The tactical flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tactical flaw

Azmoun was never gonna do anything.on his own up front. He needed a other false 9 like taremi or ansarifard.FROM THE BEGINNING to at least put some pressure off of him when the long crosses came.

I cannot recall a single time Azmoun won a game for us on his own up front and this was the major tactical flaw of today's performance.

I think if we played 360mins of this football, we would only have a 10% chance of scoring. Our tactics were no good for the Japanese today.

To CQ credit, I think he saw this and that is why he was going to bring in another striker (Ansarifard) so Azmoun had support. But when we went a goal down, it changed everything.

Sorry, but this was the best TM and everyone at their prime for years to come. I predict a medicre TM in 4 years time and a great one again in 8/10 years when all the kids from Mahdavia Kias academy grow up and are in their youth/prime playing g for Europy clubs

well is taremi fault, for not using his brain and getting the yellow card, if he was there , we would have better chances.

Comment

can we please stop reading into this loss so much? its so simple and clear as to what screwed us over - it was not tactics, it wasn't one player, it wasn't CQ.......it was our god damn inability to focus on the game at hand and stop b!tching and complaining to the ref every 3 seconds! it is an embarrassing thing that has been associated with our team for some time and that is what tore us up....ourselves! history had repeated itself yet again today.....we are our own worst enemy and until we can acknowledge and address this fully the cup drought will continue
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

TAREMI absence was bigger than anyone imagined.
        But players HAVE TO KNOW to play until you hear the whistle.
        Japan had not done anything up to that point. You knew that ANSARIFARD was gonna come in at some point. But after we went down 1-0 we pulled out the player who had the LEGS (Amiri) to be like a TAREMI.

It was a very hurtful loss. One mistake and you end up getting exposed.

Comment

azmoun almost scored in the first half, nutmegging two japanese players. we had several free kicks and corners and couldn't generate any chances from those

i think CQ should have started ghoddos in place of amiri

i don't blame taremi for his second yellow, he looked like he was trying to avoid a collision, but got booked anyway (not aimed at you, but several members here called him an idiot for that when it was clearly an accident)
          SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            well is taremi fault, for not using his brain and getting the yellow card, if he was there , we would have better chances.
            Or CQ who started him over Torabi against a Chinese team that on a bad day we could won 1-0.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

As soon as I saw Taremi get the yellow card last game my heart sank completely. However many chances he misses stupidly, he completely counterbalances this by the extent he stretches the opponent defence and gets in strange positions.

Not to mention his partnership with Azmoun, as many of us have said they are much better together than the sum of their individual parts.

No other forward can be such a nuisance as him. I love Kaveh but I see him more as a nok-e-hamleh. Sure he can hustle, but not anywhere near the same way that Taremi does. Completely different players.

It's weird but I personally feel that that individual moment cost us this game...

Comment

Get over it, Japan are just a different class. They completely shut down our midfield, all that was left for us was sending hopeful long balls forward. I'm glad we shut them down well too and had 1.5 chances before the blackout of the century.

The tactical mistake was suddenly taking much more risk in second half. Exposing our defense to the super fast and technically extremely good Japanese was unnecessary. That's how it all came to that comical clown show. It was a well executed counter by Japan.

Comment

I am done watching TM for a while guys

CQ's tactics , with or without Taremi , was wrong for this match period.

Comment

It's so funny when people say this because it's simply not true.
                    That is the worst Japan side i have seen in some years and had it not been for our lack of focus and amateur behavior, we very well could have won this match.

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                    Get over it, Japan are just a different class. They completely shut down our midfield, all that was left for us was sending hopeful long balls forward. I'm glad we shut them down well too and had 1.5 chances before the blackout of the century.

The tactical mistake was suddenly taking much more risk in second half. Exposing our defense to the super fast and technically extremely good Japanese was unnecessary. That's how it all came to that comical clown show. It was a well executed counter by Japan.

Comment

CQ was wrong this tine in his tactics, he tuned into a one trick pony, Japanese coach was brilliant! shut us down defended well, Stopped the long balls, and basically devoured our team with a young team !!! KUDOS to them !...

Comment

Our tactics were fine. The game could have been 120 minutes. Wear down with long balls then bring karim or ghodoos. That was his plan. We were the better team. Had it not been for the no whistle which apparently there was someone else that blew the whistle, we would not have lost. I don’t get the penalty. Why go to var? You are sent to VAR to change your decision. How long will you aussies hold a grudge for knocking you out of the 98 cup

Comment

Working...
                        X