Day 4 [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    Please remember that our game yesterday was on a monday in Abu Zabi which is
    1.5 hr away from Dubai.
    You will see a lot more fans vs. Vietnam on Saturday ,and probobaly a full stadium when
    we play Iraq in Dubai on Jan.16 th.
    Went to Satwa in Dubai today (a place where a lot of arab speaking Iranians from Lar and other places in the South of Iran are) to find some Iran shirts. And the persepolisi shop worker wouldn't stop yapping on about how much he loves Branko and hates CQ. I genuinely couldn't believe these people exist in real life and thought they were all weirdos online. And he kept talking the usual crap these lot do about how Persepolis is his national team and he doesn't care about team melli at all bcos of CQ. And he said people can't be bothered to make the trek to Abu Dhabi, and he might only go to the Iraq game if he finds a ticket. It was quite surreal meeting one of these crazy Branko supporters irl, let alone in Dubai. The guy actually referred to him as "professor Branko" ffs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PurePersian View Post
      Went to Satwa in Dubai today (a place where a lot of arab speaking Iranians from Lar and other places in the South of Iran are) to find some Iran shirts. And the persepolisi shop worker wouldn't stop yapping on about how much he loves Branko and hates CQ. I genuinely couldn't believe these people exist in real life and thought they were all weirdos online. And he kept talking the usual crap these lot do about how Persepolis is his national team and he doesn't care about team melli at all bcos of CQ. And he said people can't be bothered to make the trek to Abu Dhabi, and he might only go to the Iraq game if he finds a ticket. It was quite surreal meeting one of these crazy Branko supporters irl, let alone in Dubai. The guy actually referred to him as "professor Branko" ffs lol.
      Persepolis-ha is a naa-deed team (I use to support them). They haven't done anything in Asia and this guy takes them to the finals.

So he becomes a god to them. Shame really what an average coach can do in the Persian Gulf Pro League.

Comment

I just finished watching the highlights of the Saudi-Korea match and i have to say
        North Korea is the weakest team of the tournament so far.

Thier defence was none existent.

TM would have score 7 on them specially since they were down to 10 players the last 50 mins
        of the match.

Comment

Tehranto

Despite what one hardcore Perspolisi said , we all support TM like we do our beloved
          Perspolis, you can be certain of that.
          All those Irani-arab perspolisis and Iranians of Dubai will come to the stadium and cheer for Iran.

Comment

who cares about what other teams are doing. we need to focus on our team and improving ourselves game by game. I am looking for us to improve in next game.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Is Iraq boogey man team?

Comment

Tehranto

Despite what one hardcore Perspolisi said , we all support TM like we do our beloved
                All those Irani-arab perspolisis and Iranians of Dubai will come to the stadium and cheer for Iran.
                Hopefully.

We need to all be on the same page. I would like to re-support Persepolis again, all my mom's family is Persepolisi.

Comment

Tehranto

Unfortunately it's much more than just 1 or 2 guys. Just go to Instagram or other SM sites and see the hundreds and hundreds of shameless comments by Perspolisi's against not only CQ, but even against TM! Many even say that they're not supporting TM and that PP and Branko are much more important to them.

I've seen people ganging up against certain TM coaches in the past, but I've never seen it in this fashion where people openly hate on TM and say that their club and its coach is much more important for them than their NT.

Not only ordinary people, but also many old players, most of them former PP players who stand behind Branko and only make matters worse with their comments which only causes more and more division between PP supporters and TM.
                  Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                    Unfortunately it's much more than just 1 or 2 guys. Just go to Instagram or other SM sites and see the hundreds and hundreds of shameless comments by Perspolisi's against not only CQ, but even against TM! Many even say that they're not supporting TM and that PP and Branko are much more important to them.

I've seen people ganging up against certain TM coaches in the past, but I've never seen it in this fashion where people openly hate on TM and say that their club and its coach is much more important for them than their NT.

Not only ordinary people, but also many old players, most of them former PP players who stand behind Branko and only make matters worse with their comments which only causes more and more division between PP supporters and TM.
                    My father always says, who has more class? Nasser Hejazi or Ali Parvin? They embody Esteghlal and Persepolis.

Comment

Tehranto

For sure brother, come back to us , this whole Branko vs. CQ saga was designed to weaken
                      both Perspolis and TM by our enemies within Iran.

We are all one people,one blood and one nation.

Comment

The Eastern teams with the exception of Vietnam have been poor. Maybe they have a geographical disadvantage.

Comment

Lets see what Japan does tomorrow tho , they are the #1 favorites to win the AC

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                            The Eastern teams with the exception of Vietnam have been poor. Maybe they have a geographical disadvantage.
                            Honestly Vietnam seemed pretty poor today as well, in some occasions the players seemed to be completely lost in the field and their overall speed is very low.

Comment

Please remember that our game yesterday was on a monday in Abu Zabi which is
                              1.5 hr away from Dubai.

You will see a lot more fans vs. Vietnam on Saturday ,and probobaly a full stadium when
                              we play Iraq in Dubai on Jan.16 th.
                              The only match we play in Dubai will be the final group stage match against Iraq; every other match (assuming we finish 1st in the group) will be in either Abu Dhabi or Al Ain. Yes, the game was on a Monday but it was at 8PM local time. But date and time aside, 3000-4000 fans out of 500,000 Iranians in the country is pitiful. If someone has work, I certainly get it but the demanding 'fans' that are free but can't be bothered to just drive 1.5h are plastic fans.

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Persepolis-ha is a naa-deed team (I use to support them). They haven't done anything in Asia and this guy takes them to the finals.

So he becomes a god to them. Shame really what an average coach can do in the Persian Gulf Pro League.
                              The AFC Champions League is a joke of a tournament. Western Sydney Wanderers (who won the tournament in 2014) were a club that was just formed 2 years prior in 2012! Like most things in the AFC, it's your typical khar-to-khar football with very little style and substance; there's a reason there's a lack of consistency in performance across the teams that take part in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by FCZ1896 View Post
                                well actually hezbollahis dont believe in nationalism. they might have iranian passports but dont really identify as iranian. we have hezbollah in iraq and lebanon too...they see themselfes as part of a bigger Picture a bigger movement (shia in first line) and not in first line as iranians. first Thing khomeini tried to erase when he came to Iran was nationalism.

sorry guys for this lecture in history and modern geopolitics
                                sorry guys I couldn't help myself I have to reply to this. I promise no more.

Young man,
                                1- no body lectures others here or elsewhere unless you're in you're in your school.
                                2- History is a conceptual science History of Vietnam war is two different things if you're a Vietnamese or American, so is the History of Israel and the Palestinians so forth and so on, according to which side you belong to, so giving history lessons by you is a humorous.
                                3- Geopolitics by definition obvious by it's name is study of politics according to geography, such as the effects of Chinese policies in south China sea in regards to American or anyone else's interests. It has nothing to do with Shia identifying themselves as Iranians first or Shia first. In conclusion if you're giving a lecture it would be very helpful for you to at least have a rudimentary knowledge of what it is you're talking about.
                                Finally as an Iranian I don't give a flying **** if the the people that are fighting for a cause that has direct benefit to Iran call them selves Shia or Iranian first. Just as I don't care if the person that scores the winning goal for Iran in the Final of this cup is a Shia Hezbollahi, Secular democrat ,Saltanat talab or whatever else, if his actions are beneficial for Iran then he's my guy, period. Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                                X