1998 Asian Cup and the wrong information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Asian Cup and the wrong information

Sorry to open a new thread for this, but i have seen tons of interviews by former players blaming Zende Yaad Dehdari to sending a B team against SK in our final group stage match. We lost that match 0-3 and faced Saudi Arabia, lost to them 0-1 in semi. Former players still keep saying with a strong and A squad, we could have beaten SK and faced China instead of Saudi which is not true at all.

Iran had 5 points prior to SK match and Korea had 8(2 points for each win during those years), there was NO WAY, Iran could have finished at top of the Group A during that competition. Dehdari did the most logic thing by resting some of his key players.

I think for younger generation who listen to such interviews. it is important to know about the truth, the worst part is none of these interviews were edited or people they were not informed correctly!

Mods,
    Please edit the title: It is 1988 Asian Cup and not 1998!
    Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Sorry to open a new thread for this, but i have seen tons of interviews by former players blaming Zende Yaad Dehdari to sending a B team against SK in our final group stage match. We lost that match 0-3 and faced Saudi Arabia, lost to them 0-1 in semi. Former players still keep saying with a strong and A squad, we could have beaten SK and faced China instead of Saudi which is not true at all.
      Iran had 5 points prior to SK match and Korea had 8(2 points for each win during those years), there was NO WAY, Iran could have finished at top of the Group A during that competition. Dehdari did the most logic thing by resting some of his key players.
      I think for younger generation who listen to such interviews. it is important to know about the truth, the worst part is none of these interviews were edited or people they were not informed correctly!
      Going into the last game against us South Korea had 6 points (3-2 against Qatar, 1-0 against UAE and 2-0 against Japan). We had 5 (2-0 against Qatar, 0-0 against Japan and 1-0 against UAE). A win would have put us in first place. See this thread: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...nship-Campaign
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I think you are the one with the wrong information because if there are 5 teams in a group each team plays 4 games. How can a team have 8 points with 3 games played? 3 wins would be 6 points. A simple google search would’ve saved you a lot of wasted time.

Comment

My bad, lol that is true. i don't know why did i came up with 8 points.

Sorry mods, close the thread.

Comment

Working...
          X