.

Comment

Which rumor is the most realistic? The Morocco coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          Which rumor is the most realistic? The Morocco coach?
                          ghelenoi

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            ghelenoi
                            Hahahaha come on

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                              CQ's eight-year reign illustrates that no matter who is in charge, we will never win anything or make a deep run at the World Cup because we lack the necessary infrastructure, youth system, investment, and quality preparation. You can't just make up for those things by hiring a top coach. We need to realize that where we got to with CQ is about as high as we can go with a top coach; that talent alone is not enough.
                              So true.

We are still incredibly lucky to have TM as our ambassadors on a regular basis. Glimmer of hope...

A top coach is not a miracle maker. Too many unfavourable factors drain the coach and team. Trying hard enough will only get them so far...

I think we would have even more admiration for TM if a non-censored behind the scenes documentary was made about their journey up to now. Kafkaesque absurdity.
                              We might even cry.

Mentalities are slowly changing even if we still have lots of hoggers and naneh ghamars domestically who want to run everything,have high expectations from their staff but don't provide the guidance nor the means for a project to succeed.

Despite this mess, TM does have benevolent beings around them and that's why they are alive and kicking.
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

No professional foreign coach will dedicate 4 years of his life to a team that has a federation who cant even arrange friendlies.

Comment

Working...
                                X