X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs Vietnam Post Match Ratings

Iran vs Vietnam Ratings

Beiranvand - 8
    Besides a few attacks, he wasn’t really tested. He made a great save in a one on one situation and looked very calm and in control for the most part. I would’ve hoped for Niazmand to have had the start to gain experience.

Ghafouri - 7
    A bit of a mixed bag. Makes a couple of great runs here and there but looks sloppy in some cases. Ramin seems to be the better play but it was good to have Vouria get some minutes.

PAG - 5.5
    PAG picked the best time to have one of his worst games. He just didn’t seem right and looked sluggish. Maybe sitting him out the next game to rest and recover could be a good idea.

Kanani - 7.5
    Surprisingly, Kanani had a better performance than PAG and was a rock solid in the middle. Obviously he isn’t as reliable as PAG or Majid but it’s good to have him as a backup. Hopefully he’ll start again against Iraq to gain experience.

Hajisafi - 5
    If I had to pick a weak link, it would be him. I don’t understand how consistently he gets starts but yet looks flat always. Once LB isn’t his prime position and he should start next to Omid in the middle. I hope Milad starts the next game and Hajsafi is placed on the bench.

Dejagah - 6.5
    Another solid performance for him and surprisingly made it through another full 90 minutes. I hope we don’t overwork him and he picks up a silly injury or something. He continues to be the anchor in the middle but looked gassed out in the 2nd. He should rest next game.

Omid - 6.5
    Nothing much to say but he was solid in the middle and continues to provide consistent performances for us. Continue dialing him up going forward

Amiri - 5.5
    Looked sluggish and just out of sync the entire game. Maybe sitting him out the next game in favor of Torabi would be best for him. We’ll need him for the knockout stage.

Taremi - 6
    Had a couple good moments but just wasn’t as good as the Yemen game. The more I notice about Taremi, the more I think he performs better against Arab opponents. Play him against Iraq.

Ghoddos - 8
    Great performance by Saman as he was our main playmaker. I’m always baffled why CQ doesn’t consistently start this guy. Imagine him and AJ playing together more.

Sardar - 9 MVP
    It’s great to see Sardar have his confidence back. We will need him to be like this in the knockout stages. The 2nd goal was a great individual performance to put the game to rest. Start him against Iraq again.

Bench:
    Torabi - 6.5
    Didn’t see much of him but good pass to Sardar for the goal. Hopefully starts in the Iraq game over Amiri.

Nourollahi - 3
    Doesn’t deserve to be on TM and such a step down on Saeid. However, I’ll be ok with him or Cheshmi starting alongside Omid in the Iraq game to gain experience and allow rest for Dejagah and Hajsafi.

Karim - 4
    Didn’t really have much time to do anything but I always feel like he’s useless for us. Big step down from Sardar. He’s had way too many opportunities and always comes flat.

Game stats Vietnam vs. TM

Shots on target: 2-5
    Shots off target: 2-5
    Blocked shots 2-4
    Possession: 35-65
    Corners: 0-4
    Offsides: 3-1
    Fouls: 8-13
    Yellow cards: 2-2
    Corsses: 3-13
    Goal kicks: 10-5

Comment

Fatigue will be an issue if we are to go far. Apart from amiri and ebrahimi. Who else is a natural CM in this level?
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Beiranvand - 7.5 (Good couple of saves, some shaky passes)

Ghafouri - 7 (Great play on the first goal. Didn't notice him too much the rest of the game.)

PAG - 6.5 (Not one of his best games but still solid)

Kanani - 7 (I see now why CQ keeps inviting him despite all the hate)

Hajisafi - 5.5 (Out of position. Should be more careful with aggression towards refs.)

Dejagah - 7.5 (Very good first half but some mistakes in the second)

Omid - 7

Amiri - 6 (I prefer to see Saman and Torabi start)

Taremi - 7

Ghoddos - 8.5 (That is why we insisted he must start)

Sardar - 9 MOTM (That is the Sardar we want to see every game. His sub was a mistake as he was hungry for the hat-trick. Hope CQ doesn't punish him for his bad behavior after being subbed)

Bench:

Torabi - 7.5 (Just love this guy)

Nourollahi - 6

Karim - Not enough time to rate
        Last edited by _Navid_; 01-12-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Spot on ratings Nader.

