Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    You have Son for the China game?
    Son has a game this Sunday, Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (this is the game to watch though). I guess he is free after that

Comment

Alot of the guys here are thinking about Korea so much they forgot that there's more than 90% chance we will meet australia in Quarters as they will be runners up granted Jordan beat them and even with a draw vs. Palestine, will finish as no 1.

Also our semi looks like it will be against either Japan/Saudi/Qatar.

This is gonna be a tough one. Let's go TM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
        He will be joining the team a few days before the match.
        Hell, i hope that we meet you guys first in the Final ( if we survive till the final).
        Moreover i hope that we dont play you guys in the WQC. Really want to play some new Teams and not
        all the Time Qatar, UZB and S.Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
          Alot of the guys here are thinking about Korea so much they forgot that there's more than 90% chance we will meet australia in Quarters as they will be runners up granted Jordan beat them and even with a draw vs. Palestine, will finish as no 1.
          Your math is way off. If Iran top their group, these are the odds on which 3rd place team we play in knockout round:

• 1/15 - group B (Australia group)
          • 7/15 - group E
          • 7/ 15 - group F

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_A...d-placed_teams

Comment

Your math is way off. If Iran top their group, these are the odds on which 3rd place team we play in knockout round:
            • 1/15 - group B (Australia group)
            • 7/15 - group E
            • 7/ 15 - group F
            See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_A...d-placed_teams
            Your reading skills is way off.

I said Quarters. Not Round of 16.

However, I'd like to say it was my mistake regarding Aus. I thought Quarters would winner of Runner B or A but its C or A which means it doesn't include Australia. Looks like China vs. Korea will be interested. A draw in that game would see us facing Korea again
            Last edited by Farhad-7; 01-11-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Your reading skills is way off.
              I said Quarters. Not Round of 16.
              However, I'd like to say it was my mistake regarding Aus. I thought Quarters would winner of Runner B or A but its C or A which means it doesn't include Australia.
              If Australia finish as runner-ups, they are on the other side of the bracket mate ... we will not see them till the final.

And yes, it was your mistake.

Comment

If Australia finish as runner-ups, they are on the other side of the bracket mate ... we will not see them till the final.

Yes, I'm humble enough to admit it just like you have to admit about your mistake too with R of 16.

Comment

Korea and China both suffered trying to win against Kyrgs and Philippines. The teams have declined and they have brought a bunch of old men. The teams have deteriorated since they got new coaches. In other words they do not belong to finals or semifinals. This Korean team is not even half of what they used to be when AJ Han and Yi chun soo played. Australia overpowered Palestine due to physique and poor nutrition of Palestinians.
                  Palestinians being behind by two goals, were walking on the field. We have a team with so many great players so we should not worry whom we play against in the path to championship. With CQ we will win. If we had a mihani coach then he would have chosen different payers and roodarvasi had affected his decisions.
                  With a culture of roodarvasi we will always need a foreign coach. for now let's look forward to Vietnam game. There is no reason to worry about tomorrow when it is today as Khayyam said.
                  One thing that I can tell you is the fact that sometimes playing against short people is harder when you are one to one dribbling because you cannot see the face of the short guy and you cannot guess which will he is going to go.
                  I like to see 5-0 but 4-0 or 3-0 will be fine. Our players should not and need not to commit fouls specially when we are ahead by 4 goals and the ball is in the opponent's third of the field.

Comment

The runner up in group B will not face us till the final match (if we finish first).

Comment

I just realized it's still a mathematical possiblity for Australia to finish last in the group. :lol:

Imagine Syria is leading them 1-0 and Jordan - Palestine is tied 0-0, would you think Jordan will go easy and let Palestine score one to bury the Aussies? Will be hilarious, yet unlikely.

This 3rd team has really spiced things up. Even second/third tier teams are fighting not to concede goals. You just know Lebanon and North Korea tomorrow will be on damage limitation. Same with Vietnam vs. Us. if Vietnam lose to one with only 1 or maximum 2 goals, they'll have a decent chance of being one of the best third teams if they beat Yemen.

O man, I can't wait for 3rd round of matches. Every game has something on it....even the seemingly dead rubber of Jordan vs. Palestine. 3rd round will be so bloody!

A few more plot twists possible this weekend. I'm curious about the Stan derby on Sunday. Also Japan really have to get out of 5th gear for the Oman match or I can see them drawing that.

Saudi and Qatar will both win with ease, both with more than 1 goal IMO.

Comment

If head to head is first tie breaker, then Jordan already won the group, no?

Comment

Jordan has won the group and they will field their 2nd team against Palestine and will most likely lose on purpose as well because they are basically the same country, now if Syria beats Australia , Australia will be eleminated

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                            The curse is real. As of now, we are on a QF collision course again with South Korea.
                            Looking a better team overall under Bento ..! Yet still very similar to the good ol SK to me ..!
                            Well organized offensively but lacking cutting edge, Defense & keeper looking suspect & mistake prone under pressure ..!
                            Chuck up another 1-0 win if we meet them again .! Although I really rather be in the final than the 1/4s once again ..!

Comment

According to this simulator (do not know how accurate) We will have a much easier path to the finals with only Japan on our side if we finish second in our group while finishing first will put us on the same side as Korea, Australia, Saudi. We are most likely to face a team from Group E in the next round.
                              https://ultra.zone/AFC-Asian-Cup-201...-Stage#group=d

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                                According to this simulator (do not know how accurate) We will have a much easier path to the finals with only Japan on our side if we finish second in our group while finishing first will put us on the same side as Korea, Australia, Saudi. We are most likely to face a team from Group E in the next round.
                                https://ultra.zone/AFC-Asian-Cup-201...-Stage#group=d
                                That's wrong. If we finish 2nd in our group, that's how our path looks like

R16 = Winner of Group E (Saudi Arabia most likely)
                                QF = vs. Winner of Group C / 3rd team group A (most likely China)
                                SF = UAE / Australia / Uzbekistan (one of these 3 teams barring a surprise last day group result)

So while we may avoid Japan and Korea, our R16 match is dramatically more difficult this way. Instead of playing someone like Lebanon or Turkmenistan, we'll play our arch rivals Saudi.

QF and SF will be easier though, I agree....that's assuming China wins the group.

Comment

Working...
                                X