Round of 16 bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

based on my 3rd round prediction,
    if all my predictions are correct we will face lebanon then china and then japan in semis

Comment

Whoever that thinks Japan is not strong is dreaming. The Japs have not shifyed from gear 1 yet. They will turn it up in thr knockout stage. Around the same time when our players are gased out from playing in gear 5 all along.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

We have to beat any team that comes on our path to success. So at the end of the day it doesn't matter how the brackets turn out. Even if we end up second in our group we have to keep beating teams.

Iran is definitely capable of winning the cup but we also need to have the element of luck on our side too.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
          You can generate your own scenarios by filling in the results in this link:
          https://ultra.zone/AFC-Asian-Cup-2019-Group-Stage
          Just FYI for those in doubt.
          Use the link and generate your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            We have to beat any team that comes on our path to success. So at the end of the day it doesn't matter how the brackets turn out. Even if we end up second in our group we have to keep beating teams.

Iran is definitely capable of winning the cup but we also need to have the element of luck on our side too.
            Absolutely, but I think as a fan I feel a lot less stress if Iran is on the
            left side of the bracket with AUS, JAP, KOR and KSA all on the other side.

BTW, note that if JAP does not top their group, they have to play AUS
            right off the bat in the round of 16!

Comment

From what I have watched so far in this AC,Iran can beat any team here without any doubt.

Except for TM i have been very impressed with one other team and that is Jordan.

for me , They are definitely the surprise of this tournament so far.

Comment

Looking at the top teams, it's fun to play with these scenarios and see what the brackets look like.

That said, remember that this is the AFC and we're competing for the continental cup in the UAE. While we're busy worrying about the likes of Australia, South Korea, Japan, and Saudi Arabia, any other team has just as good a chance for sneaking up on us. The last two times where we had the best equipped teams for winning (2004 and 2015), it was China and Iraq that eliminated us.

In this tournament and under these circumstances, everyone is dangerous for us in knockout matches.

Comment

I agree with the above.

I'm absolutely not reassured, since the K.O. stages can be a total shit fest knowing the AFC especially when we match up against tier 2 teams like Oman, Jordan and China.

We need to stay super focused and not get cocky. Just get through each game.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Isn’t Syria the current 3rd best team of B/E/F as the have a point and the other two don’t?
                    LOL. we are not going to face " the best 3rd team of B/E/F" . just one of them which will be decided based on which groups will have 3 teams in the next round. and I don't think Syria remains 3rd in that group. the will either finish 2nd or 4th.

it will be most probably Oman or Lebanon for us and I definitely prefer Lebanon.

Comment

Question to all

How do they determine which #3 of those 3 groups will end up playing Iran
                      when and if we win our group ???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                        If we win our group and JPN can't beat UZB
                        and KSA can't beat QAT then we most likely
                        end up with this bracket:
                        This would be the easiest bracket for TM

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          Whoever that thinks Japan is not strong is dreaming. The Japs have not shifyed from gear 1 yet. They will turn it up in thr knockout stage. Around the same time when our players are gased out from playing in gear 5 all along.
                          Exactly. They haven't revealed their real power yet. They make it like France in the World Cup. Just get the job done in the group stage and save energy for the knockouts and peak in later rounds. I don't think they really care in which half of the bracket they go. They are convinced of their own strenght. I think they would even prefer to face Australia in the Round of 16. So finish 2nd behind Uzbeks. Australia won't challenge for the title this year. They might get whooped away by this Japanese team.

Comment

My wishes for Teammelli:

Easy Round of 16 opponent like Turkmenistan or Libanon. Even Oman would be ok.

Please no South Korea in the quarterfinals. So let's hope they will beat China.

Avoid Japan as long as possible. It would be nice if they end up 2nd behind Uzbeks. This would mean we could face them only in the Final.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              Question to all

How do they determine which #3 of those 3 groups will end up playing Iran
                              when and if we win our group ???????????????
                              No, pre-determined before the tournament. See this in 3rd placed team, they have a chart there that explains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_AFC_Asian_Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                                ^^ Agree. brackets are good for gamblers. Maybe another general discussion can be used for that. Japan Korea Australia all have brought shitty teams so we should have no worries.
                                with performance of Iraq against Vietnam 3-2 and against Yemen 2-0 and the fact that Iraq was almost losing to Vietnam, we should expect a victory and not even a tie against Iraqis. Yes they are good but we are better, tactically and technically. The number of good players we have = twice the number of good players they have and their two matches already proved that. One game could have been just accident but two games say something. by the way Mongholians Japanese and Korean call a savage yamani. I think when Holakoo khan captured Baghdad and ended motasamobella khalifeh abbasi ended. At that time saudi did not exist and anyone helping motasam was from the south or arabian peninsula. When the monholians realized how bad the Abbasi/ now ISIS were they referred to them as Yamani.

^ You are also right. But don't forget a young player may take his phone under lahaf and read the football forums posting unless CQ has collected all their phones
                                I know Australia has had a number of key injuries, but have Japan and south Korea taken their second-rate team to the tournament? If so, why?
                                Could someone with some factual information elaborate on that, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X