No announcement yet.

QUEIROZ vs BRANCO Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can honestly say, since CQ, i do not have heart attacks, high blood pressure, same nervousness as under any other coach before him including Bronko! Why, because CQ knows what he is doing and get the most out of everyone. if we loss, we loss because of other factors.

I can't remember any other time that I was so confident about TM, I feel like with CQ, we have a change in every game!
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      What about losing to a team whose country was invaded by a bunch of people holding sticks? 1 u23 trophy is greater than 0 trophies. 3rd is lower than 6th. 15th is lower than 28th.
      You have conceded. We accept your defeat.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
        I can honestly say, since CQ, i do not have heart attacks, high blood pressure, same nervousness as under any other coach before him including Bronko! Why, because CQ knows what he is doing and get the most out of everyone. if we loss, we loss because of other factors.

I can't remember any other time that I was so confident about TM, I feel like with CQ, we have a change in every game!
        I agree, I was even quietly confident about beating Spain and or Portugal or at least draw against them and beat Morocco- go to next round with 5 points. CQ installs confidence in his players and the nation.
        sigpic
        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
          I agree, I was even quietly confident about beating Spain and or Portugal or at least draw against them and beat Morocco- go to next round with 5 points. CQ installs confidence in his players and the nation.
          Under other coaches it was a shitshow, always inshallah, mashallha, if this, if that etc.....

Also, under CQ there is a discipline, no one is horsing around.

I have never seen such a discipline in TM at any level or any other sport (with the exception of Valasco when he was volleyball coach)

whether you like him or not, CQ does not bend over to please anyone. He wants to get the results and will stand by it.

Who can forget Bronko and his favorite 11 players!!! did not matter if it was Bahrain or Mexico, everyone know the 11 players in the team.
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Ebrahim Mirzapour - 71 caps

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              Ebrahim Mirzapour - 71 caps
              That is because Bronko did not create a competition in the TM. Almost all of our most cap players got most of their playing time under bronko. Mahdevika, daei, karimi, javad, kaabi, etc.

you will be lucky to get 100 caps from CQ if he stays another world cup. he will cut you out!
              IRI = FAILED

Comment

lol bikarin neshastin ba in toole kherse bahs mikonin.. Toole jan, thankfully Branko is still around and coaching Perspolis so you can continue enjoying his Majesty and what he is doing with the greatest team in Asia, in the strongest league in the world. Let Carlos and Team Melli enjoy their disgusting consistency against weak teams such as South Korea, Argentina, Chile, Portugal, Spain and be koorie cheshe amsale khodet, hopefully their win in Asian Cup too.

Though I really liked Branko up until he had a real test in World Cup 2006, he showed that he had very poor management skills and the whole team fell apart due to internal issues between players. Karimi, Daei and many others did not end up showing what they are capable of because of poor leadership and decision making by Branko, to the extent where he didn't even come back to Iran to explain and took a flight right out of TM after the World Cup. His team included the golden era of TM which included players like Hashemian - (Bayern Munich and Bochum), Ali Daei - no explanation needed, Karimi - Asian Player of the year & Bayern Munich, Rahman Rezaei - Seria A, Zandi - Bundesliga, Mahdavikia - no explanation needed, Karim Bagheri and many other talents that went to waste such as Khaziravi, Mobali, Nibakht Vahedi, etc.. Back then, we were actually able to book friendly games and not go into a major tournament with 2-3 weak friendly games.

The fact that you've included West Asian Games, Busan Championship, etc. and ommited Irans' ranking in 2018 World Cup, which is the only justification of what CQ has achieved in the past 7-8 years shows how biased you are. I don't like a defensive style of play, but hey, we clearly don't have players that are able to convert a lot of goals and are superior by a clear margin compared to other team's defenders, so I support the smart decision CQ has made to make us great defensively in order to marginally win games and produce results. If all of these facts don't affect your opinion at all, then print a copy and rub em where it hurts the most.

Comment

Exactly, and people don't realise the long term impact which a meritocracy has for TM in these positions. I thought Seyed Jalal was untouchable but he just cut him out and put an uncapped player (Majid Hosseini) straight in for the world cup.

