X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest In Peace Amir Aghahosseini

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/432...ni-passes-away

Ex-Iran goalkeeper Amir Aghahosseini passes away

TEHRAN – Former Iran national football team and Shahin club Amir Aghahosseini has died at the age of 88 on Tuesday.

Aghahosseini was a member of Iran national football team who won the silver medal at the 1951 Asian Games in New Delhi, India.

At the age of 19, he saved Japan’s penalty in the Games’ semis and Team Melli qualified for the final, where they lost to hosts India.

Aghahosseini was a member of Tehran based football club Shahin from 1948 to 1955.

An accident left him blind in one eye, but he was playing in Shahin for a while.

He also represented Team Melli five times.

The Tehran Times staff offer heartfelt condolences to his bereaved family.

روحت شاد پهلوون
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Khoda biamorzateshoon...

Comment

He was my friend's school principal in Shahriar School (later renamed Montazeri) in Gholhak.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

RIP .

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
          به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

I loved the guy he was my teacher and coach in 77-78 in Shahriyar high school in Tehran he actually was good basketball player as well all around supper man. Got bless him

Comment

RIP. He was the "nazem" at my high school "Montazeri" in gholhak, in 1360-1361.

Comment

He was blind in one eye because of soccer that's why he stoped playing. He was our soccer coach in jam valiant play against Alborz and Valiaht team he also coached team Homa

Comment

RIP...

Comment

Originally posted by tom naraghi View Post
                    I loved the guy he was my teacher and coach in 77-78 in Shahriyar high school in Tehran he actually was good basketball player as well all around supper man. Got bless him
                    Rest in peace , I was told he was a fearless goalie and very agile .Nasser Hejazi used to praise him highly .

Comment

RIP...

Comment

Working...
                      X