X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    Masoud Shojaei has not played.
    Masoud was missed.
    People are going to have to pick on someone else for today's results.
    Boohoo....
    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
      why cant we expect more from our team over a war torn Iraq. If you watched the game you should be disappointed. Terrible passing, terrible dribbling. Second half was absolutely dreadful football. Yes we topped the group, but unless apologists like you expect more, we will be happy with tying Iraq. I for one, and many other members want our team to improve and not make excuses. You cant tell me you werent gtting nervous towards the end of the game, they had more possession and even had that great header than beiravand saved. So in other words, expect more.
      They're not excuses. They're about setting goals.
      CQ is not a child. You always go for a win but you adjust your strategy based on the path ahead.
      We could have gone crazy and tired our players out and perhaps won... and been in the exact same spot we are now!

Why waste more energy for the same result.

And I only expect one thing - to win when it matters!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        CQ got exactly what he wanted! No suspensions , no injuries , rested the players and most importantly got the group leader position ! Also gave playing to Jahanbakhsh.
        I imagine whould you say the same if our coach was iranian ?

Truth is Iran could not win and Iraq was much better, you may play for a single point and that was enough but does that explain why you dont have a single combination for 30 minutes of the match and look like you are india playing against brazil ?

Comment

Also, photos of two penalties Irmatov did not call:

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
            Truth is Iran could not win and Iraq was much better, you may play for a single point and that was enough but does that explain why you dont have a single combination for 30 minutes of the match and look like you are india playing against brazil ?
            Iran is first in the group. End of story.
            You don't like it go support Arogh.

Comment

Balance in midfield: I understand being tighter against Iraq, and resting players but the midfield didn’t need to contain Cheshmi, Ebrahimi, Amiri and JB. All of these players for TM are better off the ball than they are on it. (Although I don't understand the criticism of Cheshmi, who I think did ok). In one game we’ve gone from too attacking a midfield to too defensive - we need a better balance.

Full backs - I thought both did well against a decent Iraq team, with quality players like Humam Tariq able to probe and switch play and try to expose them.

Long throws - so predictable, unadventurous and defeatist - we need to mix it up. It’s like we’re still in the underdog mindset trying to score goals from set pieces rather than trusting our ability on the ball. Ghoddos and JB should be good enough to come short, receive it under pressure and look to cross or probe play.

Taremi - needs to start next game, he makes such a difference physically and is able to link up play with Azmoun like no other.

Amiri - has had a poor tournament so far, yet his leading of the press is usually so important for us. I think CQ has a crucial decision to make for the knockout phases against better opposition - continue with him in a system that doesn't seem to suit him and where he's not playing well or bring in both Dejagah and Torabi to have more influence in possession.

Overall: decent result and players rested and protected but we need to step up the quality in the knockouts.

Lastly, please stop whining about the referee and the opposition - it’s boring and embarrassing. Yes, the referee got a few decisions wrong, but overall I thought they went more in our favour than Iraq. Also, Iraq didn’t play any more physically or dirty than Iran - if anything we were lucky not to have a red for Ghoddos and a yellow for Ebrahimi. If we’re going to be Asian Champions we need to be able to handle a physical game and not react angrily in the way we have done so far this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Nice photographic evidence. I did not see the first one, but it looks clear cut. The second one, you can argue, was totally unintentional (a very crowded group in the box, a shot was taken at very close range and was bound to hit somebody on some body part without intent).

Comment

To Spyder, in case you don't see your edited post:

Do not use the term A**** Gulf here ever again, not even for "pulling your leg" purposes! You got a friendly warning now, but next time you'll be banned!
                  Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

AJB should have been subbed in after we went up 3-0 vs. Yemen .. NOT Starting this match.
                    I was surprised to see CHESHMI . But I guess he did his job.
                    GHODDOS had his worse game for Team Melli so far. His corners were wasteful except for one. I think he should only take corners from the left.
                    We really missed PAG in the back. HOSSEINI was not solid without PAG by his side.
                    But this game should have shown all of us three essential players to this squad : BEIRAVAND . TAREMI and EZATOLLAHI
                    I'm glad we had a game like this. Nothing was easy tonight. We played smart football. And we achieved our goal of getting first place.
                    Now we can prepare with less stress for the next match. And the NEGATIVE fans don't really have much to complain about.
                    IRAQ came to frustrate us in the first half and they did well. Their central defenders are VERY good in my opinion.

Best wishes to Team Melli and anyone reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post

You are obviously new and probably haven't seen my posts against CQ. I was one of the anti CQ members here specially when we lost to lebanon . But CQ shut me up after we qualified and played amazingly in world cup 14 . CQ knows how to play and achieve in every game. Its our IFF that mess up everything ! The ref don't give a crap about us cuz they know IFF has no power. Look at the results and stats ! 20 players have played. Most players have been rested! No suspention ! First team of the group ! What else do you want ?

Do you wanted us to play with our full potential and get suspentions and bring tiredness to our squad! Be wise ! just think about it.

With this generation of player CQ is the best choice for TM .

Comment

if you think the 2nd one was not intentional .... there is NO WAY the first one was either.
                        The ref was not at his best today, but none of these were penalties. The one with OMID was one where we can have a better claim and even that one was iffy ....
                        0-0 was a fair result ....we STILL had the best chance of the match and Azmoun should have buried that

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                          To Spyder, in case you don't see your edited post:

Do not use the term A**** Gulf here ever again, not even for "pulling your leg" purposes! You got a friendly warning now, but next time you'll be banned!
                          Wow, I've seen much worse posts go without any warning. Just so I'm clear, the term "Arab Gulf" is a red line, but people using terms like "rape" to describe a football match routing is tolerated?

Comment

If I have to pick the best Ianian player, it would be MilMo.
                            This guy totally subdued all of Iraqi speedsters. sometimes with his pace, sometimes with his game reading.

I am so excited to see him evolve into this magnificent player.

=========

My complaints about our game is why the Midfield didn't try to settle the game down and keep possession.

While I see why they were harried, due to the over the top pressing. But that was reason enough for our lads to keep the ball at whatever the cost.
                            Cheshmi's inability in passing was a major factor since he was bang in the middle of the park.
                            With Dejagah's intro, CQ tried to remedy that.

But we simply cant predict our tactics for the upcoming phase from this game.

I'm hoping we see a more composed, attacking team in the next two games at least. Up until the Semis where we may meet Japan.

Comment

Why do you guys think that Ghoddos will get suspended? Sure he did kick the player and got a yellow for it. It was not even a red. He lost his cool but I think that's as far as it goes. BTW are cards dismissed after the next game?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

first one was not a penalty.

2nd one was. but seeing the crowd around the ball, I can understand ref not seeing it

Comment

Working...
                                X