Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
    If you beat them then they won't make that video... that simple
    I don't care about that video, that was OK. What bothered me was their disgraceful behaviour in both Malaysia and Tehran and their disgusting tricks: https://youtu.be/hGc_Eumuqg8?t=95 - I know everyone does it a bit but they consistently brought the level of the game to the gutter level, much like Bahrain used to be 17 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      The Aussies would play us fair.
      The Aussies never played us fair. Did you forget how they treated TM in '97 and got
      slapped back with elimination. That was why that 2-2 draw felt like 6-0 win to every
      Iranian fan.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
        The Aussies never played us fair. Did you forget how they treated TM in '97 and got
        slapped back with elimination. That was why that 2-2 draw felt like 6-0 win to every
        Iranian fan.
        To be fair, we played like grassrollers at the end. Wasting time like the Tahami incident... but I guess that is ok if we do it and not others.

Comment

I feel sad to see Syria eliminated.
          I was hoping we'd meet them somewhere along the way and RAPE them thoroughly

Is it me or does somebody else like watching Arabic highlights of games arabs lose, hearing the comm curse and lament and twist himself into knots with goals scored against them?

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/183...3-سوریه-2

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            The Aussies would play us fair. The Syrians would cheat, grassroll, and tempt our players into stupid decisions.
            I will say this only once in this thread so we stay football related. Iran is not an Arab country, and nowhere is it written that we should be supporters or saviors for Arabs. If they dig their own graves, let it be that way.

We only care about our team and Syria being eliminated is good news. Hopefully, Omar Al-Soma spends the rest of his unmemorable and forgettable career in Saudi Arabia and withers back into nonrelevance.
            Ok get off you high horse let's walk together. I disagree, what I saw is a Syria team that can only play for 60 or so minutes and it's out of shape slow and not very organized I'd rather play them than the Aussies or even Oman, Bahrain and such any old day. Secondly why the name calling and outright hostility towards the Syrian? Are you sure your motivation in just football related?

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
              Iranian fan.
              One fan.

Syrian players were actively looking to get our players carded and injured. I remember in Malaysia their RB almost broke Mohammadi's leg with a two foot challenge and then he faked an injury to avoid a card.

Even after the Ben Williams incident, the Australian media blasted the guy including Mark Bosnich('97 goalie). You are telling me that if Syria got the same penalty call they did today.. BeIN sports would question it? No, they would have a hive mentality and belittle us for losing. They conspire together against us and for that, you bet I'm going to celebrate their elimination even if their country is virtually non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                To be fair, we played like grassrollers at the end. Wasting time like the Tahami incident... but I guess that is ok if we do it and not others.
                In fairness every team in the world wastes time at times. But doing consistent, strategic grassrolling and dirty tricks for 90 minutes is different.
                We did waste time in Melbourne and any other team in our position would have done the same at the end. Don't forget the bizzare 9+ minutes of extra time!!!
                The behaviour of Syrians in Malaysia (as depicted on video) was plain unsportsmanlike and disgusting for 90 mins, and seriously undermined their integrity. Of course I hope we'd dealt with it on the pitch and shut them up by winning, but still I can have contempt for their disgusting approach and condemn their mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                  are you sure? the WINNER, who will top the group, plays another group topper?

that's odd. I dont think brackets are made that way.
                  but this is AFC. Anything is possible!
                  Jordan topped their group so Australia is the runner up.
                  Australia will play the winner of the Japan/Uzbekistan group.

Comment

Originally posted by beevee View Post
                    Ok get off you high horse let's walk together. I disagree, what I saw is a Syria team that can only play for 60 or so minutes and it's out of shape slow and not very organized I'd rather play them than the Aussies or even Oman, Bahrain and such any old day. Secondly why the name calling and outright hostility towards the Syrian? Are you sure your motivation in just football related?
                    Did you forget Al Soma's comments after we questioned the Malaysia game? The guy hates us through and through. Their fans even called him better than Ali Daei. If this is what you consider hostile, damn you should see the stuff they write about us.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      I feel sad to see Syria eliminated.
                      I was hoping we'd meet them somewhere along the way and RAPE them thoroughly

now, I'd have to settle for raping the Lebanese.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
                        Here's something to refresh your memory: https://youtu.be/hGc_Eumuqg8?t=95
                        this level of savagery towards our players was ridiculous

Comment

Interesting how the remaining groups C,D,E and F have worked out the same points tally before the final round of games so there is technically a play of to see how gets first in one game and who comes third in the other .

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                            If south Korea defeats China
                            And if Japan fails to defeat Uzbekistan
                            Then we won't meet any of the big 3 until the final (Japan,AUS,Korea) because they will all be in the other bracket
                            I think it will happen!

South Korea cares in which bracket they go unlike Japan.

Comment

Let’s see if this referee gets removed from the tournament like the one that made the call against Oman. Doubt it since his call favored Syria, an Arab team.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                Let’s see if this referee gets removed from the tournament like the one that made the call against Oman. Doubt it since his call favored Syria, an Arab team.
                                Are there any non Iranian sources for the other ref being suspended?
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X