I mean we still haven't had an analysis about how crazy that move was. And the net result may have not been tangible instantly, but is:

- That we now have a talented capped centre-back straight into our national team at this age who has at least a decade ahead of him

- We have a message for other central defenders who are in their youth that if you try hard enough, you can make it. there won't always be a fixed Golmohammadi/Rezaei partnership which no one can touch.

These are intangible benefits, they aren't immediately quantifiable because the positive impact is something which is spread over years. This is the point of CQ vs Branko - future-proofing vs future-destroying

Yet some insist on 25th vs 28th?

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post
                    I don't like a defensive style of play.
                    Even though I agree with a lot of your post, why don't you like a defensive style of play?

We play a very European style disciplined football which is great to watch, I find it much more enjoyable than the deimi, bezan bebeneem chi misheh football in the past. Seeing the unit and players in sync moving together, it's like a phalanx formation

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                      Majority of fans were "worried" about playing Arab teams back then? it was nerve racking, ha?
                      Look at these two threads (from 2007) and see for yourself how "worried" and afraid our fans were of facing Arab teams.
                      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...highlight=WAFF
                      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...highlight=WAFF
                      now back up your claim, or stay off my posts.
                      Make the poll to get your evidence. Ask "Were you confident that TM would win against Persian Gulf \ Arab teams prior to CQ?"

What you present doesn't prove anything since most prediction threads have guys bsing and making predictions like Iran wins by 100! Iran 99 - KSA 0. But since you wanted me to give you evidence...:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...hlight=bahrain

The last thread is right around when CQ took over and members will still not super confident due to the previous 5 years of mismanagement and poor results. My argument with you is that post WC2006 - April 2011, TM fans were worried \ nervous \ stressed about playing Teams such as Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, etc. Please keep our discussion in context. I see that a few members have also expressed my sentiment in this thread regarding their concern with TM performance during that period.

Last time I checked this is a forum so If I or any member wants to comment on a post such as yours they are free to do so. And like i said before were a couple days away from the AC cup and you still cant put your bias aside and root for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        You have conceded. We accept your defeat.
                        Haha made me laugh. I will concede if CQ gets us to the finals and wins a trophy as opposed to not winning any trophy. We lost to people whose country was invaded by people with sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Exactly, and people don't realise the long term impact which a meritocracy has for TM in these positions. I thought Seyed Jalal was untouchable but he just cut him out and put an uncapped player (Majid Hosseini) straight in for the world cup.

I mean we still haven't had an analysis about how crazy that move was. And the net result may have not been tangible instantly, but is:

- That we now have a talented capped centre-back straight into our national team at this age who has at least a decade ahead of him

- We have a message for other central defenders who are in their youth that if you try hard enough, you can make it. there won't always be a fixed Golmohammadi/Rezaei partnership which no one can touch.

These are intangible benefits, they aren't immediately quantifiable because the positive impact is something which is spread over years. This is the point of CQ vs Branko - future-proofing vs future-destroying

Yet some insist on 25th vs 28th?
                          By this logic we owe Karimi's brilliance in games and Daei's world record to Branko. On this we agree. CQ has been here for 8 years hopefully he will win the Asian cup and you are correct on your intangible benefits theory.

Comment

Haha made me laugh. I will concede if CQ gets us to the finals and wins a trophy as opposed to not winning any trophy. We lost to people whose country was invaded by people with sticks.
                            Reread your post. You have already conceded. We accept your defeat.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              Reread your post. You have already conceded. We accept your defeat.
                              By losing to people whose country was invaded by people holding sticks I mean Iraq or ISIS at the time. I will gladly concede for my beloved TM. Go TM and CQ.

Comment

By losing to people whose country was invaded by people holding sticks I mean Iraq or ISIS at the time. I will gladly concede for my beloved TM. Go TM and CQ.
                                You have conceded. The discussion has concluded with your defeat. We wish you success in future discussions.

Comment

Working...
                                X