No announcement yet.

OMAN national football team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traditionally one of the most underrated arab teams..!
    they always play us tough and we often have a hard time beating them..!!

i havent seen any of their group games this time around, wonder how good of a side are they now..?

i expect a somewhat challenging game regardless, but im pretty confident we will manage to get by them and into quarters..!

Comment

OMAN HICH POKHI NIST

Comment

Oman's Head Coach Pim Verbeek (Netherlands) was South Korea's coach when they eliminated Team Melli at the Quarter Finals of 2007 AFC Asian Cup winning the penalty shootout. I won't be surprised if Oman and Team Melli tie 0-0 or 1-1 and god forbid Team Melli has bad record in penalties.

Team Melli should go on strong and score at least 2 goals in the first half to secure a win.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          traditionally one of the most underrated arab teams..!
          they always play us tough and we often have a hard time beating them..!!

i havent seen any of their group games this time around, wonder how good of a side are they now..?

i expect a somewhat challenging game regardless, but im pretty confident we will manage to get by them and into quarters..!
          They played very good so far, very unlucky against Uzbekistan losing the match in last minutes after missing so many chances and got robbed against Japan. they denied a clear penalty and Japan's goal was no penalty. they struggled against Turkmenistan but they played their heart out in last 10 minutes and scored 2 goals to qualify. that last second goal in 93rd minute turned out to be crucial

I see only few teams better than Oman in this tournament so far, they will also have lots of fans in the stadium. we should not be afraid of them but we have to be very careful. this match can easily send us home if we underestimate them.

Comment

Sardar scored both goals against Oman in the 2-0 win in 2016. He should have his confidence up for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
              Oman has a very good goalkeeper. The game should not go to penalties.
              I think he retired from their NT if you mean Al-Habsi since he isn't in the squad
              ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

We will win but we must let them come and we make counter attack football and use there mistakes in one moment of the match. We need to defend with 11 like we did agrainst Spain and attack with counter. We must not play for penalty's but make it and not forget to score!

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
                  Faiz Al-Rushaidi

Full name Faiz Issa Khadoom Al-Rushaidi
                  Date of birth 19 July 1988 (age 30)
                  Place of birth Al-Rustaq, Oman
                  Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
                  Playing position Goalkeeper

Faiz Issa Khadoom Al-Rushaidi (Arabic: فايز بن عيسى الرشيدي‎; born 19 July 1988), commonly known as Faiz Al-Rushaidi, is an Omani footballer who plays for Al-Ain in Prince Mohammad bin Salman League.[1]
                  Last year i sat behind him in the oman air flight to munich! I just wanted to say he is an asshole total snob!!
                  Bollywood

Comment

If I remember correctly, in 2004 AC we played Oman in that memorable game coming back from 0-2 deficit to tie it in 90 plus minutes. Badavi and Rahman fought each other on the pitch. We were grouped with Japan and played them to a draw in our last group match forcing Oman from advancing to the next round. Omanis complained about gav bandi between Iran and Japan intentionally playing for a draw.

Comment

If qatar and iran go to final and qatar wins, are we still going to qualify to confederations cup?

Comment

Originally posted by peyman117 View Post
                        If qatar and iran go to final and qatar wins, are we still going to qualify to confederations cup?
                        The Confederations Cup is going to be replaced by the expanded club World Cup.

Comment

I wont even look at their roster... no further analysis is needed on Oman. Guaranteed Win

Comment

The 3-1 score against Turkmenistan was misleading. The Oman team faced a very shaky TKM goalkeeper who made silly mistakes you don't expect to see from a national side player. 3 or 4 unnecessary corners, punching out balls when he could have easily kept possession. Not saying this would be an easy win, but it would be shocking if this match goes to PK
                            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                              The 3-1 score against Turkmenistan was misleading. The Oman team faced a very shaky TKM goalkeeper who made silly mistakes you don't expect to see from a national side player. 3 or 4 unnecessary corners, punching out balls when he could have easily kept possession. Not saying this would be an easy win, but it would be shocking if this match goes to PK
                              We are over analyzing the Oman game, this is going to be a blow out... enjoy the show!

Comment

Iran got a good break with heading their group and playing ( a much weakened) Oman!! Poor Iraq, they will Struggle against a resurgent Qatar and it will be an interesting game!

Comment

Working...
                                X