Comment

Iran was sluggish but Vietnam played very tough. I believe we would’ve lost to a Japan or Korea If we play like we did today. This is the best time for us to play like this so I expect CQ to fix some of the issues and expect a great performance against Iraq

Comment

Goals and Highlights:

Comment

Beiranvand - 7 (Great save but made some mistakes in passsing)

Ghafouri - 6 (Good work on the first goal but I prefer Ramin over him. He wasnt secure in the defense.)

PAG - 5 (What has happened to him? We need him to get in form before the elimination rounds)

Kanani - 6 (Solid)

Hajisafi - 4 (What is it that he does that grants him the left back position? I really dont see it, he is our weakest link in the defense and he doesnt contribute that much in the offence
                either. Would like to see him in the DM position against Iraq.)

Dejagah - 6 (Good first half but a bad second one, he looked exhausted.)

Omid - 6 (Solid but made some bad passes.)

Amiri - 4 (Weak game overall)

Taremi - 6 (Didnt have the same impact as the Yemen game. What I really get annoyed by is that him and Sardar only tries to pass each other. Ok, we get it, you guys like eachother and
                sometimes you have a nice play, but look for other players!

Ghoddos - 7 (Good game, but I know that he can do alot more when he has his confidence. He can start an attack and finish it by his own.)

Sardar - 8 (I cant rate him lower because he scored two goals, the second goal was really good. I still dont think that he does well in passing and creating chances.)

Bench:
                Torabi - 6 (Solid)
                Nourollahi - 5 (Messed up sometimes, but overall ok).
                Karim - Not enough time to rate but he still hasnt done anything useful in this tournament.
                Overall an ok game. I expect a lot more and it CQ showed that he wasnt satisfied. We should school these teams if we want the cup. We look really shaky in defense, we did it against yemen and today aswell. I think that CQ will change tactics against Iraq and start defensively. I would swap Amiri and bring in Torabi. Hajsafi in the middle instead of Dejagah who needs rest and Mohammadi on the left. Ramin instead of Ghafori.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  Iran was sluggish but Vietnam played very tough. I believe we would’ve lost to a Japan or Korea If we play like we did today. This is the best time for us to play like this so I expect CQ to fix some of the issues and expect a great performance against Iraq
                  Bro, we won't play like this against sides like Japan or Rep. Korea.
                  Anyone who plays football knows that it is one thing the coach says, another that is really in your mind. The concentration against a team like Vietnam is not very high, that's normal.
                  But Iran has played solidly and well with a comfortable 2-0 victory. In addition, Vietnam has played super defensive, with five in the back, possibly with 2-3 players on the wings. They wanted to prevent us from flanking because we have the air sovereignty and in the center they were really compact, it was hard to get through with short passes. Vietnam defended well against the ball if they had defended like this against Iraq (they played much more offensive) Iraq wouldn't even scored a goal. In the end we had some coordination mistakes, but showed a pretty good game against a tactically disciplined team.

Comment

I get why people are rating hajsafi low, but it’s really not his fault, he is being played outside his DM position. It would be like giving Azmoun a 4/10 if he was played as a DM.. that’s just not the player he is. Don’t understand why MiMo doesn’t start there and move Hajsafi to DM where he has been solid in the past

Comment

Sardar post-match interview:
                      https://90tv.ir/videos/%D9%85%D8%B5%...86%D8%A7%D9%85

Comment

Azmoun scored two goals but he didnt even seem close to his best. his traps, passing, and hold up play werent the best. He tries very hard to get taremi on goal a few occasions but doesnt have the passing ability to do so on the give and go's. Anyway, two goals is two goals. Hope we can improve on defense but as other members said, its hard to keep concentration against some lower teams at times especially being up one or two nil. Vietnam essentially had one really good chance and it was smothered. Giving one chance to a team isnt that bad but hope to improve going forward. I think the players will be full concentrated vs iraq

Comment

Overall a dominant performance by the team. Ghoddos and Dejagah are a class above the rest and linked up very well. Can't wait for JB to be back to see a more flowing style of football between these three. Looking forward to the Iraq game.

Comment

^ I think MiMo will be a CQ surprise for more advanced stages. So will be ARJ.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Agar goroh ra bebarim ba ki baazi mikonim?

Agar dovvom beshim be nazar mirese ba Arabestan, na?
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                              X